Problem with online chat

Organize races and post results here
Shadow
Team: FSK

Problem with online chat

Post by Shadow »

For some reason all my messages come literally with a 5 minute or so delay. No idea what might cause it. One day it was working fine and the next thing I know is that I can't see my messages and they appeared after a few minutes. Shouldn't be because of my internet connection, it's 100Mbit and the game doesn't lag at all.

Also, out of curiosity, as I was just racing online. I rode a few laps with no one around and when knappes21 connected I requested a restart. After the restart there was a global message that said something like "Type server, kick 10 to kick number 7 with yz125". What was that for?
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Problem with online chat

Post by jlv »

Packet loss could delay it a few seconds, but five minutes would mean you are getting almost nothing.

The kick message happens when someone cuts the track too much.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Allright, thanks jlv. That explains the kick message then. I was cutting the track a bit since no one else was riding and I couldn't bother to ride properly :mrgreen:
Guess I'll just have to live with no chatting in multiplayer unless it/my connection corrects itself. Kinda odd though that riding is at the same time completely smooth, no lag at all. Is that possible/common?
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If you're getting a lot of downstream packet loss the other riders will look very skippy. If you're only getting upstream packet loss, everything will look fine to you but you will look skippy to the other riders.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.