Poll: Is there still interest in the WMSA?

Organize races and post results here

Currently, how do you feel about the WMSA?

I enjoy racing every week and want it to keep going.
36%
I want it to keep going but am losing interest.
12%
I want it to keep going but i don't feel like participating much anymore.
9%
I think the WMSA should be postponed until we can run live multiplayer competitions.
18%
Multiplayer owns all. I hate racing by myself.
24%

Total votes: 66

ShackAttack12

Poll: Is there still interest in the WMSA?

Post by ShackAttack12 »

I just wanted to make a poll to see what people think.

It seems as though multiplayer is taking away from the participants of this series. Each round there are less and less riders.

It takes an incredible amount of work and effort to run this series regardless of how many people participate. If the urgency isn't there any more, than whats the point of running it?

I just want to know whether or not you guys still want the WMSA to go on. Make your poll selection and include any comments that you may want to make below.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
rgaede
Team: Privateer

Re: Poll: Is there still interest in the WMSA?

Post by rgaede »

The option that I would vote for really isn't in there. I like to race in the WMSA, but due to limited time between school/work, I have been choosing to ride online because it is more fun. I like to do the national races, just haven't had the time lately...
Rgaede Past numbers #333 #19 Now #373

DILLIGAF
DJD

Post by DJD »

I've always hated running demos......but now there is online multiplayer, and that was the nail in the coffin for me.......i will never run another demo in my MXS career.......F*ck that
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Ive ran every race so far I didn't do the last one due to my pure hatered for that track. Multiplayer is a bad alternative and I hope to never go that route. Dirty racing out the ass, timezone differences, room limitations. I could go on but, we all know were Im going with this.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
russ190

Post by russ190 »

i agree with puma. I didnt run the last race either because i hate that track. I dont like online much because when im on, there might be 1 other person that is just wanting to do whips and crash people. Or if you are racing, someone gets a bad start and they want a restart right away. its racing. And if its the 2nd to last lap or last lap, i will not restart. Im online to race, not read about you wanting a restart.
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

i love the wmsa series. i think it needs to go on. multiplayer sessions wouldnt work for the reasons that puma said. and honestly is it that hard to do a demo????
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

WMSA is fine for me some of the time, but I don't like racing myself, because it's really easy to get mad at the game when the chips are down. I prefer online racing a lot better and I think an official race system should be set up for it. I'm not saying we should move the WMSA to online, because that would mean scheduling nightmares for 80% of riders, but I think we should have a governing body that creates official races on an official server. Perhaps one a day, with different times each day that cycle. For example, wednesday could always run 17:00 GMT or something, while Tuesday would have another time and Saturday would have another time, that way everyone should be able to make an official race once a week. Or, we could have time slots, where A, B, and C classes alternate, with each race starting at a given time, and riders sign up for that time. Different track every day. Thoughts?
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

I've been to every race so far(and I think I'll continue the same way if the series continue), but after online came out it has been more burden than joy to make the demos. I hate demo racing because you don't know when you can take it a little easier and when do you have to push real hard, you have to aim to perfection all the time. But it is always very much fun to look at the races, and that's what keeps me sending demos.

But I'd still prefer racing online series. There could be like European, Oceanic and American division to get rid of some of the scheduling problems, and at the end of each season could be a shootout between these divisions (like east-west shootout in lites SX). Of course we would need enough officials from each continent to take care of the servers, points etc. If (or when) jlv and Knarf get the stats site to run in cooperation with the servers it would ofcourse help to stay up with the official results. And of course after each round a demo of the race would be posted to the forums, so everyone could see the speed in the other divisions. Just some thoughts that came to my mind.

To conclude about the offline racing, I will continue to do the races always when possible, but if you feel like stopping the season then just do it, I won't mind that much. And if I feel like demo racing again I'd just join/make a JFFR or something.
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
karlwb

Post by karlwb »

many of the A class riders have raced demo's for a few seasons so i guess it doesn't hold the interest for them now,but for me it's my first season to race officially, if the series continues i'll keep racing it. at the mo online is only jffr and with a lotta problems!

when we get user hosted servers then official online racing will takeoff,but one thing that's needed is the creation of online specific tracks, vetted for multiplayer.this would encourage existing tracks to be modified and the new ones created with some thought to things like eliminating track cutting and cpu demand.
yomo

Post by yomo »

karlwb wrote:eliminating track cutting and cpu demand.
No offense but i must say 95% of new tracks will be pushing the boundary of cpu demand. I doubt many decent track will be made for slow computers
dearnhardtfan7

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

I missed the qualifier at the beginning of the season and everyone made such a big deal about not letting anyone join late so I havent pushed the issue of trying to get in. I would however race each round if I was allowed. I definitely think multiplayer is not developed enough at the moment to try to do any kind of official racing.
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

You should be able to join. Just ask ShackAttack12, he will probably let you.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

WMSA is awesome, I would not be able to race online every week, things come up, people are busy and in different time zones. I used to race MX untamed online on xbox360, but i missed most rounds because i had other things to do on those specific nights...with demos, you can do it in your free time any time during the week! or if you can't play one week you can do them in advance. I think it is the best way to do this series worldwide. Basically I don't think I could find the time to make the online race every week at a certain time, I think the current format is best and I have a lot of fun! People can race online for fun and practice, but demos is where it is at! will there be a sx series???
karlwb

Post by karlwb »

yomo195 wrote:
karlwb wrote:eliminating track cutting and cpu demand.
No offense but i must say 95% of new tracks will be pushing the boundary of cpu demand.
yeh it's nice to make the best you can but you end up racing pc's not riders and eliminating a good % from competing.
yomo195 wrote:
I doubt many decent track will be made for slow computers
me neither, but there is good design,take as example lierop,you got all them bales and posts,no shp file,plus many are placed so random they serve no purpose,plus you got all them snow fences that are a real pain for your pc to render,i can't remember about the trees,but sometimes like on washougal they cause a lotta problems cos of the type used.
both these tracks could run a lot better without losing any visual effect.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Honestly, I don't even play Multiplayer that much with this game.

My internet just sucks. So I'll stick to the demo racing for now. And I like to. It's fun to just ride, ya know?