2015 rF "Wishlist" Poll

Organize races and post results here

Pick One (no changing votes)

Return of teams (no real life sponsors)
10%
Return of licenses
8%
Removal of license restrictions (free for all)
5%
Return of Automatic Racing Series
4%
More structured "skill ladder"
12%
Weekly rF Podcast (to talk racing, give rF info, protest results, etc)
2%
Custom SX/MX Series
8%
Return of other OG rF events (SXO, LRS, 1-off Enduro/supermoto/etc)
27%
Live Streaming
13%
More "Non-Racing" Contests (Video/Track/Skin/Etc)
5%
Prizes
5%

Total votes: 217

Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

2015 rF "Wishlist" Poll

Post by Sweendoggy »

Pick the one thing you'd like to see most in 2015 rF...Winner won't necessarily be something we do, but I'd like to take a pulse of what is most important to the population. (You can't change your vote)
tacomcdolphin
Team: Privateer

Re: 2015 rF "Wishlist" Poll

Post by tacomcdolphin »

only picking 1 is hard
mxmadman374
Team: Privateer

Post by mxmadman374 »

I picked removal of licenses since there is only one class that requires a license (450 pro) and it currently does not get full gates, so if anyone fastest enough to qualify can race I think it will help our premier class.

Wish I could have selected more than one though since I definitely think there are good ideas up there and what I picked wouldn't require much work.

Oh, and thanks for asking ;)
jeremy103
Team: MCD Honda

Post by jeremy103 »

tacomcdolphin wrote:only picking 1 is hard
I like alot of them :roll: :roll: :roll:
InsaneFMX
Team: Flipin 150ft triples

Post by InsaneFMX »

Going through the list, this what I thought:

1.Teams really don't matter when showing it in a race
2.I do like the concept of licensing as long as there are events for each license
3.Free for all no licensing isn't going to help the racing due to try hard top c class guys making the races and messing up with his inconsistancy when a bottom A rider whose laps are slower but more consistent could have top 10'd
4.ARS is cool and if it could manage to stay around with less bugs than it had then it would be a great way to race in your spare time
5.Didn't really understand that whle skill ladder thing
6.Podcasts are a fun idea but I feel it would go the way of your livestreams, there for a few weeks then flop away
7.Custom series and OG series are what I'd love to see
8.If you can get your live streams consistant then keep them but it's not that important
9.Prizes and non racing things are unimportant to me because I suck at everything

But that's my opinion
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

How can you put prizes on there if I'm still waiting on 2013 SX prizes?
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
Creiz89
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by Creiz89 »

InsaneFMX wrote:9.Prizes and non racing things are unimportant to me because I suck at everything
This ^^ :D

And OG and Custom series is whats more important! I loved the recent FAM series
JNR Motorsports
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

I love having the licenses but I dont think there are enough people for it to really matter. There needs to be more competition in the 450s but yet I dont think it should be a "free for all". So I think a better skill progression ladder is in order if licenses stick around. Which will be something cool for AMs and newbs because they will have goals to aim for. Road to supercross and amateur national points series that allow you to move up, for example. X amount of points allows you a 250sx license or mx250/450. Then so many points in 250sx allows you a 450sx license. Also need to "Point" people out in 250sx.
Railin' N Trailin'
Team: Nigerian Corndog

Post by Railin' N Trailin' »

Can someone tell me what "OG" means/stands for? I'm a dumbass
http://www.youtube.com/user/EBG4MING
Timo Van Dyk wrote:You dont need to thanks me thanks the internet!
jlv wrote:I shit you not!
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Railin' N Trailin' wrote:Can someone tell me what "OG" means/stands for? I'm a dumbass
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+does+OG+mean%3F
Yung Kryp
Team: www.C4Designs.co

Post by Yung Kryp »

barrington314 wrote:
Railin' N Trailin' wrote:Can someone tell me what "OG" means/stands for? I'm a dumbass
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+does+OG+mean%3F
2015 FAMmx Racetech Spring SX Series 250 Pro Champion
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

