UNPOPULAR OPINION - Hay Bales on RF tracks

Organize races and post results here
Jkern441
Team: Privateer

UNPOPULAR OPINION - Hay Bales on RF tracks

Post by Jkern441 »

This might be an unpopular opinion, but if we are going to be racing the 2016 tracks again for the nationals. Can there maybe be reconsideration for all the haybales lining the track? In real life, they arent there. Just the yellow markers. But i can see why they are on Sim to keep people from cutting the track in easy spots. With that being said, maybe the track designers can go through and look at locations of some, idk if anyone else feels the same but some of the bales are too far onto the track and way too easy to hit when you're riding the far outside or inside of the track. Specifically on Red Bud and Hangtown. I know they are markers for the edge and maybe i should just stay in the middle more. BUT some of the ruts/jumps/obstacles send you pretty much right into some of the hay bales.
Anyways thats just my 2 cents for whatever its worth.
Thanks
podium1

Re: UNPOPULAR OPINION - Hay Bales on RF tracks

Post by podium1 »

Bales are fine imo. It's the spongebobs that get me. my bar clips when leaning into insides of some corners resulting in a legs off. rare but annoying when it does happen. There's no doubt they are needed but i agree that they should be placed more strategically instead of lining the tracks.
This is my own opinion and is not necessarily right in any way just my 2 cents
"Games fuckin Broken" -Dmull
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

We got bales at Muddy Creek in spots, sooo
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Bales aren't the issue, nor the spongebobs. The issue is when they put spongebobs so close to the inside of a rut that you hit your head on it and get legs off when you try to rail it. There's some really bad sections on Hangtown specifically.
Jkern441

Post by Jkern441 »

DBRider251 wrote:We got bales at Muddy Creek in spots, sooo
My bad then, I race the nationals in the Midwest each year (Millville, Red Bud, Ironman) & there isn't any bales. Figured all were the same
Jkern441

Post by Jkern441 »

podium1 wrote:Bales are fine imo. It's the spongebobs that get me. my bar clips when leaning into insides of some corners resulting in a legs off. rare but annoying when it does happen. There's no doubt they are needed but i agree that they should be placed more strategically instead of lining the tracks.
Yeah I forgot about the sponge bobs, I guess that's what you guys call them. But yeah those are even a bigger pain than the bales are. Some ruts you can be hitting dead on and you still clip them.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Jkern441 wrote:
podium1 wrote:Bales are fine imo. It's the spongebobs that get me. my bar clips when leaning into insides of some corners resulting in a legs off. rare but annoying when it does happen. There's no doubt they are needed but i agree that they should be placed more strategically instead of lining the tracks.
Yeah I forgot about the sponge bobs, I guess that's what you guys call them. But yeah those are even a bigger pain than the bales are. Some ruts you can be hitting dead on and you still clip them.
Ever considered they're placed like that intentionally to slow down the riders a bit and let people use their skills to avoid them? 8)
Mxguy215

Post by Mxguy215 »

Wahlamt wrote:
Jkern441 wrote:
Ever considered they're placed like that intentionally to slow down the riders a bit and let people use their skills to avoid them? 8)
^^^^

Not making any sense at all. Why have a rut then that leads you to having a fall off because of the sponge bobs?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

It makes sense to not have a rut be completely dominant. If you want to hug the tighest line, slow it down, it everyone is railing it like a slot track then its not going to make good racing, but its annoying hitting them, but at the same time I know why they're there.
podium1

Post by podium1 »

Ddavis wrote:It makes sense to not have a rut be completely dominant. If you want to hug the tighest line, slow it down, it everyone is railing it like a slot track then its not going to make good racing, but its annoying hitting them, but at the same time I know why they're there.
this being said, in most cases they would only need moving ever so slightly. I think a little more testing would fix this? I agree with the fact that they are there for a reason, but what difference will a few inches make? If the line needs slowing then roughen the entry and exit more or downsize the rut until its good. just my opinion
"Games fuckin Broken" -Dmull
Funk
Team: Braap Life

Post by Funk »

I've had problems with the 2016 tracks too, It's both bales and spongebobs for me.
One example is the inside line on Monza Hill at Redbud, you get a little too tight in there you're off the bike.
I just feel it is a legit problem in a few spots across the 2016 national tracks, but also want to add I love you guys for making tracks and skins in the first place. Thank you for all the hard work.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Mxguy215 wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:
Jkern441 wrote:
^^^^

Not making any sense at all. Why have a rut then that leads you to having a fall off because of the sponge bobs?
Not sure about you, but the most boring kinds of tracks are the ones where you lean over 90 degrees, rail the rut and nothing but the inside is even remotely worth taking. Adding a spongebob provides the need of skill, also a gain vs lose scenario, instead of just 1 dominant line.
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Wahlamt wrote: Not sure about you, but the most boring kinds of tracks are the ones where you lean over 90 degrees, rail the rut and nothing but the inside is even remotely worth taking. Adding a spongebob provides the need of skill, also a gain vs lose scenario, instead of just 1 dominant line.
I know where you´re coming from with this but its both more fun and more realistic to add more rough and difficult bumps for the inside rut instead of just making it flat and putting a spongebob in the way.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Rayvenator wrote:
Wahlamt wrote: Not sure about you, but the most boring kinds of tracks are the ones where you lean over 90 degrees, rail the rut and nothing but the inside is even remotely worth taking. Adding a spongebob provides the need of skill, also a gain vs lose scenario, instead of just 1 dominant line.
I know where you´re coming from with this but its both more fun and more realistic to add more rough and difficult bumps for the inside rut instead of just making it flat and putting a spongebob in the way.
Agreed, I do like roughness 8)