2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Organize races and post results here
User avatar
blind bryan
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:28 am
Location: San Diego

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Postby blind bryan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Really hope ams comes back next year. I feel like its trending in the wrong direction right now. I think the other series are cool and i'm glad their doing them, but I really enjoy racing the rF tracks.

It'll be a big loss to a lot of guys if they don't do ams next year. Especially if we get online erode. Its a bummer that lack of interest and bad attitudes on the part of some of the racers ruin it for the whole group.

User avatar
checkerz
Posts: 7717
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:23 am
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Postby checkerz » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:20 pm

A lot of assumptions based on a few words.

It started towards the tail side of SX (we literally had 1 rider I believe in a 250 Am SX event at one point) and hasn't really gotten a ton better outdoors.

The fact is, if the demand isn't there; then the series won't be there. Whether 6 people who up or 40 show up, it takes the same amount of effort to run the series on our side.

Not saying Ams are complaining or anything wrong with Ams. If you didn't know; the few times I do race, I am an Amateur these days and race those events. Of course I don't want to see them gone because I refuse to be the guy getting in the way of the pros.

CeeJayHDz
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:05 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Postby CeeJayHDz » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:36 pm

2012 style tracks will rebirth sim
Image

User avatar
Hi Im Skyqe
Posts: 2488
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:52 pm
Team: wat

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Postby Hi Im Skyqe » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:48 pm

CeeJayHDz wrote:2012 style tracks will rebirth sim


Nah tracks being changed wouldn't be enough... Something big needs to happen.

I think it has to do with the fact that Sim hasn't been updated enough to keep people engaged. Need updates and new features to spark peoples interest. This has been happening slowly for the past few years but it seems lately a larger amount of people have been losing interest.

User avatar
Clfitty
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:49 am

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Postby Clfitty » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:25 pm

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
CeeJayHDz wrote:2012 style tracks will rebirth sim


Nah tracks being changed wouldn't be enough... Something big needs to happen.

I think it has to do with the fact that Sim hasn't been updated enough to keep people engaged. Need updates and new features to spark peoples interest. This has been happening slowly for the past few years but it seems lately a larger amount of people have been losing interest.


The game has no big community aspect to it. The forums have no real interaction. I think social changes would be huge for this game. I could go on about the game engine/features/etc. but the social part would be huge.

User avatar
Hi Im Skyqe
Posts: 2488
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:52 pm
Team: wat

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Postby Hi Im Skyqe » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:44 pm

Clfitty wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
CeeJayHDz wrote:2012 style tracks will rebirth sim


Nah tracks being changed wouldn't be enough... Something big needs to happen.

I think it has to do with the fact that Sim hasn't been updated enough to keep people engaged. Need updates and new features to spark peoples interest. This has been happening slowly for the past few years but it seems lately a larger amount of people have been losing interest.


The game has no big community aspect to it. The forums have no real interaction. I think social changes would be huge for this game. I could go on about the game engine/features/etc. but the social part would be huge.


That is because the majority of the community is gone and what part of the community is left doesn't have interest in posting. I guess it's also the age where forums are less prevalent than they were five years ago. You are relatively new to the community so you missed when MXS was really big. There used to be lots of interaction on the forums and many content creators making content, etc. Lets face it, MXS doesn't have the following it once had. Not shooting down your thoughts on community interaction as it definitely isn't perfect, but I just think small changes at this stage in the game aren't going to cut it.

This is rather crude comparison but you should understand the point I am making..
Image

Make a splash JLV, give us online erode and visual enhancements!

maggett
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:05 pm
Team: Architech
Contact:

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Postby maggett » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:56 pm

probably cuz the game used to be free after you got it :lol: :lol:
Image

CeeJayHDz
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:05 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Postby CeeJayHDz » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:57 pm

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
Clfitty wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
Nah tracks being changed wouldn't be enough... Something big needs to happen.

I think it has to do with the fact that Sim hasn't been updated enough to keep people engaged. Need updates and new features to spark peoples interest. This has been happening slowly for the past few years but it seems lately a larger amount of people have been losing interest.


The game has no big community aspect to it. The forums have no real interaction. I think social changes would be huge for this game. I could go on about the game engine/features/etc. but the social part would be huge.


That is because the majority of the community is gone and what part of the community is left doesn't have interest in posting. I guess it's also the age where forums are less prevalent than they were five years ago. You are relatively new to the community so you missed when MXS was really big. There used to be lots of interaction on the forums and many content creators making content, etc. Lets face it, MXS doesn't have the following it once had. Not shooting down your thoughts on community interaction as it definitely isn't perfect, but I just think small changes at this stage in the game aren't going to cut it.

This is rather crude comparison but you should understand the point I am making..
Image

Make a splash JLV, give us online erode and visual enhancements!


I'm just gonna throw this out there... pay to race has killed it

*grabs popcorn*
Image

User avatar
Matias43_
Posts: 994
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:38 am
Team: MV Films
Location: NJ

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Postby Matias43_ » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:26 am

CeeJayHDz wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
Clfitty wrote:
The game has no big community aspect to it. The forums have no real interaction. I think social changes would be huge for this game. I could go on about the game engine/features/etc. but the social part would be huge.