Technically it means "Original Gangster" but in most context like this it just refers to the beginning or events that happened in MxSim's (or specifically Racefactory's) early days.
Flower Power - Am I an OG yet? :lol:
nascarnate
Team: www.simraces.com

Post by nascarnate »

There's some good wishes in there, but I feel like a better skill structure needs to be implemented to keep professional events for MX Simulator. Anybody can host a free for all race, but organizing a professional series takes work. To make a professional events better, I think getting actual people to sponsor teams is a good idea, but needs constant updating. Licenses is a good idea, but I think there needs to be more logic behind it like top 5 in points move up a class or can. The automatic racing series was pretty awesome. Automatic races are nice to practice for a professional event, and would be the free for all events I suppose. A podcast for all the rF supporters and racers would keep the community more active. People love updates on what is happening and are always looking for an inside scoop. The local series was pretty fun and showed that organizing custom series is definitely a plus. Custom series could mainly be for amateurs to show how fast they are. I'm not too sure of OG events. Along with professional events, there always needs to be media. Live broadcasts show other enthusiasts what is happening. Some people actually enjoy sitting back watching some sort of race. Not only has streaming advertised rF, but it also introduced more people to MX Simulator. From streaming, I've had some awesome fans that enjoy watching an rF race. More non-racing contests are good. This would promote rF more and people can kind of fight for a series introduction, series tracks, or series banners. Prizes are always a plus and classy 8) .

That's my opinion on future rF wishes.
pulse

Post by pulse »

Sweendoggy wrote:but I'd like to take a pulse on a date
awww id be glad too! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

nascarnate wrote:There's some good wishes in there, but I feel like a better skill structure needs to be implemented to keep professional events for MX Simulator. Anybody can host a free for all race, but organizing a professional series takes work. To make a professional events better, I think getting actual people to sponsor teams is a good idea, but needs constant updating. Licenses is a good idea, but I think there needs to be more logic behind it like top 5 in points move up a class or can. The automatic racing series was pretty awesome. Automatic races are nice to practice for a professional event, and would be the free for all events I suppose. A podcast for all the rF supporters and racers would keep the community more active. People love updates on what is happening and are always looking for an inside scoop. The local series was pretty fun and showed that organizing custom series is definitely a plus. Custom series could mainly be for amateurs to show how fast they are. I'm not too sure of OG events. Along with professional events, there always needs to be media. Live broadcasts show other enthusiasts what is happening. Some people actually enjoy sitting back watching some sort of race. Not only has streaming advertised rF, but it also introduced more people to MX Simulator. From streaming, I've had some awesome fans that enjoy watching an rF race. More non-racing contests are good. This would promote rF more and people can kind of fight for a series introduction, series tracks, or series banners. Prizes are always a plus and classy 8) .

That's my opinion on future rF wishes.
This is exactly what I was thinking, I really don't believe it is the OG events that need to comeback because people in the community do a fine job of creating little series's here and there and what not. But it seems it's many of the OG mxsim players who are the "hotshots" of this game (you know who I'm talking about) who put a bad image of many of the fun events. "That series is a joke", or "it's just a goon-fest" are the worst phrases you here when talking about series like MLO or FT Arenacross. Those people stepped up to fill the "OG event" gaps that RF left due to them being busy and focusing on the premier series (as they should) But people couldn't accept that an arena cross series was being run by someone else other than RF. So no RF, don't take your time to create more mini series. Let people host themselves and try to make better non RF events. The community needs that side of organized racing and this year with out you hosting races other than SX and MX except for the fammx one was a good start for nice people like Sammy Holt to step up and create their own Arenacross, what we need now is some top players who are willing to support something like that and not bag it.

Also adding onto that, letting a guy like Blake Shiman who did a great job with the Fammx fall series run a series like the recent one through RF is also a great option. By seeing people who step up in the community to run little events and have them work with you is great because by stamping Racefactory on their series it allows people who think any non RF race is a goon fest to race it.
Flower Power - Am I an OG yet? :lol: