2016 Arenacross Prizes (Or Lack of Prizes)

Organize races and post results here
Burkeen820
Team: Privateer

2016 Arenacross Prizes (Or Lack of Prizes)

Post by Burkeen820 »

So I know I'm not the only one affected here, but figured i'd bring this poorly handled situation to light. First of all, thank you to Logan Heagney for working with me this whole time to figure things out, he has been great and unfortunately he just dealt with an unreliable guy.

The 2016 Flowtech AX promised some prizes, as said in the thread:

"I just want to say a massive thank you to Tim Althaus for sponsoring this event with all of the prize money."
1st Place will receive $75
2nd Place will receive $50
3rd Place will receive $25
As well as $2 holeshots.

Thread link: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... arenacross

I personally really appreciate the fact that someone wanted to run a series with awesome prizes like this, and it was definitely about the only reason I chose to do all the rounds of this series. However, I really don't like that people promise money and then not only don't pay it, but also ignore the person that is asking them about it. Logan said he has asked Tim 14 times about paying us and every time he says he will do it "as soon as he gets money". Well, fast forward to 8 months later and I finally figured I would ask Tim myself. Obviously I understand if you don't have the money you don't have the money, but I was really just looking for an answer of some sort. Unfortunately in my case Tim isn't even man enough to tell me if he's gonna screw us over. I sent this message:

"Yo man, are you by chance ever going to be able to pay the ax prizes? I totally understand that you've been short on money, but it's been a while and I figured I'd see if you forgot about it or just planned on telling me to suck it haha"

I feel like that was a pretty nice way to phrase that, but no answer. I waited a few days and sent him 2 more messages (neither of which were me being a dick in any way) and still, no answer. Really is a bummer that the guy promises such great prizes for a series and then doesn't even have the decency to tell me if he's not going to pay (Which I can now say, I ain't getting paid :roll: )

Besides myself, I know that Dylan Copeland, Devin Ryan, James Armstrong, Robert Wilson, and probably many more also didn't get paid for either our series overalls or holeshots. Again, I don't feel entitled in any way that people should be paying me or anyone else for playing a video game, but if you're gonna promise, it would be nice if you would deliver.

So all in all, shoutout to Tim Althaus for giving us the opportunity to be pumped on a series with the anticipation of making some cash only to pretty much tell us all to go fuck ourselves....oh wait, he couldn't even do that.

/Rant
Me: "Hoffman your line choice sucks..."
Hoffman: "Bro, you act like my lines are choices!"

The truth about awood http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... agic+awood
ShadDaddy708
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Tagger Designs

Re: 2016 Arenacross Prizes (Or Lack of Prizes)

Post by ShadDaddy708 »

I 100% back this rant. Tim needs to pay up or stop saying he will pay out series in the future.
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

yeezy
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Ilabb.com

Post by yeezy »

What about all the money I was promised for creating several Australian MX Replica Tracks?

That never showed up either...

Could have a few issues here.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Although it was not promised, I was in a position where someone in the community was going to donate a nice chunk of money towards LL prizes, which I never got. Unfortunately, sometimes it's just someone's promise without anything confirmed by a signature or contract so they can cancel them whenever they please.
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

I think i'm more disappointed about all the Red Bulls i could've bought with that $20 in holeshots :(
J.Armstrong
Team: dunno

Post by J.Armstrong »

It was BS for that because why else were we racing? The series really meant nothing, so in the end it was a waste of time. If hosts want prizing from outside people then maybe they should get them to pay up front (and hope the host(s) are loyal *ahem* SWEEN)
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

J.Armstrong wrote:( SWEEN)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
kawy949

Post by kawy949 »

I'm planning on working with sponsors that put it upfront for events in the future (helping to cover track makers, website, prizing etc), sounds like this guy was a complete tool; especially if making promises he wasn't planning on keeping. That being said, why did the event go-ahead? Building the hype if there were no prizes to give etc? Leading people to the assumption that it was going to happen. I don't really know anything about this event at all as I only recently came back into the community, but it sounds to me like there are a few bad apples around - but then has that ever changed?

Time to find someone else to support your events. I'm working on a few site sponsors at the moment too which I hope to move into event sponsors once the site is up and running.
Burkeen820
Team: Privateer

Post by Burkeen820 »

kawy949 wrote:I'm planning on working with sponsors that put it upfront for events in the future (helping to cover track makers, website, prizing etc), sounds like this guy was a complete tool; especially if making promises he wasn't planning on keeping. That being said, why did the event go-ahead? Building the hype if there were no prizes to give etc? Leading people to the assumption that it was going to happen. I don't really know anything about this event at all as I only recently came back into the community, but it sounds to me like there are a few bad apples around - but then has that ever changed?

Time to find someone else to support your events. I'm working on a few site sponsors at the moment too which I hope to move into event sponsors once the site is up and running.
Yeah, the event did go ahead (as a full series, like 12 rounds I think) with prizes being offered up the whole time. It'll be nice to have someone like you back around instead of these douchebags like Tim. As I said before even if he wasn't gonna pay, which is still messed up after advertising those prizes, he could have at least replied instead of being a tool and ignoring me.
J.Armstrong wrote:It was BS for that because why else were we racing? The series really meant nothing, so in the end it was a waste of time. If hosts want prizing from outside people then maybe they should get them to pay up front (and hope the host(s) are loyal *ahem* SWEEN)
Exactly, no offense to Logan because he is not my problem here but these races were a complete shitshow due to the tracks and the riders that decided to race them, so obviously the only reason we pursued the series was for the $$.
yeezy wrote:What about all the money I was promised for creating several Australian MX Replica Tracks?

That never showed up either...

Could have a few issues here.
Was this Tim's doing also? Wouldn't be surprised...lol
Ddavis wrote:Although it was not promised, I was in a position where someone in the community was going to donate a nice chunk of money towards LL prizes, which I never got. Unfortunately, sometimes it's just someone's promise without anything confirmed by a signature or contract so they can cancel them whenever they please.
Big difference. Yeah that is a bummer that someone bailed on you for prizing but as far as I've seen you weren't promising cash prizes in your race thread and then ignoring the people that won 9 months later. So yeah you are right that they CAN cancel because he clearly did, but you can't say thats the right thing to do. Would've been nice to know instead of spending those nights playing bumper cars on 12 second tracks, but no changing it now, just want everyone to know that if you were expecting a prize from Tim Althaus, you probably ain't getting it.
Me: "Hoffman your line choice sucks..."
Hoffman: "Bro, you act like my lines are choices!"

The truth about awood http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... agic+awood
Holt_619
Team: FlowTech Racing

Post by Holt_619 »

Burkeen820 wrote:
The 2016 Flowtech AX promised some prizes, as said in the thread:
Sorry that this doesn't have much to do with the thread, but just wanted to say that FlowTech had nothing to do with AX this year. Just don't want to be blamed for something I wasn't even involved with :lol: