2017 DX3 Loretta Lynn's

Organize races and post results here
bossman241
Team: POGO AH GO GO

Re: 2017 DX3 Loretta Lynn's - 3rd MOTOS POSTPONED TO TUESDAY JULY 18TH

Post by bossman241 »

8)
TwistedMotor dropout | POGO MX recruit hopeful | RF D Class pro | holding it tapped 1st gear
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

So small you can get balls deep into your hand. Impressive.
trey127
Team: EBR PERFORMANCE

Post by trey127 »

what track is it?
same race as day 1 or is there a day 3?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Same track as day 1.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Keep it classy.

Abear944
Team: Yogi Designs

Post by Abear944 »

Bet DDavis try taking me out twice in first two laps and then when I put you on ground cuz you riding like little bitch you kick me....makes sense. And just as I was trying to give positive feedback on this event.....bullshit move
mx201
Team: Madcape

Post by mx201 »

Thanks for hosting again! Such a sick battle Atom in 250! :D :D
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Congrats to the champions Hayden Stevenson (Schoolboy), Jakob Hubbard (250 B, 450 B), and Atom Holm (250 Pro, Open Pro).
Ddavis

Re: 2017 DX3 Loretta Lynn's

Post by Ddavis »

I have some explaining to do about what happened last night and why it happened.

The attitude of the racers is why I'm not going to be hosting this event in the future. I hosted this event for free and everybody seemed to enjoy the event, except for the ddosers who tried to ruin it along with the rF series. Apparently $5 was asking for too much money to do an area qualifier and three days of racing at Loretta's. I should have kept on schedule more than I did, but there was little changes I kept doing by request of people in the chat, well, the few people that decided to actually show up, and of course by nature there were a few people who didn't agree, perhaps the people further down in this post?

There's a lot of people who criticize the race host, not only me as a race host, but multiple race organizers in general. I think people have a horrible understanding of how much work goes into hosting an event, as Chris said recently, it doesn't matter if 4 people or 40 people show up, its the same amount of work to host the race. There was a lot of people in the races itself that were clearly bitter towards me in the way I hosted the event, not sure if it was the scheduling changes or just my attitude towards the end of the event of what, but there were a couple of riders who got kicked during the races because to be honest, my tolerance level was at 0 by the end. "Oh you're being dramatic nothing happened"... lets take a look at the event shall we?

First pro moto of the night, Tyler Frye cut me off directly out of the gate, I thought maybe he just got bumped, but he continued to try and turn into me down the start straight, looking quite obvious...

Followed up by this obvious takeout where he slows down to let me bye, get eyes on me, then blow the rut and hold it wide open into the side of me... I kicked him immediately.

Onto Alex Cunningham.... He was requesting a refund when I joked about not running the third set of motos, when I told him I was going to do the third motos, he still requested his money back. He clearly thought my event was a joke, provided by these gifs

Plus the bonus screenshot after I kicked him from the moto providing the GIFs above:

After everything that happened above, I really didn't want to continue hosting the event and felt as if nobody was taking it seriously. Early in the final moto of the night I made a mistake passing Austin Bear and high sided in a rut in front of him, then proceeded to make a clean pass on him as he was getting up from a fall, I high sided a bit on the top of the big sweeping sand berm and had to check up, so he thought it was his opportunity to just square it up and pile drive me off the berm into the other lane. If this happened without anything above leading into this, I probably wouldn't kick him, I'd be annoyed, but wouldn't kick him. The riders, specifically in the pro class, were obviously making a joke of the event, so if you're going to clearly take me out, you're probably going to be kicked from the event. Let me guess, you want your money back now Austin?

Abear944
Team: Yogi Designs

Post by Abear944 »

No actually Devin I don't want my money back. I enjoyed the event up until your took your hosting power to far. Try to make it look like you're the good guy. But hey whatever. Good event just don't abuse your powers just deal with it later in the race.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Well thanks to you guys, GG DX3 Loretta's.
T_Frye127
Team: Volcom

Post by T_Frye127 »

yeah shit like that happens when you run a shit event bud. leave the hosting to someone else
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

T_Frye127 wrote:Leave the hosting to someone else
Whoever wants to host Loretta's next year, go ahead. I'll leave the shit show to someone else, this community is so pathetic.
Creiz89
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by Creiz89 »

It´s sad that some people just showed up to ruin the event, and of course it´s difficult for a host.
On the other side, there were more people who took it seriously than people ruining it, and I think we got the really short end of the stick.

It seemed like you got so hung up on people doing stupid things, that I felt I was literally wasting both my money, and also my time towards the end.
It´s cool that you do take the time to host, but If I´m paying for and event(which rarely happens, since most do things for free), but I expect some more professionalism. Not a host that do nothing more than complaining, and changing the schedule and tracks, and making it difficult to participate.

Just my 2 cents
JNR Motorsports
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Creiz89 wrote:I felt I was literally wasting both my money, and also my time towards the end.
The past two years I've had to spend well over $100 out of my own pocket to provide a free event for you guys, only to have it ddosed to hell. I wasn't going to put that amount of effort into hosting the event for free again, so I made it pay-to-race. At this point I can't even remember what changed, I had it where the races were 15 minutes and 20 minutes (Am & Pro), then the day before the event thought it would help the racing if I made it 10 and 15 minutes, then as soon as I got into the server there were multiple people complaining in the chat (rather than complaining on here before the event started), so I changed it back. Ultimately, each moto ended up being 5 minutes longer than originally scheduled. After the first set of motos, most of the moto wins were huge runaways (specifically in the Am classes with 50+ second victories). I could tell the week was going to be boring if I did the same track on all three versions, so I made a poll asking if we should use the mud version, where a whopping 75% of you said YES over the people who said NO. Based off that poll, that was ultimately left up to the RIDERS TO DECIDE, I ran the mud version. There was the 1-2 people who didn't want to use that version, but for every 1 person against the mud version there was 4-5 who wanted to do the mud version and/or did not care. Due to the longer lap times on the mud version, I was going to changed the length of the motos, but then people complained about that because they felt as if they weren't getting their moneys worth, so I went back to the original times for the races. For the final set of motos, an average of like 4 people showed up for each class. Hundreds of hours spent doing all the scripts BY HAND, hours upon hours organizing everything, only to have 5 or so people show up for each class? What a waste of time and effort on my part more than anything else.