Replica Racing Championship

Organize races and post results here
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Replica Racing Championship

Post by checkerz »

Hey guys,

Another off the wall idea I've had for a mini series to bring a cool look to MXS racing. It's a replica series, like never done before... not replica tracks (well maybe we'll do some of that too eventually) but replica riders/gear! Imagine, a full starting line looking like an AMA Supercross start. Pretty sick right?

I've got a handful of great guys already on board with the project to make things happen, but it's a lot of content and is really going to need the community's support. How? Well read on!

The Basics
- Who will be allowed to race? EVERYONE is invited in the MXS community to participate FREE OF CHARGE
- How will Sim riders Pick Pro riders? They won't, Pro riders will be assigned to players (top MXS riders to top Pro riders)
a. How will they be assigned? More info to come, but I have that part handled
b. What if I don't want to race as who I'm assigned to? Then this isn't the event for you. You'll be REQUIRED to race as your assigned rider or you'll get booted.
b part 2. Oh, did I mention I'm putting up a CASH PURSE to encourage you to participate and follow the rules?
c. I only see 26 riders on the list, what about the guys who don't get assigned a rider? You will get to submit your skins just like any other major event in a skins thread and ride as yourself or as your favorite privateer rider. You will be required to post your setup prior to the event though for download. If your skins aren't working, you won't be racing. The whole point of this project is to create an amazing looking race.
- This sounds badass, how can I help?
a. If you've created models or skins that fit the needs in the image below (the red blanks), please reply here with a link and description. We'll eventually need un-saf'd files to be put into a pack. Editing of those files by you or someone else may be requested. Please post if you'd be willing to allow this or provide this.
b. If you are a skinner/modeler and want to help, please also post here with what you're interested in providing. PLEASE DO NOT BEGIN WORKING ON SOMETHING just yet, as we don't want the same people working on multiple items. We'll contact you directly and request help based on your post.
- How will the content release be handled? Most likely in 5 or so mini-packs based on teams, scram files to protect the creators work. We will work with each creator to ensure their work is protected throughout the process.

The Racing...and when?
- When will this race happen? I would love to host it prior to the start of the SX season, but with the amount of work to do, most realistically it'll run alongside the rF SX series in January.
- Will it be just one race? Heck no! Too much work to put this all together for just a single event. I'll be making a mini series initially and have some ideas to grow this even further if all goes together smoothly.

(The riders below are selected off of 2016 SX points and modified based on teams/bikes to try and avoid creating a ton of one off setups. There is some guessing as to which bikes/gear some riders will end up in based off what we know in silly season, so the list will likely get an update. In the event that a skin/model doesn't exist, we will assign a replacement or omit a rider from the list.)
JS19
Crushed Dissenter

Re: Replica Racing Championship

Post by JS19 »

sounds sick hopefully i get picked for a rider :D
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

I WILL LITERALLY SUCK A DICK TO BE JOSH GRANT. and i think we're about same speed on finishes and shit so i think id be a good fit.

but i want in for sure.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
AWood

Post by AWood »

Also what about people riding for new teams this year? is it based off 2015? or 2016.

i see tomac on KX, so Partridge now having a ride, grant now on suzukis, yeah
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I'll be Vince Freise :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Jokes aside, I should be Broc Tickle. :lol:
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Ddavis wrote:I'll be Vince Freise :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Friese*

Glad you guys are excited, riders will be assigned based on some sort of qualification (to be determined/announced later) to make sure there is no favoritism played.
MotoX745

Post by MotoX745 »

i'm excited about this, not sure if i will be selected for a rider but nonetheless its an awesome idea and i would love to be a part of it.
Attempted Photographer < I try.... Shitty racer, Only good at screenshots, forever pretending to be quick at MXS.
AWood

Post by AWood »

still suckin a dick tho
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

AWood wrote:Also what about people riding for new teams this year? is it based off 2015? or 2016.

i see tomac on KX, so Partridge now having a ride, grant now on suzukis, yeah
There is some guessing as to which bikes/gear some riders will end up in based off what we know in silly season, so the list will likely get an update.
It'll be off 16. We should know a lot more in a couple of weeks and end of December would be the absolute soonest this will go off.
chandlershred
Team: Phil's

Post by chandlershred »

Chex you pulled through again with another amazing idea...this would be so sick. Hopefully I could be a part of it!!
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Not to take anything away from Chris specifically, but there's been talk of a replica series being put into affect as long as I've been playing the game from numerous people.

With that being said, thank you Chris for putting in the time and effort to make it all possible, because a lot of people talk about it without putting in any actions, so thanks man! This should be sick.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Question for discussion...

Would you rather see the bikes all go on their matching dyno (KX450 on the Kawi 450 for the game) or the most common dyno used in the game (the RMZ450)?

Putting on matching dyno would be more "real" but also could put some at a competitive disadvantage. All on the same dyno atleast puts everyone on an equal playing field.

Also, most likely we'll run a support class (or classes) with this but in a more standard format to start. Once all the 450s are gathered/packed and we work out any bugs, we'll look at developing a 250f set of guys too I assume.
WellsMX524
Team: Aspect Visual Co.

Post by WellsMX524 »

Sounds like a really awesome idea, Checkerz.

Question: what about 250 riders? Could there potentially be something done with that? I'd be more than willing to help out.
AWood

Post by AWood »

id go for rm450 13 and yz250f 09