Australian Supercross Announced

Organize races and post results here
Jay

Re: Australian Supercross Announced

Post by Jay »

Just another Idea I am currently spit balling
how does an entry fee of under $20 for the complete season for the Pro open (450) class sound
100% of the entry fees will be divided to the series 1st 2nd and 3rd for the Pro Open (450) class

Pro's
Weed out many of the people who show up to ruin an event
Incentive to show up each week
more competitive racing
bigger payout to people who win

Con's
Possibly making some fast guys who do not have access to much money ineligible to run the 450 class
---

Would love to get some feedback on this idea as I am trying to sky rocket the Prize money for the series to put it on the map.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

I don't know if it would really weed out queers. It seems like the ones that are bad enough to be perma-banned just buy new copies of the game anyways, so I bet they could afford to pay the entry fee. I probably won't be racing anyways, but just sharing my opinion. :lol:
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Can't say you'll see any Kiwi's at your event, 12:30am start time.... You'd be finishing at 3am in the morning, no go. Hell you'd be finishing around 1am for Australia.
Hi
MX181

Post by MX181 »

yer good luck James getting 'Australians' to race your 'Australian' series with a start time of 10:30 on a Saturday night when we all ride on a sunday, definetly will cancel out alot of aussies who would like to race but have real life racing commitments. have fun i sure in hell wont be there
Scotty226
Team: Crisp Graphics

Post by Scotty226 »

yeah, nah i won't be racing some rounds then cause i go to bed early saturday night cause i race sunday morning. if it started at 5:30 like you originally posted it would be much better.
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
2014 Loretta Lynns 250 Pro Sport 2nd
Jay

Post by Jay »

I am still looking at alternate time frames
and to put it in perspective for Korey,Scotty and Boblob Ideal time for Aus,NZ is going to make it an event catering for a max of 15 people, this is not an option for me given the time I put into the Tracks.

My main focus is making it attendable for as many people as possible and keeping it at a reasonable hour for Australians. Dont get me wrong I am not going to disregard Australians and run it at a time that only suits USA however I would be stupid to not consider time Zones that work for both.
Craig

Post by Craig »

2-4PM on a saturday would be great if your not working but idk your work rooster
Jay

Post by Jay »

Craig wrote:2-4PM on a saturday would be great if your not working but idk your work rooster
That would be the Ideal time however some Saturdays I finish at 5:00 however If I was to have a co host that could run it for me on the off chance I work later I would be happy to have it at that time.

Currently the best option I can see for me to host every week and to get the most people is 5:30 pm Aus EST
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Jay wrote:
Craig wrote:2-4PM on a saturday would be great if your not working but idk your work rooster
That would be the Ideal time however some Saturdays I finish at 5:00 however If I was to have a co host that could run it for me on the off chance I work later I would be happy to have it at that time.

Currently the best option I can see for me to host every week and to get the most people is 5:30 pm Aus EST
works for me
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

Jay wrote:My main focus is making it attendable for as many people as possible and keeping it at a reasonable hour for Australians. Dont get me wrong I am not going to disregard Australians and run it at a time that only suits USA however I would be stupid to not consider time Zones that work for both.
This man....He gets it. Love what you are doing here, and best of luck.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Why don't you just host a series and call it something else and do it at the time Craig suggested. I personally thought it was weird that you yourself wanted to race Sunday but were prepared to stay up till 1am. Either way good luck. I'm sure you could host it earlier if you needed, like 12pm or 1pm. Any time before 4pm seems to suit the USA.
Hi
Jay

Post by Jay »

Boblob801 wrote:Why don't you just host a series and call it something else and do it at the time Craig suggested. I personally thought it was weird that you yourself wanted to race Sunday but were prepared to stay up till 1am. Either way good luck. I'm sure you could host it earlier if you needed, like 12pm or 1pm. Any time before 4pm seems to suit the USA.
Jay wrote:
@Steven you seem to be slamming everything I suggest with negativity, Please understand I am trying to find a time that suits everyone. I also dont get why you dont want me to call it an Australian SX series ? especially when doing it at the time Craig suggested would make it a great time for Aus.... Also
Boblob801 wrote:I personally thought it was weird that you yourself wanted to race Sunday but were prepared to stay up till 1am.
Please explain what you mean by this ??

and thanks everyone else for the ideas on time so far, It is a difficult problem to solve however I think I am pretty sure I will go with 5:30pm time slot
Craig

Post by Craig »

I think 4-6 aus time would be good even if you get someone to run AM and even 250pro ill be down to help out with that
Your series do what you want really im sure people will turn up no matter of the time
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Craig wrote:
checkerz wrote:Run it when it's best for you and the Aussies IMO. The rest can deal with it.
I passed your email to the sponsor's so you can talk to them since im not on here much anymore james goodluck with it all i might race it if sim is fun by that time
I hope you're kidding. After the embarrassment I saw from the MXS community yesterday, I want nothing to do with running events. I'll still play and build some stuff for fun and even race a bit, but I was NOTHING to do with hosting any events.
Craig

Post by Craig »

checkerz wrote:
Craig wrote:
checkerz wrote:Run it when it's best for you and the Aussies IMO. The rest can deal with it.
I passed your email to the sponsor's so you can talk to them since im not on here much anymore james goodluck with it all i might race it if sim is fun by that time
I hope you're kidding. After the embarrassment I saw from the MXS community yesterday, I want nothing to do with running events. I'll still play and build some stuff for fun and even race a bit, but I was NOTHING to do with hosting any events.
Chill out Chris i ment james email, i just quoted your post because of running it aus time