2010 Supercross Series Rd 7 - Thursday Night Feb 18

Organize races and post results here
Garasaki

Re: 2010 Supercross Series Rd 7 - Thursday Night Feb 18

Post by Garasaki »

DJ wrote:http://www.racerxonline.com/assets/wall ... 7LARGE.jpg

That map doesnt show bales for the S turn
You can't rely on that map for bale placement :roll:
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Having just ridden the track, I have 2 comments:

1) I wouldn't be surprised if the S curve bit is changed in the real race. I don't see any way at all that sticking to your line thru there will be remotely fast. Everyone is just going to jump the berm like we're doing.

b) The corner before the whoops before the finish, is allllllllll wrong. This is a feature they have EVERY year at Indy. The corner itself is raised. And its not nearly so high. (having said that, I just looked for footage of it and it looks like they didn't have it last year...in fact they didn't have it in 2008 either. errrrrrrrrrr)

5) I actually thought the rest of the track, minus the "second" whoop section, is pretty good. Unfortunately, DirtWerx has given us another track with very few options on it.

L) The sand corners really changed the way the track rides...I wonder if they will have the same effect on the real race??

and finally, my second comment,

I really like the way the stand alone triple rides. Feels real good!
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

been waiting on this, but im not THAT happy of it.
its good but i honestly liked the beta more, since the whoops was more difficult and some jumps had kick on it, (some in this track also but you should try combining them into one big mess)
BUT to be honest it rides good (if you put some effort before coming online (i cant speack for anyone cause i failed 10 times riding in front of dj -.-)
and its fun to discover what you could do in there ;)

btw. http://www.racerxonline.com/assets/wall ... 7LARGE.jpg
Why dont we have fancy cars or boats ? :(
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

1. You cant rely on alghren to give an accurate representatoon of the track
2. That one raised corner i think is correct
3. Sharper tables would add for more options

i think what is happening is this. The tracks are made at 1.25:1 scale, and the jump slopes follow that scale as well. The jump slopes should be 1:1, but the spacing between should be 1.25:1.
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

mxer323 wrote:i think the tuff blocks are just inside the track lines which is making the track to narrow, man there killing me on the stepoffs its hard enough holding speed there.
The bales were placed right on, or just a bit outside of the trackmap lines.
toonys66
Team: Privateer

Post by toonys66 »

the track is nice! but yeah like a lot said, the whoops are not really nice, i mean there are fun but no simulation or real at all!!! like dj said it should be more like all of the other track!
and yeah some jump miss a bit of kick! and ruts on the sand!
otherwise it s a fun track and some parts are fun!
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Yeah timferry (if that is your real name) dont get us wrong, it was a good effort on the track, and its not a bad track. Its just not challenging.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

all i've got to say is....WOW! tough crowd.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

ddmx wrote:Yeah timferry (if that is your real name) dont get us wrong, it was a good effort on the track, and its not a bad track. Its just not challenging.
Well he did his best atleast (i think?)
But anyways, we can get it harder, ride with stock setups and 0 or 100 stability. i DARE you to run 55 flat lap!
challenge ;)
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

I think all of the criticism is good, and I know that a lot of things you guys have pointed out would make the track better, but the track obviously isn't going to be re-released. I don't think it would go over well the day before the race (Jlv told me this).
ddmx wrote:timferry (if that is your real name)
I can't believe that you guys haven't flamed me for that name yet lol. I know with the max anstie guy and a couple other pro-named guys, they weren't given the best experience on the forums hahahaha. But no, that's not my real name, just my favorite rider at the time i made this account.
toonys66
Team: Privateer

Post by toonys66 »

yeah indeed, it s just a constructive critism, but otherwise it s a really fun track and i enjoy a lot riding it!! you made a good work!!!!!!!!!!!
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

i really do like the 2nd triple, i like how it shoots you high, if anything i want my triples like that throughout the season. I like how if you just coast up to it you might case it.

his triples make it feel a great distinction between a triple and just a jump from a double. But a3 had some perfect lips on its triples :P

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

I've been so busy with school I haven't even dl this track yet. I should be on the server tonight to learn/get faster on it for tomorrow. Can't wait.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

K I lied, I just did like 4 races on it, it is pretty fun, I also like the triples

Race 1 - 1:16 lap time, was told to leave my maxim51 lol! apparently I was a noob (tried letting everyone go but they kept crashin in front of me)
Race 2 - 1:09
Race 3 and 4 - 1:07

The sand messes me up, and the jump combos are a bit strange in spots, I kinda think maybe the 125 is better for this track, i'll try tonight.

Also I loop out all the time off the dragons back! :oops:
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

I dont get it how sand can mess the race on this track?
its so easy? -.-