2016 rF Pro MotoOption and Am FAMmx Supercross Series

Organize races and post results here
T_Frye127
Team: Volcom

Re: 2016 rF Pro MotoOption and Am FAMmx Supercross Series

Post by T_Frye127 »

gotta love when the gate drops for the 450 LCQ, get halfway down the start then restarts straight to the 450 main and picks random ppl from the lcq lol
quick449
Team: Aspect

Post by quick449 »

we need someone to be in there and watch the ams for the scripts mistakes, the scripts arent perfect yet and its screwing over people trying to race. nice skipping the lcq and letting 4 random people get in.
shanebell
Team: Privateer

Post by shanebell »

I never complain about anything, but can we please do something about this no LCQ business?
jlv wrote:I apologize for ruining all future MX games for you guys.
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

thANK god this week is done this track is too easy
and quinton deese is a sandbagger, like hands down he runs 50s laps and is just a kid who wins nothing imo like literally sack up and race pros
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
crashreallyfast
Team: TwistMoto

Post by crashreallyfast »

T_Frye127 wrote:gotta love when the gate drops for the 450 LCQ, get halfway down the start then restarts straight to the 450 main and picks random ppl from the lcq lol
it picked top 4, So if you placed 5th or 6th in the semi you got in. that's why i got in the main. However i do agree it is bull shit.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

crashreallyfast wrote:
T_Frye127 wrote:gotta love when the gate drops for the 450 LCQ, get halfway down the start then restarts straight to the 450 main and picks random ppl from the lcq lol
it picked top 4, So if you placed 5th or 6th in the semi you got in. that's why i got in the main. However i do agree it is bull shit.
Would it be more bullshit if Ams went away again all together?

If the choice comes down to dealing with the bumps while the scripts are ironed out, or not having amateurs at all, which would you choose?

I don't blame Wheels at all for not wanting to spend two entire evenings sitting in a server running the events.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Completely agree Chris. After the shit Stormz went through in 2013, I'm surprised AMs was ever considered
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Certainly you can find something more legitimate to blow up at people about. Would you rather nobody say anything about a problem with the scripts? You're better than that.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
DonaldH
Team: Ginger Snap Racing

Post by DonaldH »

Really... ok i am new to the forum so take what i say with a grain of salt.

ams are lucky for even having a series to race. were not entitled to anything. I am a AM i haven't qualified hell im not even close. oh well get faster try again next week. In real life does the local fast guy qualify for every night show. hell no Dustin Pipes local guy here took years to even make a night show let alone his first main. So what the whoops were hard at A1, get a good set up grow a set and make it happen. also if you don't qualify this year there is always guys moving into the A class.

in short grow a set. complaining on a forum about everything wont help you in the long run. does the server issue suck yes but itll get sorted out. just bring it up professionally not calling it BS.
#155 Privateer AM
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

It's not that they're saying it, its how. Most people, especially the AMs of 2013 (which I'm guessing a lot of them are AMs of today as well) don't realize the work and effort that goes into running a race, especially if you're building your own track for said race. And if you have to build your own scripts, and deal with people's bitching, it becomes too much. I can't imagine the stress Checkerz and Wheels go through just to put on a decent series for a bunch of people that don't deserve the effort, so for those people to come in here talking about how bullshit it is that one thing went wrong, taking the entire AMs series for granted, then the blow up becomes very rational
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
motocross_will

Post by motocross_will »

Random thought but why dont you teach someone to host them? Like i would totally be down to learning how to host them. I am sure others would be to.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

motocross_will wrote:Random thought but why dont you teach someone to host them? Like i would totally be down to learning how to host them. I am sure others would be to.
It isn't a bad idea, but there is only one wheels...

It takes time to teach, which requires being there for the first few events to make sure you can fix any problems/answer any questions that come up for the person you're teaching.

We (rF) becomes responsible for the host much the same the manager is responsible for his team of people. You are representing us, and the standard we set. If you show bias, or allow someone to race, or kick someone form the race, or things don't go smoothly and you make a bad judgement call, that is on us. That's not something we take lightly or something we just want to provide to just anyone.

Developing an automated system is investing the in future - while it's not the best case scenario now, once it is working we'll be able to run more events/classes/timeframes without the huge commitment.
KTM57 wrote:Certainly you can find something more legitimate to blow up at people about. Would you rather nobody say anything about a problem with the scripts? You're better than that.
This is why...
T_Frye127 wrote: it is bull shit.
Had it been presented even remotely respectful, it would've been entertained as such. Instead, I just pointed out a valid point with valid questions.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

You are making mountains out of molehills here. This was clearly a non-issue last week, so of course it sucks. I know there's a tendency to take personal offense to every little thing with RF, but three comments about an error with the scripts are the wrong things to be up in arms about.

If "it's bullshit" concerning a non human error really bothers you to that end, then I don't know what to say. I'm reading that post totally differently from you. Those three words taken out of context have a totally different connotation from the two full sentences given some context.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

KTM57 wrote:You are making mountains out of molehills here. This was clearly a non-issue last week, so of course it sucks. I know there's a tendency to take personal offense to every little thing with RF, but three comments about an error with the scripts are the wrong things to be up in arms about.

If "it's bullshit" concerning a non human error really bothers you to that end, then I don't know what to say. I'm reading that post totally differently from you. Those three words taken out of context have a totally different connotation from the two full sentences given some context.
There was nothing wrong with my response. You are making mountains out of molehills about something that doesn't even concern you.

Go troll someone else. I'm annoyed by it.
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

This whole argument just hits the same notes as all the "I want free tracks and skins" and "how dare you take money for your content" bullshit. I think alot of it has to do with a big percentage of this playerbase aren't old enough to have experienced real day-to-day worklife yet. TIME is Money always. The fact that these wonderful and dedicated people are actually releasing their stuff for free is like a birthday present everytime. We should all be legitimately super-happy for everytime it happens because they are all just super quality dlc that you don't have to pay for! These people have absolutely no obligations to us to create these things for us, they do it because they are fantastic and imaginative and creative people.

I really hope that one day the community will grow up enough to start thanking these people the way they should be. I consider it a miracle that you guys power through all this negativity and I truly admire you for it!

Even though I'm not racing it. A big thanks to Checkerz and Wheels and Motoagogo and everyone else involved to take time out of your free time to create and host this high quality races for us!