2013 Licensing Update + other rF updates

Organize races and post results here
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

2013 Licensing Update + other rF updates

Post by Sweendoggy »

So I've gotten a few questions about licensing so I'll answer what I can for now....

We have not worked on it too much yet, however this is somewhat how it will work.

Less than 20 riders have secured a PRO License at the moment. The remaining Pro License holders will be determined from the 450 Winter Indoor class, maybe 1 or 2 standouts in the 250 Winter Indoor class, and during 450 West Coast Supercross rounds.

MOST riders that currently race pro events will get an A license. For 2013 supercross an A license will grant you access to the 250 class (west or east) AND the 450 class on the opposite coast, with the restriction that you have to be within a certain percentage of the averaged top 10 qualifying times (subject to change). Therefore, if you WANT a pro license to race 450's full time, you need to be racing the 450 class in Winter Indoor, and you can race the 450 in the West Coast and prove that you deserve to be in the class. Raw speed is NOT the only factor. I will be taking into account your reputation, how clean you race, and your decision making into this. Putting in solid rides where you keep to yourself, don't take people out, ride smart, re enter the race safely, etc will help you gain a Pro License.

NOW, the requirements to move up from class to class during 2013 still need to be determined. It will be a semi-automated system. However you WILL be able to will out a form to petition to move up, if you think you are ready before you reach the requirements. Most of these we will deny, however this will be useful for EMF guys that come over to race some rF events, but don't really have a lot of rF results to speak of.

FINALLY, the last thing that will factor into my decision for licenses, is that I will put a form up on the website that you have to fill out before you log in again (this will be done in like december, don't get too excited). This form will basically tell us which classes you WANT to race. Your "plans" for 2013. That will factor in. If a guy really wants to race the 450, but isn't exactly setting the world on fire. We may take it into consideration more if we know that he wants to race the 450, and he is a clean rider that gets along with everyone and doesn't cause any drama, that isn't going to mess up people in the class by riding reckless, then we may be able to overlook some of the other requirements for the pro license.

I hope to get a "mock" list up soon of the licenses I'm working on. This will give you an idea of what you need to do to prove to us you deserve the license you want. Please try to understand that these lists won't be perfect, as my judgment only works so well, however by mid SX season I hope the lists will be sorted properly. I wanted this list to be out b4 Winter Indoor but we have just been so busy lately we just haven't had the time.

OTHER NOTES

2013 PRO Supercross nights will be on Tuesday next year (most likely MX too). This is to give less practice to pros, and more practices to ams, so we actually get players playing in the proper class to their skill, not their practice time. This MIGHT change depending on the rF staff's schedules, but this is the plan for next year is have tuesday be PRO day. Ams will run the following day on Wednesday. Am day will consist of a B class and a C class, most likely limited to 250f's. So in other words, if you only get a B or C license, you still get the same racing format that the pros do, except with people who hopefully are at your skill level so you can actually race, and not just be in the way :)

Ok, guess that's about all I can divulge for now. Hopefully we can have an insightful discussion about all this, and not rage too much at eachother like what happens normally when I post future rF plans... Everytime I post something we are going to do I regret it about 2 hours later while fighting with some kid on here, so please don't make me feel that way as I like to keep you guys as in the loop as I can. Also most of that stuff isn't exactly up for debate, just so you guys know, however you can express your opinions here. Can't speak for all of the rF staff, but I won't rage at you, but just know, there is about 5 reasons for everything we do, so this stuff is thought out in detail.
pulse

Re: 2013 Licensing Update + other rF updates

Post by pulse »

this is stupid 8) haha joking. sounds like a solid idea to me
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

This should deffinetly make the racing more fun. Hopefully get the people OUT of 250 that are just plain horrible at either the game, or the whole idea of clean racing. Deffinetly boosts my interest in next year. So now I just need to think about 250 or 450...That is if I get a PRO license.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
twistmoto
Team: TwistMoto Racing

Post by twistmoto »

So far looks good, hopefully everything will work the way it should ;)
Sweendoggy

Post by Sweendoggy »

I guess I should say too, the reason for less than 20 Pro licenses, and the reason we probably won't have that many (30 or so) by the time SX starts up, is mostly just to be EXTRA careful, and try to set up the system where we have a real nice clean pro 450 class and we don't let people fall through the cracks early on. The goal is to still have full gates, however we just want to make as much proof that the person belongs in the class as possible before we move them. The 250 class will still however be kind of gnarly, as it will most likely have the broadest range of skills, and in all honesty, not be much different that it is now. However eventually when everything kinda settles out and people begin to fall where they should midway through the season, it should only get better and better. At least, that is the hope!
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

