2017 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur)

Organize races and post results here
kawasakirider616

Re: 2017 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur)

Post by kawasakirider616 »

checkerz wrote:Classes - Rules for 2017 SX

- Champions are allowed to defend their #1 plate for 1 season and are moved up the following year (Schmidt and Seabolt are 250 eligible for 2017 on E/W respectively)
I wish I was able to do that last year :roll:
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

mx201 wrote:
checkerz wrote:Actually forgot to post/mention we are expanding to 3 nights of racing this year. Open Pro and Open Amateur classes will be run on Sunday night. Yes we're introducing a couple of new classes as well - one of them being split Open Classes and the other will be announced shortly.
Idk if I like this or not.
More racing? ... yeah I don't like that :roll:
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

(I'm joking)

More racing, more fun!
Mcguire103
Team: Privateer

Post by Mcguire103 »

damn no D class :lol:
8)
Matias43_

Post by Matias43_ »

8 days! :D
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

checkerz wrote:Riders must declare a coast East or West and no matter Pro or Amateur, that will remain their coast throughout the season
I don't really have a problem with this (when it comes to going from AM west to Pro East), just more curious of the thinking. It makes sense to me to allow guys who were good in AM class on the West to race Pro class on the East
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
mx201
Team: Madcape

Post by mx201 »

mxsrider96 wrote:
checkerz wrote:Riders must declare a coast East or West and no matter Pro or Amateur, that will remain their coast throughout the season
I don't really have a problem with this (when it comes to going from AM west to Pro East), just more curious of the thinking. It makes sense to me to allow guys who were good in AM class on the West to race Pro class on the East
For once in my life I agree with Sonny
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
GeovanedosSantos
Team: PowerDream

Post by GeovanedosSantos »

The 250 Novice class will have a west and east division?
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

only pro licence to race 450s? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
BigFluffyChiken
Team: Vital MX Racing

Post by BigFluffyChiken »

checkerz wrote: Thursday Night Amateur Classes:

250 Amateur East and West Coast
- Riders with over 100 Amateur SX points in a season are not eligible for this class.

450 Amateur
- Riders with over 100 Amateur SX points in a season are not eligible for this class.
I'm kind of bummed to see this. I get the reasoning, nobody wants to see sandbaggers in the am class, but I think there are a few guys that aren't pro speed that would be disqualified from racing ams, myself included. For me, I only got over 100 points because I didn't crash every lap (consistency kills in ams) and like five people that were faster than me moved up to pro mid-season, and that's in the 250 class with only one coast. I'm sure there are guys that aren't super fast, but pretty consistent that race the whole season on 450, and they'll score way more than 100 that way.

Also, I know there's the open night on Sunday, but I (and probably lots of others) race this series for the incredible replica feeling you guys provide. Racing the "extra night" takes away from that feeling.

I know it's tough to make the move-up rules fair, I just know that I personally can't qualify for pro, so that really limits the races I can do. I'd like to race ams on Thursday, but if you guys keep these rules I understand, it's not the end of the world. At least I'll have more time to practice the track. :wink:
Image Image
alex521

Post by alex521 »

so if i have c-licens can i request for b-licens or what?? i want to race rf supercross and did it last year a few rounds
Mcguire103

Post by Mcguire103 »

alex521 wrote:so if i have c-licens can i request for b-licens or what?? i want to race rf supercross and did it last year a few rounds
open am is B and C
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

alex521 wrote:so if i have c-licens can i request for b-licens or what?? i want to race rf supercross and did it last year a few rounds
Yes. In your user control panel on Rf site
alex521

Post by alex521 »

checkerz wrote:
Yes. In your user control panel on Rf site
yeah i saw that now
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

BigFluffyChiken wrote:
checkerz wrote: Thursday Night Amateur Classes:

250 Amateur East and West Coast

450 Amateur
I'm kind of bummed to see this. I get the reasoning, nobody wants to see sandbaggers in the am class, but I think there are a few guys that aren't pro speed that would be disqualified from racing ams, myself included.
I agree, there's a lot of slow but consistent amateur riders who consistently race every week for years in the 9th-15th range and score over 100 points by the end of the year. It's a tough call, you don't want to make it by a rider finishing a certain position because some people just get lucky and get a top 5 one night, but don't repeat. It's a slippery slope but there needs to be some sort of restriction. I guess the reasoning is the guys, regardless of them winning or not, have been racing Amateurs for years now.