2014 rF MotoOption Supercross presented by Fly Racing

Organize races and post results here
z400jt
Team: Privateer

Re: 2014 rF MotoOption Supercross presented by Fly Racing

Post by z400jt »

I have to agree with those above me. My first impression of every one of the 2014 SX tracks has been this thing feels huge. It seems a little to wide and way to spread out. I think that shrinking the overall scale would make these tracks a hundred times better. They do feel very WFO at times.

Example:
Image[/URL]
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

hondaracer48 wrote:Barrington is Prolly just as bad as awood. I bet ur some needy lookin dude, u always have something to say to anyone who complains. Not everyone is goin to praise the track so quit bein a tit an let me complain and u just sit over there with ur butt buddies and keep ur mouth shut buddy
Bud, why do you say how far our noses are up the creators' asses? Your head is about twice as far up yours...
Yamahaulin
Team: TBR

Post by Yamahaulin »

good job on the track this week, liking the new traction and you can throw some sick whips on them triples
2017 Sim Cup Champion | 2014 East Coast Supercross Champion | 2013 MEC Champion | 2013 250 MX Outdoor Champion | 2013 Grand National Champion | 2013 250 West Coast Supercross Champion
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

hondaracer48 wrote:shut buddy
Im not your buddy, guy.
hondaracer48
Crushed Dissenter

Post by hondaracer48 »

[[/quote]
Bud, why do you say how far our noses are up the creators' asses? Your head is about twice as far up yours...[/quote]
u said this exact saying to me about 3 days ago, time for a new one
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

If you guys havent noticed, every week theres a bunch of people that love the track and a bunch that dont. Some that like the whoops and some that dont. At some point you guys are going to have to come to the realization that not everyone will be pleased... and you might just fall into that group of not being pleased from time to time.
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

barrington314 wrote:and you might just fall into that group of not being pleased from time to time.
But you don't understand. This is MXS, everyone has to be happy 100% of the time! If you don't make someone happy, you're automatically an idiot. And you may or may not be one of the following things: fat, ugly, skinny, a virgin, slow in real life, or a tryhard.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

z400jt wrote:I have to agree with those above me. My first impression of every one of the 2014 SX tracks has been this thing feels huge. It seems a little to wide and way to spread out. I think that shrinking the overall scale would make these tracks a hundred times better. They do feel very WFO at times.

Example:
[img]imgs[/img][/URL]
The 2014 tracks are exactly the same width as the 2012 tracks at about 30 feet, which is realistic. Its the length and height scale that are off.

Just to compare (and not really saying 2012 is 100x better, but just to show some numbers), here are the differences between 2014 Oakland and 2012 Oakland:
- The triple faces are 24% taller (9.34ft vs 7.5ft) than previous years.
- The whoops are 21% more spaced apart (18.66ft vs 15.36ft). (Just for more comparison, A2 's gnarly whoops were 55% taller crest to trough (2.86ft vs 1.85ft) than 2012 Oakland.)

Again, it's my opinion that the Supercross tracks should be very realistic, both in scale and feel. I know it's pretty difficult to achieve both at once, but I feel like JLV did a great job at getting real close. I personally think it would be awesome to see the tracks made at a scale (height and length) as Redwood or Kawasaki Test track.

Are Pro 450 riders ever really WFO at all on a supercross track, other than the flat straights? I haven't been to a SX in real life, but from helmet cam videos i see they are mostly 50-75% throttle.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

bdownen323 wrote: And you may or may not be one of the following things: fat, ugly, skinny, a virgin, slow in real life, or a tryhard.
You forgot:
hondaracer48 wrote:as bad as awood. some needy lookin dude
Nikhil

Post by Nikhil »

m121c wrote:
Nikhil wrote:I'm not sure who's been making the 2014 tracks, but I'm just not a fan. They remind me of supercross tracks from MVA Reflex, where everything is oversized and WFO. The whole point of this game is to be a simulation, and this year's tracks are nothing of the sort. No offense to whoever's creating them, it's great that you're putting in the time for everyone, but these tracks kind of defeat the purpose of the game and why so many people play it.
If they made it as real as possible with 1:1 scale there would be even more people bitching about it. Have you not seen how gnarly sx is irl? It is crazy big. I feel these tracks are as close as they can get and still be fun, there are realer than jlvs (no offense to all the fan boys or jlv himself) tracks in my opinion.

