2016 rF Gaming Pro and Amateur Nationals

Organize races and post results here
Ezra
Team: Privateer

Re: 2016 rF Gaming Pro and Amateur Nationals

Post by Ezra »

KTM57 wrote:
Ezra wrote:Actually, i didnt do any form of bitching last week
Ezra wrote:It is a bit disappointing to feel like the feedback isnt much being listened to, even more traction this week?? Also, i dont see why parts of the track are TOTALLY smooth, and then all of a sudden, a giant breaking bump, or huge rut/berm/thing appears.

Ive had my bitch, ill carry on and just be happy ive got a new track to ride again this week! Any track is better than no track in my eyes!
You said it, not me!
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 1&p=720776
Oh yeah, for sure, thats a hissy fit. Go fuck yourself august
All opinions expressed by this account are unofficial, and should be taken with a grain of salt
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

KTM57 wrote:
Ezra wrote:Any track is better than no track in my eyes!
You said it, not me!
If you cut out all the junk he's on to something!
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Lnxa wrote:
Ezra wrote:
KTM57 wrote:You are free to dislike the traction, but you shouldn't throw a hissy fit whenever your specific requests aren't catered to. You did the same thing last week. Grow up.
Actually, i didnt do any form of bitching last week, and if you read what u said, youd see that im not having a bitch fit about the traction, im havimg a bitch fit that it was perfect upon the first release, and then two hours in, and a bunch of whiney people later they changed the traction on us, and completely fucked the track...
I don't think you understand that the first traction was not mean't to actually be used on the whole track, It was last years Millville traction that was only supposed to be used in the rollers. Chris found out that it got messed up at some point so they re released it with the traction that was supposed to be used in the first place.
This is not correct.

The track was built with the traction released. The traction change for the rollers was done as intended. The missed step on our part was that the wrong traction was put in place earlier in the building process. We never really addressed traction for a couple of reasons:
A) We all thought it was 2015 Red Bud traction which wasn't a concern then
B) Beta testing never yielded a concern to have it looked into more deeply. Keep in mind, we're all busy doing our projects on this track and the next couple of week's tracks, so rarely does anyone just pound out laps on the track. It's typically ride a section, work on it, etc. Keep in mind I'm not awesome at the game (admitedly) and I am a firm believer in you adapt to the track versus adapting the track to your riding. So a traction that others will hate typically won't bother me. I'm not scared to slow down or be steady on the throttle, it comes second nature to only ride as fast as the traction will let me go.
C) The traction was changed because the overwhelming majority pushing for it and us wanting to deliver the best experience possible to as many racers as possible. We can't please everyone, but we do our best. When it is a split, we've learned it is always best to go with the "easier" option. You won't hear as many complaints about something being too easy, but you'll hear a shit load if it's too hard. Take SX whoops for instance, if you build them too big and hard you never hear the end of it (and a lot of crashes hurt racing). Build them too easy and you get a couple of mentions that they wish they were tougher. In this situation, too slippery and you get a crap load of complaints (and a lot of crashes potentially to hurt racing). The highway traction makes it easier and only a handful are upset and wish it took more skill.

It's a lose-lose for us... particularly myself because I agree 100% that the traction has gotten out of hand in the game. Each year as we get better at what we do (contrary to some of your beliefs I guess...) we've been able to "improve" traction, berms, ruts so much to the fact that a lot of the art/skill of going fast has gone away. Instead it is replaced by fine a line you can pin it around hte whole track only shifting up and down to change speed. Whoever can put in the most time to master those skills is going to be pretty damn good. I know, I make it sound easy yet I am nowhere near that level and no dis-crediting those that go fast. I'm saying going fast is a completely different skill now from the artform of the past and it's also making more realistic tracks go further and further into the past. I do believe in order to benefit racing and provide a more realistic experience, speeds need to decrease.

Enough of my ramble and explanation, for those who either liked the old traction and want to enjoy playing it that way or guys who just want to see what all the fuss is about, drop this file in your 2016 National Red Bud folder and you can try it out (you'll have to remove before going in a server).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b3b1e ... redbud.zip
Ezra

Post by Ezra »

SKlein wrote:
KTM57 wrote:
Ezra wrote:Any track is better than no track in my eyes!
You said it, not me!
If you cut out all the junk he's on to something!
Thank you, i might not always be the most gracefully spoken human being around, likely because i cant be bothered to sugarcoat things to please everyone on the forums, but i have tried to be constructive with just about everything i have said to this point, and, gone out of my way to communicate directly with the rf guys to help improve the racing... its a bit rash to act like im just sitting here pissing and moaning.

Just really really sucks to see RF going so far down hill, especially when its something that im investing my money into...

And jesse, regarding your traction comment, youre just flat out wrong, it was not a mistake in the beginning.
All opinions expressed by this account are unofficial, and should be taken with a grain of salt
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

motokid499 wrote:
Big Smooth one3 wrote:
AHeckman2 wrote:Chase being an ass
Can't say that surprises me.
Ezra

Post by Ezra »

You guys present rf like its the top tier of racing, then make tracks to please beginners...
Matias43_

Post by Matias43_ »

time didnt save i quit
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

It's pretty clear that the traction that's been used on 75% of the tracks for the past few years is the best. Idk why tried to change it.

And the SX whoops point some of the biggest whoops ever made in SX ride the best. Nobody cares if your whoops are tiny but they react shit in sim, which there is 10+ rounds of examples for this year. Just don't build them like shit
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

NICE :roll:
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

There's yellow stakes, and the bales are outside of the stakes. Stop using a dinosaur computer and be able to run yellow stakes :lol:
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

maggett wrote:Image

The bales are also outside the ruts and bumps. The 2nd bale into the section on the outside was left wider on purpose to allow guys some extra room if they make a mistake.

We have to mark the track somewhere otherwise you then complain that you missed a timing gate because you didn't know where the track edge was.

I'm glad Millville is my last track of the season. No amount of money is worth this same old story.

TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

Why not just put the bales at the edge of the dark decal?
maggett

Post by maggett »

checkerz wrote:
maggett wrote:Image

The bales are also outside the ruts and bumps. The 2nd bale into the section on the outside was left wider on purpose to allow guys some extra room if they make a mistake.

We have to mark the track somewhere otherwise you then complain that you missed a timing gate because you didn't know where the track edge was.

I'm glad Millville is my last track of the season. No amount of money is worth this same old story.

O WELL ATLEAST IF IT MISS THE FIRST ONE I CAN HIT THE NEXT YAY :)
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
Alturism

Post by Alturism »

maggett wrote:
O WELL ATLEAST IF IT MISS THE FIRST ONE I CAN HIT THE NEXT YAY :)
jlv wrote:
Rush wrote:Why was UID 12235 not banned as well? he was doing the same thing.
Because he didn't come in here and confess like an idiot.
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

either way, the rf crew don't take advice from the people who never bitch or anything...
just sounds like you take advice from the bitchy people and try to keep them happy.
only thing is the traction ruins this track... best thing to do is listen to the people who never complain and give advice and stop trying to please the bitchy people because they are never happy.