The New WMSA Season 3.5 Nationals (Rnd8+9 Standings+Results)

Organize races and post results here
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: The New WMSA Season 3.5 Nationals (Rnd3 Standings + Results)

Post by jlv »

ShackAttack12 wrote:If i give myself a penalty for leirop, im going to have to go back and give every single person a penalty for touching a pole or haybale EACH TIME..... you really want me to do that?
When someone points it out, yes. When people see the referee cutting a haybale they tend to assume that it's okay to cut haybales. If you took 5 points off yourself after that race the AMA stakes would have received more respect in this race.
and im not giving you a full penalty because you didn't get one.... i am dispercing exactly what people get (and people can't get negative points).
I just watched the first few laps of my demo and I'm already up to 5 cuts (outside after gate 3 every lap and inside on gate 14). I'm fine with 0 points.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

jlv wrote:
ShackAttack12 wrote:If i give myself a penalty for leirop, im going to have to go back and give every single person a penalty for touching a pole or haybale EACH TIME..... you really want me to do that?
When someone points it out, yes. When people see the referee cutting a haybale they tend to assume that it's okay to cut haybales. If you took 5 points off yourself after that race the AMA stakes would have received more respect in this race.
and im not giving you a full penalty because you didn't get one.... i am dispercing exactly what people get (and people can't get negative points).
I just watched the first few laps of my demo and I'm already up to 5 cuts (outside after gate 3 every lap and inside on gate 14). I'm fine with 0 points.
Ill take one for the team if its such a problem. It really doesnt matter to me.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
rgaede
Team: Privateer

Post by rgaede »

In response to the AMA stakes, and not claiming to read there rulebook (even though half the officials don't), the rules are that if the rider has gained a position by the cut, then they are given a penalty. Like when Windham rode around a turn at steel city and kawi wanted him to be penalized. The officials responded to fisher, who was waving a rule book at the official, that Windham hadn't gained a position, thus no penalty (The formula actually included this in the footage). Also, at most nationals there is even a line that goes outside of the stakes. Again, not saying there shouldn't be a penalty, just stating what the AMA normally does...
Rgaede Past numbers #333 #19 Now #373

DILLIGAF
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

rgaede wrote:In response to the AMA stakes, and not claiming to read there rulebook (even though half the officials don't), the rules are that if the rider has gained a position by the cut, then they are given a penalty. Like when Windham rode around a turn at steel city and kawi wanted him to be penalized. The officials responded to fisher, who was waving a rule book at the official, that Windham hadn't gained a position, thus no penalty (The formula actually included this in the footage). Also, at most nationals there is even a line that goes outside of the stakes. Again, not saying there shouldn't be a penalty, just stating what the AMA normally does...

That's not always the case though.

If you cut off enough time from your lap, you will be penalized like Lawrence was at A1. I mean, if you were to be at redbud, and just turn left after the table before laroccos leap and go toward the finish, you'll be penalized no matter if you passed or not.
rgaede

Post by rgaede »

true, but not if your just traveling up a hill and your just outside the stakes, like if your at 'dilla or something.

DILLIGAF
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Yeah. Glen Helen is like that, with the big hills. Can't exactly readjust when going up them.
motox161

Post by motox161 »

Alright here is each time that I "cut" the track. Your honestly going to say that's cutting the track? Did I make any positions by doing that? Did I shave seconds off my lap time? I'm just riding fast and it's hard to keep on the track sometimes, I mean it's not like I mean to go a couple of inches inside a steak just to make up some time. I just think the judging was way too strict. If it was an obvious cut and they made seconds of time off it then I could see them getting penalized.
Gourley #13
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

motox161 wrote:Alright here is each time that I "cut" the track. Your honestly going to say that's cutting the track? Did I make any positions by doing that? Did I shave seconds off my lap time? I'm just riding fast and it's hard to keep on the track sometimes, I mean it's not like I mean to go a couple of inches inside a steak just to make up some time. I just think the judging was way too strict. If it was an obvious cut and they made seconds of time off it then I could see them getting penalized.
Cutting is cutting... whether you are inside or outside of the corner.... in your case, your line was to round out that corner after that long straight and go outside the poles....

The whole point of that corner is to fly down the straight and BRAKE HARD so you stay inside the track. You did it every lap dude.

You cant sit here and say "a couple of inches"... your whole bike was outside the poles every time.... You made the track minimum 5 feet wider using your line. How is that fair to everyone?

I either lay down the law or cover my eyes... stay on the track and nothing will be a problem!
ShackAttack12
Jacko #828

Post by Jacko #828 »

WTF!!!! I didn't cut any banners, I
Made sure that I didn't and I watched my race 3 times to make sure!!!!
rgaede

Post by rgaede »

ShackAttack12 wrote:A class results posted................

Here is why MXCR85 got a penalty:

Both shots were taken with the rider positioned even with that banner (laterally).

DILLIGAF
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Was just about to quote that. You blind MXCR85?

You messed up Kawasakis score as well Shack
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

DJ wrote:Was just about to quote that. You blind MXCR85?

You messed up Kawasakis score as well Shack
Crap.... i just noticed that.... thanks for pointing that out.... ill fix it this afternoon.

Looks like i confused #46 with #42.... just goes to show how angry i was yesterday :oops:
ShackAttack12
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

mxcr85 wrote:WTF!!!! I didn't cut any banners, I
Made sure that I didn't and I watched my race 3 times to make sure!!!!
Yes, you did.... and i knew you were going to bitch about it, thats why i specifically took a SS of it.

Trust me, i sat with you frozen above the banner for 15-20 minutes checking EVERY angle to be absolutely sure...

"It doesnt matter if you win by an inch or by a mile..."

Same applies to cutting the banners.
ShackAttack12
gordy

Post by gordy »

to add to the going the outside the stakes argument:
whilst redoing all of the thunder valley track so it was in accordance with the 08 nat layout, i watched the race a billion times, and nearly every lap, the front guys were taking a line after the big table that cut waaaay to the outside of the stakes
instupitious.
motox161

Post by motox161 »

gordy wrote:to add to the going the outside the stakes argument:
whilst redoing all of the thunder valley track so it was in accordance with the 08 nat layout, i watched the race a billion times, and nearly every lap, the front guys were taking a line after the big table that cut waaaay to the outside of the stakes
ok with that said, they obviously didnt penalize the guys in front points or positions for doing that. I think the same should go for me. I worked a lot harder than most other people on that demo and I know I deserve second place points, not 7th place points. I just think that's bullshit when I really never actually cut the track. But I guess it's whatever.
Gourley #13