No love for the Am's from RF

Organize races and post results here
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Re: No love for the Am's from RF

Post by Ohagan75 »

Creiz89 wrote:Sounds pretty sick with ARS if you ask me. Makes me wish I was riding am
Anyone can race the ARS. They will be rinning all the time, not just once a week. They might start an event every 2 hours or so, and it will be open to anyone, not just non-pros.
Donate if you like My Creations
reu53d
Team: Penis pilots

Post by reu53d »

[quote="Atom6246"]Theres going to be sand baggers for the Automatic system, there purposely going to get a slower lap so they can win.[/q

thats just complaining for the sake of complaining, itll go off skill level not lap times, and you know the only way to get better is by facing a better opponent, so bring on the sand baggers!!
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

Atom6246 wrote:Theres going to be sand baggers for the Automatic system, there purposely going to get a slower lap so they can win.
"RF Rating" will probably be based off og your last RACE results, not qualifying. So the only way to sandbag is to get last in the race, which isnt sandbagging.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

Bunch of whiners. Just be glad rF is even doing anything for us.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Here's what I have heard....

Races will be split by "rF rating." Obviously the first few weeks you'll probably end up racing people at random since everyone will start with the same rating. As time passes the splits will work as designed and you'll be racing against people of like skill. In order for a rider to sandbag their rating they would have to consistently finish poorly in these races. Which can be done, but it's really not to their advantage, eventually they will start trying and winning and end up in a higher split.

10 races a day Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. 5 at Euro times, 5 at American times. I think they're doing one of each class, and then open. So starting at say 5PM whatever time there are 125 races, then at 6PM there are 250f races, then 250 2t races, then 450 races, and last a set of open class races. I would assume you can ride the smaller bikes if you'd like in the bigger bike classes too.

I don't see how 30 races a week is a downgrade from once a week like last year. Can anyone explain that rationale to me?
stefan115
Team: Privateer

Post by stefan115 »

Because people don't know how to read and this community is full of people who overreacted. The creating of this thread is a nice example
Tactical B4ndit
Team: Pogo Mx

Post by Tactical B4ndit »

so would there be points for a championship? if so how would that work?
don't get me wrong i like this idea but just wanna know exactly how it works.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Yes points could be awarded. I'm not sure what's planned there, I can only tell you how I would do it.

Say 120 people sign up for the open class on Tuesday night. That makes 3 races of 40 people. So each of these three races will run a Heat race, an LCQ and a main event. Here's where things get fuzzy. Do you only award points to the main event participants, or to everyone who raced? It's easy enough to figure out where people that didn't make the main finished. I would award points all the way back. This way you still earn points for being there and trying. Then to differentiate between the top and bottom split you can take the average rF rating of each race and multiple their points awarded by that. So say the top split had an average rating of 1800, and the bottom split an average rating of 600. So the guys who are in the top split are awarded more points for their efforts.

So let's say I went with a 40 through 1 points system, 40 to win, 1 for last in the LCQ. They racer who wins the top split is awarded 40x18 or 720 points. The racer who wins the lowest split gets 40x6 or 240 points.
BUT THAT'S NOT FAIR THE BOTTOM SPLIT GUYS WILL NEVER WIN THE POINTS!
That's where the divisions come in. Lets say over the first 2 weeks of the season a total of 200 people participate and I decided to split the points up into 5 divisions. I would organize all the racers from highest to lowest rF rating, the top 40 are division 1, 41-80 are div 2, 81-120 div 3..... That way you are scored in a division against riders of like skill, and overall to see where you really stack up. The divisions are locked after they are set so you won't jump divisions from week to week. The first two weeks are used to measure participation. Anyone who joins after the divisions are set will be placed in the division where their rF rating fits in.
BUT WHAT ABOUT IF THE GUY IM BATTLING IN POINTS GETS INTO THE MIDDLE SPLIT AND I'M STILL IN THE BOTTOM SPLIT, HE'LL HAVE A BIGGER MULTIPLIER AND SCORE MORE POINTS THAN ME!
Actually even though he'll have a bigger multiplier, he'll also have stiffer competition and will likely score less points to have multiplied. It all evens out! :D And now that I think about it, that's why it is important to have all 40 riders score points.
GKSracing104
Team: GeforceMX

