CLICK HERE FOR FINAL RESULTS
Track Links and Password
HIGH RES: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9c1ufwave6lap ... h.rar?dl=0
LOW RES: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3b60t13eqbp4e ... w.rar?dl=0
After Checkerz branded his event as the Red Bull Straight Rhythm replica, I decided to follow the trend and brand mine as the 2015 Monster Energy Cup! This race will be run a week after Straight Rhythm to get your bank account settled up, then you will be back into full tryhard mode! Sammy from MXSLobby.com has agreed to help out with some logistics of this event, and I am excited to get this thing rolling!
Event and Track Information
- Timed qualifying is tentatively set to begin Monday, November 2nd, 2015 at 8:00PM Eastern Time (one hour before rF time), with racing to follow immediately.
- The 2015 Monster Energy Cup track will be released (password protected) Two hours before the scheduled beginning of practice, and the password will be released 15 minutes prior to the beginning of practice.
- Motoagogo will be providing live coverage of the entire 2015 Monster Energy Cup, beginning with qualifying and running through the last main event!
Please post all skins for the 2015 Monster Energy Cup in THIS THREAD. Motoagogo can then download skins from that thread so you can be seen on the stream. Just using off season skins? Great, but please still post them in that thread.
- Open Cup Class
- To race this class, you must be someone who holds an rF pro license and has scored at least one rF pro point in your career.
- 250 All-Star Class
- This class will be open to anybody who has not podiumed two or more rF 450 races (SX main or outdoor overall), won 3 or more 250 races (MX overall or SX main) in one series during the 2014 or 2015 season, or who is currently holding an rF career number (this includes anyone who just earned one).
- THIS IS A PAY-TO-RACE EVENT! Payments must be made in order to sign up. You ARE NOT paying for the track. You are just paying to race.
- The 250 All-Star Class will be a $5 USD entry fee. The top 5 in this class will receive a refund for their entry fee, and the rest of the money will go to the race organizers.
- The Open Cup Class will be a $10 USD entry fee, and will have 100% payback to the riders. No money from this class will go towards the hosts of the event. EVERYBODY who qualifies for the 22-man main event in this class will get paid!
- ALL MONEY MUST BE SENT HERE IN ORDER TO SIGN UP. Once you send your money, please send me a PM on the forum with the subject "2015 MEC Signup: *Your Name*." Include your name, UID, race number, class, and PayPal email address. Upon receipt of your PM, I will match your signup to your payment (I'm studying accounting, I got this) and manually add you to the signup list. You will receive a PM when your signup is added.
- Signups will close Monday, November 2, 2015 at 2:00PM Central US Time. Signups will no longer be accepted after that time. Payment must be made before entering for the race.
If you and a friend plan to sign up as a group, please note that I am not allowing group discounts. However, if you plan to sign up for yourself and a friend (i.e. two Open Cup racers send in $20 to sign up both of them), all applicable prize money will go to the PayPal email used in the donation. You can divvy it up from there if you'd like.
Please Note: Failure to abide by these rules (depending on severity of infractions) will result in penalties ranging from docking positions to docking laps to disqualification and immediate removal from the event. All money paid will be forfeited in the case of a disqualification.
- No course cutting! If you deliberately cut the course and it is seen by a moderator or streamer, event organizers will be notified.
- Open Cup Class riders MUST USE THE JOKER LANE ONLY ONE TIME PER MAIN EVENT. Failure to do so will result in a five position penalty.
- Lapped riders must do whatever they can to avoid interfering with the race for the lead. Lappers with a blue bar of under 1.0 seconds are strongly encouraged to move, as crashes resulting from negligence of a lapper will result in penalties to the lapped rider.
- Dirty racing will NOT be tolerated! I know things happen, but this event is meant to bring the best riders in the game together for great racing. I will be saving demos for each race, and may review races immediately following completion if needed.
- Formal protests must be made via PM (use "2015 MEC Protest: *Rider Name*" as your subject line) before 11:59PM Central Time on November 3, 2015. I may not review protests immediately (I have an exam on the 4th at 9AM), but I will do my best to review protests quickly.
