2017 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur)

Organize races and post results here
Osari52
Team: SYS Racing

Re: 2017 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur)

Post by Osari52 »

mxsrider96 wrote:I find it extremely odd that people have a problem with Mora's penalty, which is 100% justified, but no one seems to have a problem with the penalty for this. I don't like Wilcox, I don't hate him either, and I'm never the guy who questions penalties from rF (I usually get shit for supporting every decision you guys make) but the fact that this was even protested blows my mind. This was a legit block pass. Was it aggressive? Yes. Was it dirty? Not in the slightest. He made the turn, whether or not he would've made the turn had contact not been made is a judgment I can't make, but I do believe he could have. I see this block pass and I think of how Anderson got around Seely last year at SD, and if you think that was dirty just because Seely ended up on the ground, you're wrong, simple as that. I'm not sure, but I believe Wilcox has a history of being extremely aggressive, but rubbing's racing. I don't think any penalty should've been given out here
I think both "penalties" are justified here. Mora did pretty much the same thing McLeod did at Atlanta last year and Ben sat out a round because of it.
As for the Wilcox thing. I could be hella biased for him seeing as I like the guy and was actually on his team for a while but from the broadcast, I was less than pumped with his methods of racing. He was cross-jumping and swerving across the track to hold his position and when he did get passed, this is what he would do. While it looks like a perfectly legit block pass, the only reason it does is because he somehow survived JLV's quirky collision physics and rode out of that. 99.9999999% of the time in that maneuver, both of those guys are on the ground for no good reason. If that was retaliation for anything (not saying it is but it kinda looks like it), then that is way dirtier than Reed did to Trey and Reed got the black flag so if you want to compare real life like you did here then I can easily present the counter-argument. Wilcox really only got a slap on the wrist by being put on probation, especially for a repeat offender, but the point is that level of just plain stupid aggressive racing is not usually tolerated in rF if protested.
Kellen Brauer | Start Your Systems | Racer X
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

To me it looked like Wilcox was out for the kill on Colton all night long.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

mxsrider96 wrote:
mack| spokes wrote: Image
I find it extremely odd that people have a problem with Mora's penalty, which is 100% justified, but no one seems to have a problem with the penalty for this. I don't like Wilcox, I don't hate him either, and I'm never the guy who questions penalties from rF (I usually get shit for supporting every decision you guys make) but the fact that this was even protested blows my mind. This was a legit block pass. Was it aggressive? Yes. Was it dirty? Not in the slightest. He made the turn, whether or not he would've made the turn had contact not been made is a judgment I can't make, but I do believe he could have. I see this block pass and I think of how Anderson got around Seely last year at SD, and if you think that was dirty just because Seely ended up on the ground, you're wrong, simple as that. I'm not sure, but I believe Wilcox has a history of being extremely aggressive, but rubbing's racing. I don't think any penalty should've been given out here
Wilcox has had multiple protests against him over the years for being overly aggressive and taking riders out purposely. He has had warnings and yet he continues to ride overly aggressive. This decision was not about this specific incident but the many that he has been involved in plus how he was racing throughout the main in general like Kellen posted.

Sonny hypothetically lets say you are a contender to win the race who is running top five pace early on when you are trying run consistent and work your way up front. You make a pass on a slower racer (who is running close to four seconds a lap slower than you) on a part of the track where there is little separation. A few corners later you have this racer who is slower than you that you just passed carry a bunch of speed into a open 90 degree corner and block your line giving you zero time to react causing you to crash. How would you feel?

Seely and Anderson are similar in speed, Anderson had to catch up to Seely to make that pass/takeout possible. That would be the difference here to me anyhow. To me a comparison would be like Friese taking out Tomac for example.

Im not saying this to justify a penalty for this specific incident as it wasn't about a specific incident. It is to show the rational for why Colton would have wanted to protest it.. Have to look more depth than just the incident sometimes to understand.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Ddavis wrote:To me it looked like Wilcox was out for the kill on Colton all night long.
I agree with devin, colton was getting mad all night about wilcox
DonnieTheDealer
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DonnieTheDealer »

More proof sonny just doesn't know how to use his head. I got a three month ban for the same thing. Any pass where you take someone out is dirty. I don't understand you sonny.

