2017 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur)

Organize races and post results here
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Re: 2017 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur)

Post by ROSE822 »

sapelgas431 wrote:I honestly would prefer the normal qualifying, since we saw in the Sx Madness series that there isn't that much of a difference in racing based on the qualifying format.. This way the races start 1hr later :?

Good job on the webside though :)
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

Can't decide if I'm happy or sad about the qualifying format, but maybe it will allow some kids to go outside once in awhile!

IMO it's probably just so rF doesn't have to deal with "Where is the track?" every week, good call. :lol:
Flower Power - Am I an OG yet? :lol:
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

I'm really disappointed in the qualifying format, it hurts people with tight schedules and hurts racing IMO. And a lot of people are paying money and badass tracks created and most people will play them for 4-5 hours on night then hardly again.

People aren't as skilled as real life, even with a lot of time on the track people still don't perform well and fall a lot, etc.

And I'm fine with paying and whatever, but like, we still have a 4 year old rule book, etc, and also worried about protests now being "non-negotiable", before you could have a rebuttal in some cases.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
logansm323
Team: Fuel Offroad

Post by logansm323 »

AWood wrote:I'm really disappointed in the qualifying format, it hurts people with tight schedules and hurts racing IMO. And a lot of people are paying money and badass tracks created and most people will play them for 4-5 hours on night then hardly again.
kawy949

Post by kawy949 »

Admittedly, with the qualifying format, it may well knock my plans to ride 450s which I was really hoping to do this year... Purely because this adds an additional hour to the schedule and it's unlikely to be over until 6am in the UK... I may need to rethink my position a little (had already signed up without reading qualifying).

BUT, it's your series, so no amount of whining is going to change that :)
Burkeen820
Team: Privateer

Post by Burkeen820 »

AWood wrote:I'm really disappointed in the qualifying format, it hurts people with tight schedules and hurts racing IMO. And a lot of people are paying money and badass tracks created and most people will play them for 4-5 hours on night then hardly again.

People aren't as skilled as real life, even with a lot of time on the track people still don't perform well and fall a lot, etc.

And I'm fine with paying and whatever, but like, we still have a 4 year old rule book, etc, and also worried about protests now being "non-negotiable", before you could have a rebuttal in some cases.
For once I have to agree with Awood. Paying is fine because you guys work very hard for us to have a fun series to race, but in my opinion most of the fun is ripping the track for the beginning of the week with your friends and then racing on race night. I think having the track released on race night is kinda taking away from the bang for your buck for paying for a membership since we will mostly only be playing it on the race night, but I will still be paying it so not a huge deal to me. I also agree that the racing isn't quite as tight and fun because people are still learning the track throughout the night. It is cool that it is a new challenge but just in my opinion the old way is much better. This way of qualifying actually helps me considering I work Wednesday nights and would miss heat races with the old format, but I am just thinking of what would be more fun (to me). Either way I'm sure a few complaints won't change anyones decision just decided to give my 2 cents, thanks again for another year of hopefully some fun racing and sick tracks!
Me: "Hoffman your line choice sucks..."
Hoffman: "Bro, you act like my lines are choices!"

The truth about awood http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... agic+awood
GustavoMX930'
Team: 2 good 4 a team

Post by GustavoMX930' »

Who had the brilliant idea of being able to ride a 250 2-Stroke on the 250 classes? Are we at LL's or Mini O's? I don't recall you being able to ride them in real life...

Page 43
http://www.amasupercross.com/rules/pdf/ ... lebook.pdf
jlv wrote:
Rush wrote:Why was UID 12235 not banned as well? he was doing the same thing.
Because he didn't come in here and confess like an idiot.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Would be cool if they would hold a poll about how qualifying should be. I completely agree with Burkin and Awood, I like playing it early in the week and just messing with budds. And then the racing is going to be a lot more sloppy with the limited qualifying because people are still going to be learning the track during the races.
ShadDaddy708
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Tagger Designs

Post by ShadDaddy708 »

I agree with heckman boykin and bentwood. They all have very true statements. Racing will be brazzy
chaseb31
Team: BPC | let's get it

Post by chaseb31 »

Chase Blakely | Oregon Based
chaseb31
Team: BPC | let's get it

Post by chaseb31 »

GustavoMX930' wrote:Who had the brilliant idea of being able to ride a 250 2-Stroke on the 250 classes? Are we at LL's or Mini O's? I don't recall you being able to ride them in real life...