That is because the majority of the community is gone and what part of the community is left doesn't have interest in posting. I guess it's also the age where forums are less prevalent than they were five years ago. You are relatively new to the community so you missed when MXS was really big. There used to be lots of interaction on the forums and many content creators making content, etc. Lets face it, MXS doesn't have the following it once had. Not shooting down your thoughts on community interaction as it definitely isn't perfect, but I just think small changes at this stage in the game aren't going to cut it.

This is rather crude comparison but you should understand the point I am making..
Image

Make a splash JLV, give us online erode and visual enhancements!


I'm just gonna throw this out there... pay to race has killed it

*grabs popcorn*


Emf is pay to race as well tho right
Image

User avatar
Hi Im Skyqe
Posts: 2488
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:52 pm
Team: wat

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Postby Hi Im Skyqe » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:35 am

CeeJayHDz wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
Clfitty wrote:
The game has no big community aspect to it. The forums have no real interaction. I think social changes would be huge for this game. I could go on about the game engine/features/etc. but the social part would be huge.


That is because the majority of the community is gone and what part of the community is left doesn't have interest in posting. I guess it's also the age where forums are less prevalent than they were five years ago. You are relatively new to the community so you missed when MXS was really big. There used to be lots of interaction on the forums and many content creators making content, etc. Lets face it, MXS doesn't have the following it once had. Not shooting down your thoughts on community interaction as it definitely isn't perfect, but I just think small changes at this stage in the game aren't going to cut it.

This is rather crude comparison but you should understand the point I am making..
Image

Make a splash JLV, give us online erode and visual enhancements!


I'm just gonna throw this out there... pay to race has killed it

*grabs popcorn*


2016 SX wasn't paid so why isn't that date sometime in 2016 SX?

User avatar
MOTOZ293
Posts: 1590
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:17 pm
Team: VersusPc/FAMmx
Location: Ohio

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Postby MOTOZ293 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:39 am

CeeJayHDz wrote:I'm just gonna throw this out there... pay to race has killed it

*grabs popcorn*

Its no different than DLC in a console game. You dont have to race, and there are plenty of free things to download.
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:Something big needs to happen.

2.0 Update???
Image

chaseb31
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:33 am
Team: BPC | Oregon Goods
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Postby chaseb31 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:50 am

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
CeeJayHDz wrote:2012 style tracks will rebirth sim


Nah tracks being changed wouldn't be enough... Something big needs to happen.

I think it has to do with the fact that Sim hasn't been updated enough to keep people engaged. Need updates and new features to spark peoples interest. This has been happening slowly for the past few years but it seems lately a larger amount of people have been losing interest.
Chase Blakely | Oregon Goods

User avatar
Atom6246
Posts: 2999
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:28 am
Location: Florida

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Postby Atom6246 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:02 am

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
CeeJayHDz wrote:2012 style tracks will rebirth sim


Nah tracks being changed wouldn't be enough... Something big needs to happen.

I think it has to do with the fact that Sim hasn't been updated enough to keep people engaged. Need updates and new features to spark peoples interest. This has been happening slowly for the past few years but it seems lately a larger amount of people have been losing interest.

JETPACKS!
Check out my YouTube channel by clicking the pic below!
Image

User avatar
checkerz
Posts: 7717
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:23 am
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Postby checkerz » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:50 am

CeeJayHDz wrote:
I'm just gonna throw this out there... pay to race has killed it

*grabs popcorn*

You're not wrong entirely - it has had an effect, but it's also not really a fair statement either.

Why? Without the organizations that are charging to race it would've never gotten as big.

While racing in your statement is what is needed to keep the game alive, those holding races were far from the first to charge. Paying for racing was done because of others charging for content. Why work yourass off for free so others can profit?

If charging to race is killing the game, then no racing from those organizations would've been like a nuclear weapon going off. No one is willing to do the work for free. If they were, they would be and paid racing would be dead. Want to kill paid racing? Offer something equally as good or better for free. Good luck, I'll be waiting to be the first to sign up and support it.

The class sizes dropped more this year than last year when paid racing started, so I guess just paid racing hasn't been the only thing to blame. Games die, but because if a bunch of talented modelers, skinners, track builders, racers, streamers, website creators, race hosts, media creators, etc it has outlasted most titles. Unfortunately, it would take something massive to bring a lot of people back or something else big to bring in enough new guys to replace the old ones.

User avatar
checkerz
Posts: 7717
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:23 am
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Postby checkerz » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:53 am

CeeJayHDz wrote:2012 style tracks will rebirth sim

You are wrong on this one. It might make you happy and the game more of a challenge again for the 1/2% that can do what you do, but to rebirth you need new faces...

Go look at comments and media from newer players. It's on big, fast, jumpy, unrealistic tracks. The more challenge the less they are interested.


Return to “Racing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests