EMF Fucked it up

Organize races and post results here
Tristan.Botteram
Team: MotoSport.com

EMF Fucked it up

Post by Tristan.Botteram »

And yeah.. EMF also fucked it up with those damn money bullshit.. I'm not poor but it's just bullshit
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Re: EMF Fucked it up

Post by Rayvenator »

Tristan.Botteram wrote:And yeah.. EMF also fucked it up with those damn money bullshit.. I'm not poor but it's just bullshit
Well it was either that or no series at all. Now at least those who are willing to appreciate the work EMF puts in can have a series to compete in.
Tristan.Botteram

I'll not race anymore in 2017 so yea idc
Liddzor
Team: Mitas Racing

Post by Liddzor »

Are you going to the work for free? If you do that, its stupid asf in my opinion.
Stop complaining, it's their series. They spend very many hours to make this series possible.
Make your own series. Put down 20 hours a week on the website, do courses, organizing races.
So let's see how funny you think it is in the long run.

A big thanks to emf and you are worth all the money you receive.

See you at the track!
manii20

Post by manii20 »

Why everybody is so butthurt over 30 euros? I rather pay the money and enjoy the game than racing with many kids and goons in one place with purpose to screw races for others.
Br4Ap69

Post by Br4Ap69 »

manii20 wrote:Why everybody is so butthurt over 30 euros? I rather pay the money and enjoy the game than racing with many kids and goons in one place with purpose to screw races for others.
I agree with Alanas, it will all benefit us anyway Tristan because you just t-bone and punt people every race you enter.
Rico118

Post by Rico118 »

+1 for tristan.

I will pay but its bullshit
CeeJayHDz
Team: Privateer

Post by CeeJayHDz »

Tristan.Botteram wrote:I'll not race anymore in 2017 so yea idc
Makes thread whining... doesn't care... sense made 0
Tristan.Botteram

Br4Ap69 wrote:
manii20 wrote:Why everybody is so butthurt over 30 euros? I rather pay the money and enjoy the game than racing with many kids and goons in one place with purpose to screw races for others.
I agree with Alanas, it will all benefit us anyway Tristan because you just t-bone and punt people every race you enter.
Lol i do? Maybe because you started with doing that..
Tristan.Botteram

There are kids that have to ask there parents to pay for these races and that is pretty dumb in my eyes but okey.. it looks like im the only one that not is going to pay for these races.. Goodluck in 17.
Tristan.Botteram

Liddzor wrote:Are you going to the work for free? If you do that, its stupid asf in my opinion.
Stop complaining, it's their series. They spend very many hours to make this series possible.
Make your own series. Put down 20 hours a week on the website, do courses, organizing races.

See you at the track!
If it was like 5 euros or something i was okey with that but the game cost 50 euros and these series cost 31 euros so that more than 50% of the game price and then you'll pay just for some damn races.. pretty weard right? but i seems like im the only one
Rayvenator

Post by Rayvenator »

Tristan.Botteram wrote:
If it was like 5 euros or something i was okey with that but the game cost 50 euros and these series cost 31 euros so that more than 50% of the game price and then you'll pay just for some damn races.. pretty weard right? but i seems like im the only one
The game is now what, 8 years old? What other game do you expect to 8 years after its release to just get tons of free stuff and events organized AND hosted for free? Also EMF has nothing to do with the original game you bought, its a standalone organization and series. Its not like EMF gets anything of those 50 euros you first paid right?

The game you paid 50 euros for was the BASE game. You can run the stock models and stock tracks all you want for those 50 euros, isnt it amazing?

Name ONE game out there where you buy the game and then get live hosted events and a year worth of content for FREE?
Tristan.Botteram

Yea i know what you are trying to say but i'm not going to pay for races i will probably can't race because of my downhill races so i'm not going to waste 31 euros for this..
Rayvenator

Post by Rayvenator »

Tristan.Botteram wrote:Yea i know what you are trying to say but i'm not going to pay for races i will probably can't race because of my downhill races so i'm not going to waste 31 euros for this..
Then why post a whole rant-thread on the forums about it?

I just dont get it...
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Tristan.Botteram wrote:
Liddzor wrote:Are you going to the work for free? If you do that, its stupid asf in my opinion.

See you at the track!
5 Euros is nothing really. The price serves a few purposes. We all in the crew have different opinions on why we want it, but here is how the price is to me:
1. Price pool. If we use some money towards prices, we will NOT have to rely on sponsors which CAN be very hard to find and deal with, as well as we will not hear "Sorry forgot", "Budget ran out" etc.
2. Quality of racing. This can be argued, but this will to a great degree keep away the stupid idiots who just punts people in the race. If you have to pay, you will also most likely not want to be banned, so you will respect everyone else on the track. Also we won't get some random coming in for free one round and ruining it.
3. The creators get's something for their work. If we look away from MxSim.fr where you can rent servers, we make no money out of this. Money is lost due to domain costs, server costs and web-hotel etc. Since Nioubie has his servers, some of the money at least are made back there. But the hosters that has been around for a long time has spent so many 100h of hosting for nothing, but mainly complaints. Some nice words here and there, but so much trash-talk. Making tracks, only that takes a great amount of time if you don't want to rush it. For Loket, the height data was useless, so I freehanded it, only the elevation probably took me over 30 hours, I got nothing from that, except from a decent (height-wise) base. It's really nice getting something for it. Also this year wouldn't have happened otherwise. I'm now working and has significantly less time to work on tracks. The others also have work, families and life's. As I said, everyone had a bit of a different angle or opinion in this matter, but this is how the agreement ended up.

30$ Imo is completely fair. You'll get the SX + this year we're aiming at 19 tracks for the GP's, the full frikking season! :D