As for the mora thing, I guess it's punishable. However, I don't think he should lose his pro license over it. It was what 2 minutes 30 seconds into the race? That's still early on and shit is still pretty hectic. Getting doc'd a few positions would seem more realistic as that is what would happen at an actual race.
2016 MXSON Champion 2014 MXSON Champion Won highpoint on a 125 Good at Raging It's Whatever
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

After reading your hypothetical, Peter, it makes sense. I didn't watch the race Wednesday, so I didn't know the lap times or anything, I just had the gif to go off of. Glad you were able to reply with reason rather than Holyak telling me "I don't know how to use my head," when I was in fact using every bit of knowledge I had on the situation when making that post. Seriously, Connor, if you have such a problem with all of my posts that you're willing to give me shit over one that actually makes sense, just put me on your foe list. Jesus Christ, you're a fucking drama queen
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
DonnieTheDealer
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DonnieTheDealer »

I only reply to your posts. You reply to everything that happens in sim. You are a drama queen who is clueless. If you were using all of your knowledge, you are dumb.
2016 MXSON Champion 2014 MXSON Champion Won highpoint on a 125 Good at Raging It's Whatever
khut823
Team: Flo-Vision Decals

Post by khut823 »

Ready for sandie!
DCreedz#523
Team: Greef Clothing

Post by DCreedz#523 »

Looks really good. If it's built anything like A1, where in for a good night(s) of racing!!

James Webb
Team: Evergood

Post by James Webb »

Dang they even have Petco!
DCreedz#523
Team: Greef Clothing

Post by DCreedz#523 »

DCreedz#523 wrote:where
we're**
T_Frye127
Team: Volcom

Post by T_Frye127 »

he held the back brake and punted the dude lol and you guys are trying to say it was clean?
Yung Kryp
Team: www.C4Designs.co

Post by Yung Kryp »

Yall are all drama lol. I saw the protest from a friend who showed me it and I couldn't help but laugh. Yeah im swerving, but guess what, it was my first day playing sim again in roughly 6 months due to work. feelsbadman. The line I took is a line pros in real life would do on other pros. But hey, the guy on the outside would check up and not be a nerd going for the section still. Did i crash? no. Did i mess up the rhythm aftertwards? no. Did i slam my back brake when i saw him not checking up? yes. did colton punt me in the heat? yes. did i protest? no. I play this shit for fun now.
2015 FAMmx Racetech Spring SX Series 250 Pro Champion
Yung Kryp
Team: www.C4Designs.co

Post by Yung Kryp »

I shouldn't even be replying to it because all it does in the end, is cause drama. Ill take the penalty, it doesn't matter to me. A penalty is a penalty. Its just the fact I got protested for a block pass. And the comparing the speeds thing is a joke, its not like it was a blue flag. I had a line to take the position and I took it. I will not be surprised to see future protest from Colton on other racers for the smallest things, my boy leake is gonna win anyways.
2015 FAMmx Racetech Spring SX Series 250 Pro Champion
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Yung Kryp wrote:Yall are all drama lol. I saw the protest from a friend who showed me it and I couldn't help but laugh. Yeah im swerving, but guess what, it was my first day playing sim again in roughly 6 months due to work. feelsbadman. The line I took is a line pros in real life would do on other pros. But hey, the guy on the outside would check up and not be a nerd going for the section still. Did i crash? no. Did i mess up the rhythm aftertwards? no. Did i slam my back brake when i saw him not checking up? yes. did colton punt me in the heat? yes. did i protest? no. I play this shit for fun now.
You need to respect the fact that THIS ISNT REAL LIFE, and people cant turn their head to see you coming so ride like they cant, not like its real life. I would be fine if it was few turns for a transfer spot, but not to be a dick for no reason. You had every intention of slamming him for the spot.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th