My plans for 2013 is to race the 450 on the West coast, 250 on the East coast, and the 450 outdoors. I hope I earn a Pro License, I feel like I've deserved it with some of the rides I've put in. This is a great idea in the big picture, Sween.
Sweendoggy

Post by Sweendoggy »

Ddavis wrote:My plans for 2013 is to race the 450 on the West coast, 250 on the East coast, and the 450 outdoors. I hope I earn a Pro License, I feel like I've deserved it with some of the rides I've put in. This is a great idea in the big picture, Sween.
Thanks Davis, that is exactly what all of this system is, the big picture. I know it won't make a huge difference at first, and I know some people will be pissed about the license they got, and I will flat out be wrong about a few of them. However, the goal is to set up a system that 1 year from now (or hopefully less) is SOLID, and really puts a system in place for people to join rF, get their feet wet in C, move up to B and so on until they really can ride Pro, rather than jump in head first and get demoralized by Tysen, and get into the way on accident while being lapped by guys 5-10 seconds a lap faster.
Bricks03
Team: Twist Moto Racing

Post by Bricks03 »

Sweendoggy wrote:
Ddavis wrote:My plans for 2013 is to race the 450 on the West coast, 250 on the East coast, and the 450 outdoors. I hope I earn a Pro License, I feel like I've deserved it with some of the rides I've put in. This is a great idea in the big picture, Sween.
Thanks Davis, that is exactly what all of this system is, the big picture. I know it won't make a huge difference at first, and I know some people will be pissed about the license they got, and I will flat out be wrong about a few of them. However, the goal is to set up a system that 1 year from now (or hopefully less) is SOLID, and really puts a system in place for people to join rF, get their feet wet in C, move up to B and so on until they really can ride Pro, rather than jump in head first and get demoralized by Tysen, and get into the way on accident while being lapped by guys 5-10 seconds a lap faster.

I also hope that RF will force a rider to move up if classified as well & not leave it up to individuals to make decisions for themselves b/c some don;t do that on both accounts of being too fast or slow. I like just hope it works :)
Mansson#475
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Mansson#475 »

So im not going to race the Winter Indoor this year, does this mean that i get an A license?
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Mansson#475 wrote:So im not going to race the Winter Indoor this year, does this mean that i get an A license?
No. Winter Indoor is the last chance to prove yourself before 2013 SX starts. Your previous results will be factored in. Also, you can petition for a Pro license and we can look at EMF also.
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

Im sure everything will run smoothly, so im not worried about that. But i will be honest and say it is going to take the fun out of this game for me, if i have to race a lites bike anytime i have the time off of work to play. Like i said i am sure things will work out, but that is a major concern of mine.
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

I like the idea but then I don't. More organizing like Sween said and not having spodes everywhere in a 450 class not moving out of the way for the leaders. But then as a keyboard player, I always looked forward to qualifying for a Main event or a national. When I first got the game, I was trying to qualify and never could make it and it kept pushing me to never give up and that made me a lot better. I started qualifying for Seattle and Salt Lake City and ALMOST made Vegas. But looking at myself now, leading the AM class at the EVS open for 4 laps was HUGE to me. I learned from my mistakes that I made while leading knowing what to do and not to do. But I know what the blue bar is at the bottom, I always have respected the leaders and the battles going on in a rF race. But I hope things will run great and I also hope for an amazing outcome.
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
BrutalMX

Post by BrutalMX »

Sweendoggy wrote:
2013 PRO Supercross nights will be on Tuesday next year (most likely MX too).
Damn, I seriously JUST registered for a 3 Hour class from 6-9 for next semester but ONLY on Tuesdays. Thought that by avoiding late classes on Thursdays I'd be fine... :evil:
Austin Mulhern | Motopixels REV
Image[/a]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/paprod]YouTube Channel

p2sta wrote:since your name is CRF450R you should not worry about kawasaki :lol:
Justin653

Post by Justin653 »

so if you make mains and qualify for nats and typically do well will this be leaning toward a pro liscense?
Justin653

Post by Justin653 »

nvm rF. robert just explained it to me thanks buddy :) lol gawd im stupid