BooWapGaming - 30 Day Poll - 5 Most Important Things

Organize races and post results here

Which 5 Things below are most important to you and your MXS Experience?

Poll ended at Tue May 31, 2016 5:12 pm

High Quantity, Lower Quality of events
1%
High Quality, Lower Quantity of events
10%
Thorough Ranking System
4%
Let Qualifying Rank Everyone Per Race
1%
Emphasis on Teams, possibly with simulated "salary cap" etc
5%
Larger Focus on Pros
5%
Larger Focus on Ams
5%
Open Qualifying
3%
Limited Qualifying
4%
Live (during event) Qualifying
5%
Custom Tracks and Custom Championships
6%
Replica Tracks and Replica Championships
12%
Incorporation of all bike sizes
3%
24/7 Automatic Racing Server
3%
Enforce Number System
4%
Protests/rules enforced strictly
7%
Looser rules/enforcement, let people police themselves
1%
Prizes
5%
Pay to play, race for money series
3%
Live Streaming
7%
Media Content for Events (Videos, Photos, Reports, Podcasts)
4%
Community Interaction
2%

Total votes: 559

Ddavis

Re: BooWapGaming - 30 Day Poll - 5 Most Important Things

Post by Ddavis »

ehm24 wrote:When I saw Salary cap, I thought it would be a really cool thing to put in place! However, I feel like mxs teams are based on people you're friends with in the game. BUT! (big but) If there is a replica series with replica teams then that's when we could do the salary cap! So, the best riders in mxs will be assigned a certain wage, set by BooWap so that teams will have to methodically pick and choose who they want to be the "guy". Hopefully that made sense.
Something is in the works Jacob.
ehm24
Team: Used to be Factory

Post by ehm24 »

Tight, I want to be part of the help!
Dawson24
Team: Vital MX Honda

Post by Dawson24 »

I feel as though I could be of help in the media department. I've been doing the whole Off Camber Digital deal but definitely wouldn't mind dedicating some time to help out if you need it. Just let me know.

I love the idea of some sort of salary cap deal for the team system, would definitely add a realistic feel to the team system. It'd also help limit the team hopping if the riders you sign are expected to stay throughout the entire season. The teams with the most funding should be those that are supported by actual companies or are linked to an actual organization in my opinion. Just because a team has a sick graphics kit, it doesn't mean they're factory material.

Also I'm all for the live/limited qualifying.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I would think the 24/7 server and higher quality/lower quantity go hand in hand. That and I think the 24/7 race server with ranks was one of the best idea's that RF has ever had. Maybe instead of 24/7 to help with attendance have the races run every other hour or so? One hour switch to a qualifying setup for gate pick preference then let the races run the other hour. Because its almost an amateur-ish event you could do a moto format so it takes up more of the hour. This would also pave the way for some custom/replica series things as you could have "The Track of the Week" and people race it, find out it races really good then add it to a playlist you guys will host a live event with.

Only one I found dumb was the team salary cap. Teams should be about fun and hanging out with friends. Just because two people are good doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed on the same team.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

I chose:
  • High Quality, Lower Quantity of events
  • Custom Tracks and Custom Championships
  • Incorporation of all bike sizes
  • 24/7 Automatic Racing Server
  • Protests/rules enforced strictly
I think more or less everyone can agree that racing a race with serious hosters is way more fun that racing something where the host is late, very unresponsive, takes breaks without notice etc. Quality>quantity for sure. Not sure how the ranking system would be? Pro-AM-beginner? Can't say much there as I'm not too familiar with how stuff is run besides EMF.

AM vs Pro
My experience here is that AM's usually have a better turnout than pro's. Not always, but it seems like AM's has a higher demand and more people show up. Also I am not too much for mixing ams and pros when hosting, do one before the other.

Qualifying
If you want everyone to be able to make it, an open(?) qualifying is best where people have monday-wednesday to qualify. But I did REALLY like MXSCentral's system back in '13 GP's. 5-6 laps qualifying, the AVG of your best 3 laps + the cuts is your qualifying time. That prevents 1 lap luck, where you have to be consistent. I did not qualify for any of the races back then, yet I liked the system.

Custom tracks are more fun. Replicas are everyone else's gig. By hosting on new (and PLEASE OLD) custom tracks, that gives me as a creator hope that maybe someone will host a race on my track, which I'd be genuinely happy about if someone made.

50cc races plz <-- my opinion on bikes.

Strict rules please. A select few in this community ruins racing for others way more than the normal racer. I would like to see these receive their penalty. Also if I do something stupid, I want to be banned for it, since I probably deserve it.

Prizes to me isn't important. Sure, it would be cool to win something, but that is not the reason why I am racing. I want to have fun. Live streaming isn't too important as it's hard to find a (good) streamer. Pay to play is okay to me, yet making it harder to race 1 round, if that's all you can make, like for us EU guys, it might be hard to do an entire series running 3-5am. Media coverage is always cool. Community interaction too. BRING BACK JOE FOR INTERVIEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

Wahlamt wrote:BRING BACK JOE FOR INTERVIEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

rip boowap
Tanner Rogers