Post by GKSracing104 »

bdownen323 wrote:From hosting Loretta's I will tell you that I had less than 10 am riders thank me for hosting the event. Most of the rest just bitched.
Just because some didn't say thanks doesn't mean they were ungrateful? every game will have those that bitch and complain but you can't just base how you do things on how people act because SOME of the people in that group are ungrateful bastards, you have to find that happy medium or balance rather that makes everyone happy rather than just dropping AM night all together because nobody wants to host it!
Andy_Hack wrote:I'm honestly not really impressed.
GKSracing104

Post by GKSracing104 »

AWood wrote:I'd rather fail to qualify for pro than win am
+100,000,000,000,000,001
GKSracing104

Post by GKSracing104 »

Phathry25 wrote:It's just a lack of knowledge. Once they learn what the automated racing is, how it works, and how often the races will be they'll be happier than before.
hopefully this is the case
GKSracing104

Post by GKSracing104 »

YogiBear wrote:As an Am rider I'm sort of ashamed that you are trying to be the voice of all the Am's in MXS. Am races are either a complete hell or... nah just complete hell all the time. You have the guys who should have been pro lapping at the first couple of laps, the squids going god knows how slow and are just another obstacle and ruins the racing, and of course the people with no common sense who just go full retard every race they ride.

So yeah no bitching from me, and I fully trust/support the rF guys for even putting their effort into this. You gotta remember these are guys using their free time and hard earned money to give you a opportunity to race in this game. If you really truly want to bitch and moan about the Am's being gone and want it to return, then you should have spent your money on servers, websites and prizes. Then you could have taken all the time you spend on bitching + countless more hours on getting sponsors, creating a series, tracks, and god knows how many fancy ass systems these guys have created. Then instead of racing the series you have created you can start your stream when the races are and comment the hell on earth races, as well as supervising the race.

Be happy with what you got the ARS seems cool, and when you actually qualify for a race, well imagine the satisfaction you get of actually racing a pro race with the best people in this game. Instead of lying on the ground yelling out curse words because of some retarded idiot that took you out from a good position, as well as throwing your controller in some god known location.

So stop being the voice of the Am's, 'cause I sure as hell didnt vote for you.

Anyways looking forward to try out this new ARS and hopefully qualify to a pro race, cant wait for the SX to start up again.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

So lets get something straight. I cant even try to qualify for 450, but I can try to qualify for 250? I [quote="GKSracing104"][quote="AWood"]I'd rather fail to qualify for pro than win am
Gotcha there Awood
Bruce422
Team: Sina Clothing

Post by Bruce422 »

GKSracing104 wrote:
YogiBear wrote:As an Am rider I'm sort of ashamed that you are trying to be the voice of all the Am's in MXS. Am races are either a complete hell or... nah just complete hell all the time. You have the guys who should have been pro lapping at the first couple of laps, the squids going god knows how slow and are just another obstacle and ruins the racing, and of course the people with no common sense who just go full retard every race they ride.

So yeah no bitching from me, and I fully trust/support the rF guys for even putting their effort into this. You gotta remember these are guys using their free time and hard earned money to give you a opportunity to race in this game. If you really truly want to bitch and moan about the Am's being gone and want it to return, then you should have spent your money on servers, websites and prizes. Then you could have taken all the time you spend on bitching + countless more hours on getting sponsors, creating a series, tracks, and god knows how many fancy ass systems these guys have created. Then instead of racing the series you have created you can start your stream when the races are and comment the hell on earth races, as well as supervising the race.

Be happy with what you got the ARS seems cool, and when you actually qualify for a race, well imagine the satisfaction you get of actually racing a pro race with the best people in this game. Instead of lying on the ground yelling out curse words because of some retarded idiot that took you out from a good position, as well as throwing your controller in some god known location.

So stop being the voice of the Am's, 'cause I sure as hell didnt vote for you.

Anyways looking forward to try out this new ARS and hopefully qualify to a pro race, cant wait for the SX to start up again.
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

Atom6246 wrote:So lets get something straight. I cant even try to qualify for 450, but I can try to qualify for 250?
You need to stay in school bud or change your attitude. Because you can not read or you are just being and ungrateful whiner. There will be at least two classes, ex. 125/250f class and 250t/450 or what we call the open class.
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!