2017 DX3 Loretta Lynn's

Organize races and post results here
Jake805
Team: RockyMountainATVMc

Re: 2017 DX3 Loretta Lynn's National Motocross Championships Announcement

Post by Jake805 »

Hey devin.. im sorry.. i screwed up rlly rlly bad w/ this. can you please add me on discord? JakeFisher270#8359

I will pay another $5.... i need your help plz (does have to do with lorettas)
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

is this a 100% payback?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

barrington314 wrote:is this a 100% payback?
No it's not.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

Ddavis wrote:
No it's not.
So what is the $5 for?
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

barrington314 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
No it's not.
So what is the $5 for?
For him hosting and for getting the prizes made and shipped out to the winners I am sure, I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that is what it is for.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

I'd rather hear from Devin. But thanks.
I don't really want to sling accusations but I guess I'll come out and just say my concern. If there is profit to be made off this event, I think that it would be considerate to PM people about using their tracks for this event.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I'm charging because there was no way I was going to spend as many hours as I do putting time into an event and not get anything from it, when you put hundreds of hours into hosting an event it almost feels like work to an extent, especially when you're going to school full-time. I can't imagine the work that the rF guys put into the event, I'm not saying hosting this is a terrible amount of work but I'd like to get something in return. By the time I'm hosting this race I'm going to be finished with school and looking for work, so I'm probably not going to have any income during that time, so a little bit of money from this event would be nice. If you or bradclay have a problem with me using a track you guys updated because you want a % of the profits then I will happily use the version I've used the past two years. Prizes still haven't been finalized, it will either be a 100% payback to the champions or #1 plates, I haven't decided. I don't know if I had too high of hopes for the event, but in terms of sign ups I'm at about 1/6th of what I thought I would be at at this point, so its hard to determine the extent of payback/prizes I will give back to the riders at this point. If there's only 10 riders in each class at LL, then I don't know how worth it it'll be to have prizes made and sent out. If there's 40 rider gates for each class, then I will try to have top notch prizes.

If this comes down to "hosting an event on a track you didn't make", then I don't know what to tell you. I have a feeling there's some people around here with a sour taste in their mouth when it comes to charging for events when its the same people who started the whole "pay-to-race" deal.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

I'm sure you know that I understand what goes into it. I have a stupid amount of time in GH and Unadilla. I'm not saying you don't deserve it. rF isn't stepping up to host it, so someone should. I think somewhere I have said before that I think you would be a great fit to keep it going like you have. All I am saying is that I think it would be respectful to at least fill us in on how you plan to use our tracks for a paid event. A little pm can go a long way.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Just my 2 cents
I dont mind throwing Devin 5 beans. I agree there should be a payout but we also dont know how many people will still sign up/pay. I say if you profit a said amount, you should repay the champs at least. Say 10 ppl per class, you could pay the champ back doubled and still be making a good profit.
IMO it should be like a prize pool type deal. Half the money per class goes to the rider/s, other half goes to you.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

barrington314 wrote:All I am saying is that I think it would be respectful to at least fill us in on how you plan to use our tracks for a paid event. A little pm can go a long way.
You're absolutely right Barrington, I thought about it for a bit and I should have PM'd the track owners to see if I can use their work. That never even went through my mind to be honest.

Atom, I was planning on doing something like $20 for 1st, $10 for 2nd, $5 for 3rd. I don't know though, we'll see.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

Atom, sorry my comment had nothing to do about me not wanting to pay $5 to race. It was more about providing the tools for other people to try to profit with, without anyone even asking. I just don't want people to start thinking that is okay.
As for this event, Devin clearly gets my point and I'm no longer concerned. It's a legit event and I think he will host it well. I don't think he's in it for the wrong reasons. So it's all good.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

barrington314 wrote:Atom, sorry my comment had nothing to do about me not wanting to pay $5 to race. It was more about providing the tools for other people to try to profit with, without anyone even asking. I just don't want people to start thinking that is okay.
As for this event, Devin clearly gets my point and I'm no longer concerned. It's a legit event and I think he will host it well. I don't think he's in it for the wrong reasons. So it's all good.
O
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Erm, I can't remember which qualifier I signed up for lol, would you mind checking?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

AHeckman2 wrote:Erm, I can't remember which qualifier I signed up for lol, would you mind checking?
Muddy Creek
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Ddavis wrote:
AHeckman2 wrote:Erm, I can't remember which qualifier I signed up for lol, would you mind checking?
Muddy Creek
thank you