Just like outdoors. Everyone screams realism until Hagg gave everyone realism and then everyone freaked out and hated it because it was too difficult. In result we got more water down tracks, just like they are having to do for the whoops. It's all apart of finding that fine line between realism and fun.
No, actually it's not. Have you been to a SX in real life? Or even just watched the GoPros? 450s blip the throttle, they don't have to hit a triple 3rd gear WFO.

And yes, I've said in the past that I'd prefer to see 1:1 scale, but I understand the compromise of 1.25 to one. These 2014 tracks seem more like 1.75:1, which is way closer to arcade than sim.
Nikhil

Post by Nikhil »

z400jt wrote:I have to agree with those above me. My first impression of every one of the 2014 SX tracks has been this thing feels huge. It seems a little to wide and way to spread out. I think that shrinking the overall scale would make these tracks a hundred times better. They do feel very WFO at times.

Example:
Image[/URL]
This illustrates the problem perfectly.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

ShackAttack12 wrote: (Just for more comparison, A2 's gnarly whoops were 55% taller crest to trough (2.86ft vs 1.85ft) than 2012 Oakland.)
I have read somewhere (just tried to find it again but failed :oops: ) that SX whoops are about 2.5 - 3ft tall.
Maybe they could have rode different, but I dont think the height is exactly a problem.
I do also agree with you, for the most part, on everything else you said. What I dont agree with, and I could be mistaken, is it sounds like you would want 1:1. I think they might be super cool to ride at that scale, but racing would be bad. Of course thats just my opinion because I dont think it has actually ever been tried on a replica track. ?
Evolution_MxDk113
Team: Imma privateer

Post by Evolution_MxDk113 »

i feel like the only reason the tracks have been made with much bigger jumps is because the pros irl have something to loose and aren't as crazy as someone in mxs
so people irl would be doing 2,3,3 and then people in mxs on a similiar scale track would be doing 3,5 (abit of an exaggeration), thats why the tracks have been made more wfo so people cant do the insane lines like we used to and its more realistic lines, besides the whoops their insane, compared to the bike in mxs their up to about the radiator covers, and irl their up to about the top of the rims,
i think the tracks would be quite alot better if you dont make any a2 whoops again PERIOD.
GustavoMX930'
Team: 2 good 4 a team

Post by GustavoMX930' »

Nikhil wrote:
m121c wrote:
Nikhil wrote:I'm not sure who's been making the 2014 tracks, but I'm just not a fan. They remind me of supercross tracks from MVA Reflex, where everything is oversized and WFO. The whole point of this game is to be a simulation, and this year's tracks are nothing of the sort. No offense to whoever's creating them, it's great that you're putting in the time for everyone, but these tracks kind of defeat the purpose of the game and why so many people play it.
If they made it as real as possible with 1:1 scale there would be even more people bitching about it. Have you not seen how gnarly sx is irl? It is crazy big. I feel these tracks are as close as they can get and still be fun, there are realer than jlvs (no offense to all the fan boys or jlv himself) tracks in my opinion.

Just like outdoors. Everyone screams realism until Hagg gave everyone realism and then everyone freaked out and hated it because it was too difficult. In result we got more water down tracks, just like they are having to do for the whoops. It's all apart of finding that fine line between realism and fun.
No, actually it's not. Have you been to a SX in real life? Or even just watched the GoPros? 450s blip the throttle, they don't have to hit a triple 3rd gear WFO.

And yes, I've said in the past that I'd prefer to see 1:1 scale, but I understand the compromise of 1.25 to one. These 2014 tracks seem more like 1.75:1, which is way closer to arcade than sim.
have you ever played on a 1:1 track? its not even fun, trust me...
jlv wrote:
Rush wrote:Why was UID 12235 not banned as well? he was doing the same thing.
Because he didn't come in here and confess like an idiot.
Burkeen820

Post by Burkeen820 »

Why can't all you whiners out there just shut up and have some fun, if not I'm sure Mx vs ATV supercross will be calling your name
Me: "Hoffman your line choice sucks..."
Hoffman: "Bro, you act like my lines are choices!"

The truth about awood http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... agic+awood