2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Organize races and post results here
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Post by Clfitty »

Andreasber wrote:
dylangatlin876 wrote:
Atom6246 wrote:This is a better example. Keep in mind thats last lap. I couldn't imagine racing with breaking bumps/ruts like that, would be too sick.
Agreed
Agreed
Agreed
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I disagree. It's braking bumps. :P
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

I hope you know there are more updates to be done for erode before we use it for rf..
Burdine421

Post by Burdine421 »

Clfitty wrote:
Andreasber wrote:
dylangatlin876 wrote:
Agreed
Agreed
Agreed
Agreed
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I agree that's a better example Atom.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I'll add by saying if erode can create thinner ruts than we've seen in the test servers, I'd be more into the idea of having it on an SX track (yes I know you can change that stuff). If the ruts are 10 feet wide, then it doesn't belong on an SX track, but if the ruts form pretty thin, then it could work out good.
Panic_rev151
Team: Relax Attire

Post by Panic_rev151 »

All I can say is, Race is a dodo head. You gotta read the package label :cry: :wink:
Matias43_

Post by Matias43_ »

Just add ruts while making the track lol, unless erode goes perfect with sx this offseason i dont recommend using it for 2018 sx.
Burdine421

Post by Burdine421 »

Matias43_ wrote:Just add ruts while making the track lol, unless erode goes perfect with sx this offseason i dont recommend using it for 2018 sx.
are you scared
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I think scared is the last emotion that comes to mind.
Matias43_

Post by Matias43_ »

Burdine421 wrote:
Matias43_ wrote:Just add ruts while making the track lol, unless erode goes perfect with sx this offseason i dont recommend using it for 2018 sx.
are you scared
Lol christian :lol: no im not scared i just dont think supercross needs erode. ive already done test races with people on 17 tracks and it just doesnt work. Around lap 10 the track is pretty sick with clean ruts, but after that it just gets so deteriorated that it doesnt even make it fun. I understand that they can set up erode differentley for different sections and i hope that works out during offseason so that it is actually race-able
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Great idea... lets put a rut in the first corner, that'd be great for first laps.

Do you remember '14 St. Louis (I think?)? Premade ruts will never compare to erode.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Matias43_ wrote:
Burdine421 wrote:
are you scared
Lol christian :lol: no im not scared i just dont think supercross needs erode. ive already done test races with people on 17 tracks and it just doesnt work. Around lap 10 the track is pretty sick with clean ruts, but after that it just gets so deteriorated that it doesnt even make it fun. I understand that they can set up erode differentley for different sections and i hope that works out during offseason so that it is actually race-able
Keep in mind the 17 SX tracks may have erode on them, but they aren't by any means using tileinfo files utilizing more than a default setting.

Once JLV has made some progress on the jump lip kicker problem, we'll get into more testing. It won't be gnarly erode like nationals, but there is definitely a place for erode in SX.
Schuler523
Team: Team Volcom

Post by Schuler523 »

For erode to be truly sick and work properly in this game there needs to be three different types of erode. Braking bumps, jumps and turns.

Breaking bumps... they need to be farther apart and not as sharp as what we have seen so far. The tiny choppy stuff we have seen so far dosent work with this game. They need to be more spaced and smooth. Jus like the way the rf boys pre make them.

Jumps... they need to be narrow and smooth but able to be deep. So far i have seen ruts up jumps that have chop and breaking bumps in them as you go up. Not good for these game physics.

Corners... need to also be narrow and smooth but able to be deep. Ive seen some so far turn out pretty sick. But if half way through the 40 or 20 man moto its unrideable, it will not be fun and be horrible for racing.

Need to find a way to make the erode come out as smooth as the premade tracks. That way no mater the size, depth, or amount of ruts will make the track unracable at the end of the moto. We dont want a survival game. We want a racing game
chaseb31
Team: BPC | let's get it

Post by chaseb31 »

All this Sx talk, and we haven't even got Indi yet lol :D :) :(
Chase Blakely | Oregon Based