- Prizes will not be distributed until protests have been completed.
- Use common sense. I may not have outlined something here, but if you think about doing something and think "Somebody might ban me for this," I suggest you don't do it.
- If you have a question about something that may be a good rule, please ask it here! If it is relevant enough, I will post it in this thread as a rule.
- The Open Cup Class and 250 All-Stars Class will run TWO TIMED SESSIONS OF QUALIFYING. The Open Cup Class will qualify in the night's racing server (tentatively official.mxslobby.com:19800) and the 250 All-Star Class will qualify in a separate moderated server.
- Qualifying sessions for the 250 All-Star and Open Cup Class will be on a separate 2015 Monster Energy Cup "Qualifying" track.
- Any riders intentionally interfering with the qualifying of another rider will be docked their fastest lap, or in the case of a severe infraction (i.e. WFO punting someone while during qualifying), disqualified from the event, and all money paid will be forefeited.
- Timed qualifying sessions for the 250 All-Star and Open Cup Class will be generated via script. Each class will likely have three qualifying groups (A, B, and C) which will each run two 8-minute sessions. Additional sessions or servers may be required in the case of high attendance. Each server will have a maximum of three (3) sessions on the qualifying track that will allow 25 riders on the track at once.
- The top 18 riders from each class will qualify directly into the main events. The remaining positions will be decided by an LCQ.
2015 Monster Energy Cup Event Schedule
*NOTE: ALL TIMES POSTED ARE IN EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
- 7:45PM: Track password is released and servers begin to open.
- 8:00PM: Qualifying begins. Scripts will be pre-loaded into the servers, so please be ready in your server for qualifying to start.
- 9:00PM (or 5 minutes after after the final timed qualifying session, whichever comes second): UID's grabbed for racing and opening ceremonies begin at http://twitch.com/motoagogo while I build race scripts.
- Open Cup Class Last Chance Qualifier (6 laps, 22 riders, top 4 transfer to main events)
- 250 All-Star Class LCQ (5 laps, 22 riders, top 4 transfer to main events
- Open Cup Class Main Event #1 (10 laps, 22 riders)
- 250 All-Star Class Main Event #1 (6 laps, 22 riders)
- Open Cup Class Main Event #2 (10 laps, 22 riders)
- 250 All-Star Class Main Event #2 (6 laps, 22 riders)
- Open Cup Class Main Event #3 (10 laps, 22 riders)
Want to donate to a special prize such as a holeshot award that you don't see here? PM me and let's talk!
- The Open Cup Class will feature a 100% payback! Every dollar of entry fees for this class will be paid back to the riders, along with a potential 10% bonus to anyone who can sweep all three main events! Payout is based on the AMA Supercross payout scale by percentage.
- The 250 All-Star Class will feature entry fee refunds to the top 5 finishers in each class.
Special prizes donated by Bryan Haskell (ShackAttack12)
- $50 for any 2 stroke that wins the overall in the pro class. The person must ride a 2 stroke in all 3 races.
- 5$ per race in the pro class to any 2 stroke that can pull a holeshot.
- 5$ to any 2 stroke who who qualifies in the top 5 in the pro class.
- $5 bonus to anyone who wins a race on a 450 in the pro class other then the following; 2011/2013 RMZ450, 2011/2013 KTM450, 2011 CR450F.
- $5 bonus to anyone who wins any race in the pro class on a 2 stroke.
DISCLAIMER AND COMMUNITY REQUEST
Disclaimer: This race is NOT meant to be a predecessor for future paid racing! Free racing is what drives this community. I plan to host free races in the future, and this is a one-off deal. Also, YOU ARE NOT PAYING FOR THE TRACK WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR THIS RACE. You are paying for the racing experience. The track will be released for free without a password as soon as this event concludes.
I respectfully request that nobody in the MXS community run an event on this track without consent from me until after December 3rd, 2015.
Feel free to discuss below! I hope to make this the coolest event it can possibly be.