privateer skins for nationals?

Organize races and post results here
karlwb
Team: Privateer

privateer skins for nationals?

Post by karlwb »

i was just looking at the teams skins thread and it occured to me it would be good to have a privateer skin saf for the nationals,so when its made you just bung the saf in your personal folder then when we watch our demo's we'll see everyones own personal gear,besides the team dudes.
it's just an idea,don't know if there's any pitfalls,like too much for your cpu,but if anyone knows and think it'd work ok,i'd volunteer to collect everyones stuff and bundle it into 1 saf just for the national series. i was thinking like 1 helmet,1 rider,1 bike per rider to be submitted perhaps 7 days before locust kicks off to give me time to collect it all.
for now i just want feedback to see if it's a good idea and some advice on the best way to collect them all,if it's practical i'll take the next step.
rewrew421

Re: privateer skins for nationals?

Post by rewrew421 »

This already happens, if the skin you use is released on the forums and you download it then it will show up if someone uses it in a race, even if you dont use it you should download it so it shows up.
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
motox161

Post by motox161 »

well I know that I havent downloaded all the skins and stuff and I dont have the patience to look through a bunch of threads to get everything. I think if someone does have the patience then they should make one big saf of everything kinda like the beginning of the last series
Gourley #13
karlwb

Post by karlwb »

yeh and what i'm thinking is a lot a people probably got their own personal stuff they like to use,but they don't neccesarily put it out for release. result is in the demo's you get a lotta stuff revert to default,and its hard to recognise one from another, we could have more diversity,like helmet skins for example.i wouldnt search or dl loads of different stuff on the off chance someone will use it.however if you stick all the personal gear privateers wanna use for this seasons nationals in 1 saf,thats just one easy dl for everyone,then we'll get more diversity and be able to recognise riders easy.
once the seasons nationals are done we can just bin the saf and make a new one for the next season. :D
karlwb

Post by karlwb »

checkout "wheels1758" wmsa team/skins thread,any riders taking part in the S3 nationals can get their personal skins for the season put in, so everyone can DL 'em from one place,you'll also find all the team riders skins there too,nice and easy.
i've already DL'd eskwards wheels, rewrews numbers and the two rider models (showtime and ddmx) from DJ's sticky thread of released models and skins,i reckon that should cover everything.

i'm putting in a personalised bike and helmet,for the rest i'm using skins from the stickied released models for rider,wheels and numbers,those everyone should have anyways. :D