2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Organize races and post results here
mx201
Team: Madcape

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Post by mx201 »

Mxs Racer 303 wrote:ONLINE ERODE IS OUT BOYS!!
Calm down darling, I don't think RF will take on the online erode for a little bit
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
RobertPink
Team: SYS Racing

Post by RobertPink »

More of a question towards the track creators, will online erode have an different outlook on how you guys build tracks. For example will you guys make tracks smoother or tone the bumps down, along with the ruts? Or will the track be as smooth as a babies butt until people ride on it for a while?
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

RobertPink wrote:More of a question towards the track creators, will online erode have an different outlook on how you guys build tracks. For example will you guys make tracks smoother or tone the bumps down, along with the ruts? Or will the track be as smooth as a babies butt until people ride on it for a while?
Hopefully smoother than the last few monster truck sized braking bump tracks we've had.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

RobertPink wrote:More of a question towards the track creators, will online erode have an different outlook on how you guys build tracks. For example will you guys make tracks smoother or tone the bumps down, along with the ruts? Or will the track be as smooth as a babies butt until people ride on it for a while?
It'll take some time for us to learn a bit more (I've been playing with erode only basically the last 2 weeks since JLV's update that it was coming), but I would say they will have bumps or ruts on an "as needed" basis. From what I've seen after only a couple of races, braking bumps are almost not needed at all as they form quite well on their own. To create a bit more multi-line areas early in the races and for qualifying we may have to do some stuff - same with ruts really. It very well could just simply be the creator and/or rF team running a handful of laps to break the track in, saving it out with that as the terrain so it doesn't start like a highway.
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Post by Clfitty »

checkerz wrote:
It'll take some time for us to learn a bit more (I've been playing with erode only basically the last 2 weeks since JLV's update that it was coming), but I would say they will have bumps or ruts on an "as needed" basis. From what I've seen after only a couple of races, braking bumps are almost not needed at all as they form quite well on their own. To create a bit more multi-line areas early in the races and for qualifying we may have to do some stuff - same with ruts really. It very well could just simply be the creator and/or rF team running a handful of laps to break the track in, saving it out with that as the terrain so it doesn't start like a highway.
I like that idea. In the AMA series, they really only prep the start after qualifying ends, the rest of the track stays pretty close to how it is at the end of qualifying. So it would feel a bit like that off the start, then get rougher.
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

It will be hard to determine which number to set the erosion to, if its too low we might not feel the affects of it until really late into the moto, but if its even a tick too high the track will be like navigating through a junk yard by the end of the moto. Interesting to see how it plays out, hoping we don't have to deal with it for outdoors this year so there's no weird glitches that comes up mid moto.
RobertPink
Team: SYS Racing

Post by RobertPink »

Clfitty wrote:
checkerz wrote:
I like that idea. In the AMA series, they really only prep the start after qualifying ends, the rest of the track stays pretty close to how it is at the end of qualifying. So it would feel a bit like that off the start, then get rougher.
Agreeed, and thanks checkerz!
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Ddavis wrote: hoping we don't have to deal with it for outdoors this year so there's no weird glitches that comes up mid moto.
As of right now, the performance demands are too high on it to implement for outdoors, plus, we need to learn a bit more before throwing something like that into the middle of a championship.

I was already planning an off season series or two - both SX and nationals - so that'll be a good chance to do some testing without the risk of sacrificing one of our major championships.
Greeney2021
Crushed Dissenter
Team: I Make Skins

Post by Greeney2021 »

checkerz wrote:
Ddavis wrote: hoping we don't have to deal with it for outdoors this year so there's no weird glitches that comes up mid moto.
I was already planning an off season series or two - both SX and nationals - so that'll be a good chance to do some testing without the risk of sacrificing one of our major championships.
That would be dope
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

checkerz wrote:I was already planning an off season series or two - both SX and nationals
Really glad to hear this, considering the amount of bitching I've heard this year. I appreciate you guys still running series even after constant nagging and complaining.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

checkerz wrote:
As of right now, the performance demands are too high on it to implement for outdoors, plus, we need to learn a bit more before throwing something like that into the middle of a championship.

Sick Chris.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I have the medium res and my model settings are on 60 and 8 I believe, and trees that are roughly 100-200 feet away are invisible then reappear as I get closer, and with the entire track being trees its so distracting. Trying low res now to see if thats the problem. Other than that, track feels sick.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

ultralow has no trees so if the trees are reappearing for you, use ultralow. Low res still has trees.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

That is because of the different LOD jms. Instead of loading the entire model detail, the more distant trees only load a small percentage of detail. Helps with FPS, but I could see how that could be annoying too. I can make a version without the different LODs.
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

Excited to check out erode online with tracks built specifically for it. Hopefully by then the bumps from erode become more visually apparent and the performance demand becomes more reasonable, but I definitely have a new interest in sim! Glad to see you're going to be hosting some off season races chex, I'm sure they'll be about 7.5/10.