2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Organize races and post results here
Ddavis

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Post by Ddavis »

I'll further my thought on that, though. If you use erode in that section particularly, then eventually its going to be a huge 180 rut that you can hold WFO (similar to the berms you see after the finish on Budds Creek for example), instead of a section that provides plenty of different ways to get through (example: swing wide then cut across to get a nice run at the next section, or come in wide then make it a straightaway, but limit yourself in the next turn, but might be able to make passes doing it, etc)
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Ddavis wrote:I'll further my thought on that, though. If you use erode in that section particularly, then eventually its going to be a huge 180 rut that you can hold WFO (similar to the berms you see after the finish on Budds Creek for example), instead of a section that provides plenty of different ways to get through (example: swing wide then cut across to get a nice run at the next section, or come in wide then make it a straightaway, but limit yourself in the next turn, but might be able to make passes doing it, etc)
There are many ways of eliminating that from happening. You could set a max depth for the ruts to keep them from forming as tall in the corner, then taper the depth down to keep line selection open. Everything is controlled through the tilemap so there are endless adjustments that can be made.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Let's all beg for online erode and then when JLV finally makes it happen, let's not even use it.
MOTO NATIOM112
Team: PoGo

Post by MOTO NATIOM112 »

Ddavis wrote:We should take a section that requires throttle control and passing opportunities and turn it into a big rut/wall to rail wide open. Great idea Atom! I still stand by what I said with leaving erode off of SX tracks.
I don't know how much online erode you've been playing, but every rut that forms has a little chop in it. So I highly doubt we'll be able to keep it 4th pegged through a rut.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

No rut in track. Stop t-bone lines. bad.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

AHeckman2 wrote:Just wondering on an ETA for Ironman?
I'm thinking probably morning. Race had an issue transporting his system back to school so the decals were getting finished this evening I believe.

Unless Stephen is cranking it out late tonight, I'd expect it in the morning.

I've been slammed all week, so sorry my update isn't definitive. Just trying to give what bit I have.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

checkerz wrote:
AHeckman2 wrote:Just wondering on an ETA for Ironman?
I'm thinking probably morning. Race had an issue transporting his system back to school so the decals were getting finished this evening I believe.
Unless Stephen is cranking it out late tonight, I'd expect it in the morning.
I've been slammed all week, so sorry my update isn't definitive. Just trying to give what bit I have.
Thanks for the update! :)
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Ddavis wrote:We should take a section that requires throttle control and passing opportunities and turn it into a big rut/wall to rail wide open. Great idea Atom! I still stand by what I said with leaving erode off of SX tracks.
Not sure where you got this from, lol.
I didn't mean like that but something that we can sorta bank off of like '14 Phoenix (only example I can remember even though it isnt the best)
Not mandatory to take but just think it would be something cool.
Panic_rev151
Team: Relax Attire

Post by Panic_rev151 »

Eager and curious to see how erode will work with supi and how we can adjust the erode to get it to gel with the flow of the track
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

There's no ruts in that gif Atom. There's softer unused dirt on the outside, while the inside is blue groove. If the erode has a limit where the berm can only get to be a specific height, then yes it would be pretty cool. If the rut gets to be the size of a berm, no point in doing it.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

DDD,
It clear u no much not bout road. No speak boot road more.
dylangatlin876
Team: MotoChasin

Post by dylangatlin876 »

checkerz wrote:DDD,
It clear u no much not bout road. No speak boot road more.
Why do they call me Dildo?
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

This is a better example. Keep in mind thats last lap. I couldn't imagine racing with breaking bumps/ruts like that, would be too sick.
dylangatlin876
Team: MotoChasin

Post by dylangatlin876 »

Atom6246 wrote:This is a better example. Keep in mind thats last lap. I couldn't imagine racing with breaking bumps/ruts like that, would be too sick.
Agreed
Why do they call me Dildo?
Andreasber

Post by Andreasber »

dylangatlin876 wrote:
Atom6246 wrote:This is a better example. Keep in mind thats last lap. I couldn't imagine racing with breaking bumps/ruts like that, would be too sick.
Agreed
Agreed
2016 Brasilian 250 Champion | 2017 rF Amateur 2nd OA | 2017 MXSIM CUP 1st OA