2016 DM Local Amateur Motocross Series Info

Organize races and post results here
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Re: 2016 DM Local Amateur Motocross Series Info

Post by AHeckman2 »

I noticed the gates as well, was hoping no one would post anything about it, and instead message an admin. Now people know where the gates are and may exploit them :/
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

Wahlamt wrote:
VUSTTOS wrote:Qualifying times are gonna be a JOKE... Track is fun but for the next round, take the Timing Gates for serious... or put some dirt around the track or something please.

Hope people don't cut the track to much!!

I must ask you VUSTTOS, have you got a good laptime or tried the cuts you were showing? Because a lot of them wont even make you any time. Like 16-17, those waves are soo small and you can carry so much speed over them, going into that track at that point will just set you up badly for that corner. 6-7-8 + 23-24 + 13-14 + 19-20. All of those will most likely make you loose time, as you are not set up for the turn in a good way.

The green lines are cuts that may make you gain a little time (haven't tested)
The yellow lines are "my lines".

I doubt that a lot of them will be faster, as I think you gain more from going wfo out of a turn than going half throttle out, just to make a super sharp turn, instead of just scrubbing the very next jump.

But for the trackmaker, a timing gate should be placed pretty much at the start of every jump (table, double, triple etc), then soon after as a good practice. Also going into every turn, and out of it. If it's a long one, perhaps even one in the middle. It will be a tonne of timing gates, but it will almost be cut proof. I'd gladly explain more personally on skype :)
Well you have enough skills to run a corner at full throttle or scrub every single jump in every lap but for an amateur rider, all those red lines I draw are like a bottle of water in the middle of the desert haha

I havn't even sign up for the race yet so I don't made myself run a couple of fast laps... but well, I still feel like those red lines are at least for myself, way faster.

What I wanted to say with the pic is that doesnt matter if there's only one "green line" two, three, or four... I a Championship like this, shouldn't be any. I don't want to sound angry or anything, this is just a construct critiscism (how ever is spelled haha)
Alex V111#1017
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

AHeckman2 wrote:I noticed the gates as well, was hoping no one would post anything about it, and instead message an admin. Now people know where the gates are and may exploit them :/
My bad. should of have think about that before. Sorry
Alex V111#1017
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

AHeckman2 wrote:I noticed the gates as well, was hoping no one would post anything about it, and instead message an admin. Now people know where the gates are and may exploit them :/
Yeah it's not too good to post about it publicly. Well, not it's same for everyone :)
Wilson156
Team: AektivCo

Post by Wilson156 »

Any way to get a open pro class following the Open Amateur?
Robert Wilson | AektivCo
PhilAbney97
Team: DM Racing Honda

Post by PhilAbney97 »

Wilson156 wrote:Any way to get a open pro class following the Open Amateur?

we were actually talking about that last night. We figured all the pro's are buried in RF Supercross. Still something I'll bring up with other admins tonight but we need a good showing for it to be worth it.
Dead Meat Racing Series Admin
"Suck it Heckman" -Phil
Wilson156
Team: AektivCo

Post by Wilson156 »

Ah shoot. I didn't realize it was Wednesday. I thought it was Thursday for some reason.
Robert Wilson | AektivCo
PhilAbney97

Post by PhilAbney97 »

WARNING: As admins we've Identified the timing gate issue and hoped it wouldn't come up to be exploited. This issue is fixed for further races. Be Aware, if any admin or player catches you and reports you with video evidence of exploiting the timing gates to better position yourself you will be banned for 3 rounds.
"Suck it Heckman" -Phil
RideRed04
Team: Privateer

Post by RideRed04 »

I just downloaded this track and I jump on the server to qualify ant it tells me (client track modified- does not match server's track av_motoplex )
pls help me since this seems like a fun series
StallionFire
Team: Dead Meat Racing

Post by StallionFire »

StallionFire wrote:
Dimes HDR team wrote:nah guys! that's ok! just download all the packs and it's work
mototank14 wrote:Be sure to download all the necessary object packs. I'm not 100% sure which ones are used in the track need but everyone should have them all anyway.
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1131

Here it is again. To fix the track problem use the link above. Be sure to download all 4 in both posts.

:wink:
As stated more than three times in this thread, see the above fix. you need to download the packs to make it work.

mototank14

Post by mototank14 »

fixed, now we are going to have to re-download it..... and everyone gets to qualify some more =D.
mototank14

Post by mototank14 »

Unfortunately I failed to check my initially placed timing gates before track release and because we're running this track in our series i have gone through and re-adjusted the timing gates. To continue qualifying for the DM localx series you will have to re-download the track, i've just replace the download in the original link, so where ever you downloaded the track before you can obtain the new version using the same link. Everyone's current lap time has been deleted but their sign-up remains. Also, a quick reminder, if you have qualified for an rf amateur or pro event you are not allowed to qualify for the beginner 125/250 class. if you have qualified for rf pro you are not allowed to qualify in our open amateur class. if people continue to ignore our qualifying rules and qualify where they please, we will have to increase our disciplinary measures (which atm are just either switching ur to the open class or black listing).

I'm sorry to anyone whom I have royal screwed over, and will never ever never be able to hit that one heater lap again. Kappa

sincerely
MotoTank
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

How about EMF pro class this year? Does that count too? Good fix with the timinggates! :)
PhilAbney97

Post by PhilAbney97 »

Wahlamt wrote:How about EMF pro class this year? Does that count too? Good fix with the timinggates! :)

we treat EMF the same as RF
"Suck it Heckman" -Phil
RideRed04
Team: Privateer

Post by RideRed04 »

idk what to do it still wont let me qualify keeps saying my track is different and I downloaded the update