Page 43
http://www.amasupercross.com/rules/pdf/ ... lebook.pdf
:roll: :roll:
Chase Blakely | Oregon Based
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

And i want to say. I'm trying to be as respectful as possible. I literally went and paid my $25 the second after posting that. I just wish there was a little more Rider input taken on that decision. I know a lot of people wanted night of qualifying for winter indoor, but thats 5 rounds and non serious for the most part. I also wish that Rule book was updated as stated before, and if protests were put out with numbers (for the last 2 rounds of outdoors and winter indoor), You may have people paying that wont be able to race a few rounds, thus changing their decision to race, which just seems kind of cheap to me.

Just stating my opinions, hopefully my opinion is taken as a helpful critique, and not seen as an annoyance. In my opinion its not too late to change the format for even round 2 and beyond.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
WillSt24
Team: BPC

Post by WillSt24 »

GustavoMX930' wrote:We can ride 250 2 strokes in the 250 class? This is so cool!
I agree
| WILLIAM ST-LAURENT |
MXS best finish : 2nd [SX] 3rd [MX]
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Damn, I'm impressed! You guys seriously blow me away, and in a good way for once haha. Guys don't agree with stuff and some are actually presenting it in a reasonable manner.

For qualifying - I'll run you through our thought processes and how the decision was made. Also, Wheels agreed to the decision to do it this way with saying, "We will for sure start the season this way..." Meaning, if it's broken we will fix it.

- This qualifying format creates a more fair opportunity for racers to have the same amount of time on the track.
- This qualifying format is more realistic
- This qualifying format doesn't affect racing at the front of the pack, but it certainly makes a difference about who gets into the fast 40 and who doesn't. The skewing that goes on based on amount of time to put onto the track definitely changes things for the "bubble" guys.
- Nothing is keeping you from ripping a fresh track with your buddies, just it'll be for more fun versus grinding and "having to" put in so much time.
- The 125 Open class was added to help give the tracks "life" per say and give guys a reason to play the tracks more.
- It helps prevent the "lucky lap" doing something ridiculous just for a quali time that you can't consistently do as time is limited.
- Finally, it became agreeable because previously our races took over 3 hours to complete. With improvements to our hosting, we've been able to get them right at 2 hours last year. Yes, we'll be back to 3 hour events - but when we started that is what we felt was "acceptable".

Again, we're listening (well reading). If it needs changed, we're not opposed to it.

As far as the 250 2 Strokes...

We did it in SX Madness and there were only a handful of them each week. There are definitely guys out there who like to ride that bike and if you don't allow them in a class they can be competitive in, it's a useless dyno in the game. Of course, it makes the 125 2-stroke less desirable, but again, that's part of the reason for the addition of the 125 Open class.

Hope that helps at least give some "reasoning" to the decisions made and thank you everyone for the continued support.
Burkeen820
Team: Privateer

Post by Burkeen820 »

checkerz wrote:Damn, I'm impressed! You guys seriously blow me away, and in a good way for once haha. Guys don't agree with stuff and some are actually presenting it in a reasonable manner.

For qualifying - I'll run you through our thought processes and how the decision was made. Also, Wheels agreed to the decision to do it this way with saying, "We will for sure start the season this way..." Meaning, if it's broken we will fix it.

- This qualifying format creates a more fair opportunity for racers to have the same amount of time on the track.
- This qualifying format is more realistic
- This qualifying format doesn't affect racing at the front of the pack, but it certainly makes a difference about who gets into the fast 40 and who doesn't. The skewing that goes on based on amount of time to put onto the track definitely changes things for the "bubble" guys.
- Nothing is keeping you from ripping a fresh track with your buddies, just it'll be for more fun versus grinding and "having to" put in so much time.
- The 125 Open class was added to help give the tracks "life" per say and give guys a reason to play the tracks more.
- It helps prevent the "lucky lap" doing something ridiculous just for a quali time that you can't consistently do as time is limited.
- Finally, it became agreeable because previously our races took over 3 hours to complete. With improvements to our hosting, we've been able to get them right at 2 hours last year. Yes, we'll be back to 3 hour events - but when we started that is what we felt was "acceptable".

Again, we're listening (well reading). If it needs changed, we're not opposed to it.

As far as the 250 2 Strokes...

We did it in SX Madness and there were only a handful of them each week. There are definitely guys out there who like to ride that bike and if you don't allow them in a class they can be competitive in, it's a useless dyno in the game. Of course, it makes the 125 2-stroke less desirable, but again, that's part of the reason for the addition of the 125 Open class.

Hope that helps at least give some "reasoning" to the decisions made and thank you everyone for the continued support.
The feedback is greatly appreciated! As I said I was just thinking of what I thought would be more fun but you have obviously thought it through and have some good points. Either way I will be there for most of em, thanks again!
Me: "Hoffman your line choice sucks..."
Hoffman: "Bro, you act like my lines are choices!"

The truth about awood http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... agic+awood