Re: Round 9 - MotoOption MXS SX Series presented by Vurbmoto

Organize races and post results here
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

In talking about it right now, and hearing your explanation, no. In the heat of the moment when you made a sudden unexpected move to the right out of the corner, yes.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

haydugjr wrote: I don't remember a 13 but I do remember jumping inside and hitting someone. To be honest, I had no choice but to follow directly behind you. I am nowhere near as fluid on an MXS bike as I am on my RL one. Once I pick a line, I have to either take it or wash out. The one where I jumped inside was because when I landed off the double, my bike was already aimed that way, and so I rolled over the inside thing. Once I was approaching the inside bump all I could do was hope you got a good drive out of the turn so that you just hit my front tire, but that didn't happen and I screwed us both over. Sorry man :|
All good, I know you weren't doing it on purpose, I just was hoping for a little more caution is all. Looking ahead and being aware of what other riders ahead of you are doing will help with your race result FAR MORE than hot laps....
Sweendoggy

Post by Sweendoggy »

SCHAFFERNOCKER wrote:This is just showing everyone's true dweeb side. Please stop with the whole "This game is my life" speaches.

Does anyone else here get laid, or go out on the weekends? Or has the community just wrapped their peckers around this game and shut-out everything else?

I mean I am all about MXS, and the reality this game brings. You can spin 500 laps a week and you will never tell me that it filled your adrenaline fix like it does throwing your leg over a real motorcycle.

If you really want to try and dedicate yourself to something, try a little harder in school. Trust me, it will pay off in the long run. Look at JLV, he made bank, off of all of us. By what he studied and learned. Not by riding 200 laps on excitebike 64 hoping to post the fastest qualifing time for some free swag. (sorry to date your age JLV, but im guessing your old enough to have grew up in the exitebike era)

And one more point. Not sure if this has been made or not yet....

NO ONE CARES HOW GOOD ANY OF YOU ARE AT THIS GAME! In reality, if your extremely good at MXS, you probably grew up racing the trail bike class.
Weren't you the guy saying rF wasn't doing a serious enough job? Not posting enough race recaps? That sort of thing...

I put more time into this game than I'd say 90% of guys who play it. Now, 90% of that time is spent working on the website, standings, videos, coding, etc etc etc and not exactly playing the game, but still I put a TON of time into it. I am also going to school for Mechanical Engineering, which is one of the most involved and difficult majors you can have, and I take 17 units a semester. I have a job, working 20-30 hours weekly. I also have a girlfriend that I live with, and spend a ton of time with every day. I also see my parents an hour away every few weekends, and of course I ride and race motorcross. I record music, skateboard and I'm pretty good at both of those things too (lots of time in). On top of that I spend a significant amount of time sitting on the couch watching netflix, or playing skyrim. I also spend time browsing the internet. I also take my dog on hour long walks everyday. I'd say even though I put in more time to MXS than most people here, I still have more going on in my life than most, especially you Schafferknocker.

2nd, how is being good at this game different from being good at motocross in real life when you really break it down? Sure this game is a lot smaller, but being good at anything is cool to certain people. Do you know how many people in the world don't give a fuck how good james stewart is at riding a stupid motorcycle? I'll give you a hint, it's in the billions.

You know how many people don't care about how hard you need to try and plead your case that you are better than use because you "have a life" outside of this video game? Everybody

Why don't you just leave us nerds alone and go live your shitty "real life" as you call it....people like you drive me nuts
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

warrior462 wrote:And yes, Die, most people will completely punt you if they sense any chance of taking the win in the last lap.
I have no problem with that. If it's the last corner anything goes. What I don't get is when people go for a takeout when they're running 12th in the first lap of a heat race. You'd think that everyone outside the qualifying positions would be riding extra clean so they can catch 9th instead of crashing and getting lapped.
Ddavis wrote:First time leading a race on MXS, pretty stoked on it but made some mistakes. Also if you watch the last 2 clips, I did get sketchy on the takeoff of the finish, and the same thing happened a few laps later with Darr. Sorry for cutting you off I didn't mean to make you crash.
http://youtu.be/6O0L5WSO7u4?hd=1
That was a great first lap. Definitely shows how important it is to not follow, which is really all Die was trying to say.
Phathry25 wrote:So you're saying that the fastest way down the straight was to come out of the right hander, keep turning right, then turn left off the finish line jump, and then turn right in the next corner? Hmm...I am obviously stubborn, and narrow minded, but I always figured taking a strait line between the two right handers would have been fastest...but what do I know, it's not like I was obviously getting down that strait any faster than Darr... :roll:
Looking at the bright side, you did great in all the left handers!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

yzmxer608 wrote:
Sweendoggy wrote:with the way guys ride in the races I guess I just need to hope for luck
Sucks to come to the conclusion that that's what is takes to get out clean from people who make stupid decisions now... Hoping to see that license system next year.

Oh, and about DAMN TIME Shack!
X2 on the bold. That luck stuff sure seems to not be happening for me. In the main's anyway.
die996
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by die996 »

jlv wrote:
Ddavis wrote:First time leading a race on MXS, pretty stoked on it but made some mistakes. Also if you watch the last 2 clips, I did get sketchy on the takeoff of the finish, and the same thing happened a few laps later with Darr. Sorry for cutting you off I didn't mean to make you crash.
http://youtu.be/6O0L5WSO7u4?hd=1
That was a great first lap. Definitely shows how important it is to not follow, which is really all Die was trying to say.
Ok, now I feel kinda honoured, hehehehe
Howcanyoubesofuckingdumbthatyou'rereadingthis??
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

What everybody has forgotten to mention here is...EGO They are so inflated around here at so many different levels for so many stupid reasons. You're also dealing with kids that think MX/SX REVOLVES around the block pass or take out to advance instead of pure talent(used loosely). As for creating a system to keep out the riff-raff, I'm all for it. I know that requiring qualifying laps has helped and a licencing system will further that. However, the ego problem will never go away. I see issues being resolved in a mature manner(also used loosely), but I also see people acting like they have special privelige(caste) over others and that's just wrong. This is going to continue to grow with the number of UID's out there and it'll be interesting to see what JLV can do to prevent MXS from getting too big for it's britches. Good luck.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Sweendoggy

Post by Sweendoggy »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:What everybody has forgotten to mention here is...EGO They are so inflated around here at so many different levels for so many stupid reasons. You're also dealing with kids that think MX/SX REVOLVES around the block pass or take out to advance instead of pure talent(used loosely). As for creating a system to keep out the riff-raff, I'm all for it. I know that requiring qualifying laps has helped and a licencing system will further that. However, the ego problem will never go away. I see issues being resolved in a mature manner(also used loosely), but I also see people acting like they have special privelige(caste) over others and that's just wrong. This is going to continue to grow with the number of UID's out there and it'll be interesting to see what JLV can do to prevent MXS from getting too big for it's britches. Good luck.
Nicely put
squirrelboy86
Team: SD | Action Suzuki

Post by squirrelboy86 »

Really sorry about that sween, definitely was not purposely done
Roy Mitchell wrote:I got cockblocked by the refrigerator
Click for go fast.
surfboyrio
Team: Privateer

Post by surfboyrio »

Apologies for getting in the way on Heat 1 SX - I was doing my best to stay out of the way. Next time ill be faster and wont be lapped. Thanks rF and Mxs for putting this series together.
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

i still never figured out who decided that i was NOT going to get 2nd in the LCQ lol
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Daytona is released.
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

Where can I get it?