Re: 2010 Supercross Series Rd 3 - Thursday Night Jan 21

Post by DJ99X »

I do have pace. Its just that I find it hard to play the game on this laptop
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Pace?
I might be online all night if I had a jar o' pace too.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

yzmxer608 wrote:Pace?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mTE_zQYpE-4/S ... +Salsa.jpg
I might be online all night if I had a jar o' pace too.
more like on the shitter all night
nmaynard786

Post by nmaynard786 »

I'm not running this series or anything. And I haven't been around here in a while. But I have a suggestion.

Delay the series 1 week. So the track creators can actually watch the race and see how the track really is. Cause there have been quite a few major differences. And they are good enough that I know they could make the tracks exactly how they were IRL.

But they are doing a good job at getting them out quick. I would just like to see a lot more accuracy.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

One positive thing about getting the previews out before the actual race, is that major sits such as vurb at vital are displaying them as track previews. This is major publicity.
lluks252

Post by lluks252 »

nmaynard786 wrote:I'm not running this series or anything. And I haven't been around here in a while. But I have a suggestion.

Delay the series 1 week. So the track creators can actually watch the race and see how the track really is. Cause there have been quite a few major differences. And they are good enough that I know they could make the tracks exactly how they were IRL.

But they are doing a good job at getting them out quick. I would just like to see a lot more accuracy.
I wanna see you pump out 110% HQ SX tracks like these. These 2010 SX track creators are just plain machines :wink:
chris465

Post by chris465 »

nmaynard786 wrote:I'm not running this series or anything. And I haven't been around here in a while. But I have a suggestion.

The only track that has had major difference is A2. It was pretty far off in a few sections, but give theses guys credit! From the info they have to design these tracks they are doing an amazing job!!. A2 was definitley harder in MXS than real though.
yomo

Post by yomo »

chris465 wrote:

The only track that has had major difference is A2. It was pretty far off in a few sections, but give theses guys credit! From the info they have to design these tracks they are doing an amazing job!!. A2 was definitley harder in MXS than real though.
That was only because of the predicted rain that never came.
lluks252

Post by lluks252 »

yomo wrote:
chris465 wrote:

That was only because of the predicted rain that never came.
Never came??? Do you live in the US? Everytime I watched the news, they were talking about how mudslides could happen any second b/c of all the rain California was getting.
REIDY-171
Team: Privateer

Post by REIDY-171 »

It rained almost nonstop monday-friday. And pretty hard too. Dirt wurx had the track covered with plastic and had guys there pumping water off the tarps almost hourly. They changed the track a little in anticipation of the rain. But they did one hell of a job keeping it dry.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

REIDY-171 wrote:It rained almost nonstop monday-friday. And pretty hard too. Dirt wurx had the track covered with plastic and had guys there pumping water off the tarps almost hourly. They changed the track a little in anticipation of the rain. But they did one hell of a job keeping it dry.
One of the biggest things I noticed was how all the rythym sections had flat bottoms in between the jumps, instead of the usually flowing jumps. I'm guessing it was to allow them to get in there with a dozer and scrap mud out more easily after the rains came.
REIDY-171
Team: Privateer

Post by REIDY-171 »

I believe they added a bit of sand and dirt in between the jumps on the damp spots on saturday morning. I think the flat bottoms are from that.
nmaynard786

Post by nmaynard786 »

I'm in no way knocking their ability and speed at getting these tracks done... Just would like to see more accuracy is all. Like some bumps that were small bumps IRL are big jumps in MXS.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

no way dude!!! having the track on tuesday nite is making all my buds who don't have MXS jealous and they're trippin on seeing a working version before its actually built on-site. makes me wonder if any of the teams get their hands on this and get advanced practice regardless of any inaccuracies.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

Granted I'm a nerd. But if I was racing professional supercross, you better believe that if I have the time I'd be racing on these tracks in this game no matter how big the advantage, it certainly wouldn't hurt, unless you just go out and try to huck a quad you can do in game and can't in real life, whoooops! :D

...then again, if I raced pro I probably wouldn't be any good at this game, because this game takes a ton of time to get good at.