2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Organize races and post results here
Dunivant25

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Post by Dunivant25 »

Awesome to have so many guys come out for the 1st Stream of the season! Was some hickups, but we will get it under control. Went up 40 followers as well today! The Recaps will be posted by tomorrow afternoon!
blind bryan

Post by blind bryan »

Dunivant25 wrote:Awesome to have so many guys come out for the 1st Stream of the season! Was some hickups, but we will get it under control. Went up 40 followers as well today! The Recaps will be posted by tomorrow afternoon!
Thanks for streaming man, ill have to go back and watch it today. I was going to watch 450s but its hard after a frustrating race haha.
DonaldH
Team: Ginger Snap Racing

Post by DonaldH »

first time racing the 450, it was rough timed out first moto, so to be safe dropped graphics all the way down for moto 2 wasnt used to the ground detail and sucked it up. still had a good time, looking forward to the next few rounds. tried my best to be a good lapper thanks for the fun racing!
#155 Privateer AM
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Interesting test. Personally I go into team files and rename anyone I don't really care to see on the line (sorry guys), but its the only way I can download team skins and still enjoy racing without timing out :lol:

Anyways, I went and tried to rewatch moto 1 from hangtown with 4 different ways of having skins.

Skins (Roughly 12 riders from 4 different teams) + Replacement pack for FC450, KTM450, and YZ450 - 1 minute and 2 seconds before I loaded into the demo.

Skins (Roughly 12 riders from 4 different teams) + NO Replacement pack for FC450, KTM450, and YZ450 - 58 seconds before I loaded into the demo.

NO SKINS, NO REPLACEMENT PACK - 5 seconds

Replacement pack only NO SKINS - 10 seconds

Not sure how consistent this is, but I tried taking out one of the team packs out one at a time, then would re-add it and take out another team and suddenly it took 10 seconds to load in each time, then I added everyone's packs all together and it only took 10 seconds, when earlier it took over a minute. Not sure how consistent these tests compare to actually joining a server, maybe the tech gurus around here know.
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

Interesting test Davis! Id like to hear from
The tech guys on this!
Phil Doyon #423
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

Livestream from last night is now up! Enjoy!

Matias43_

Post by Matias43_ »

amazing what adjusting your stability could do lol. never even thought about how lose my setup was for outdoors, finally raised my lock angle and limit angle and holllyyy cow what a difference. i can actually enjoy playing outdoors and not crashing ever other turn. if anyone struggles outdoors try that lol. bring on helen!!!!
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Wow Matias that actually helps a lot :shock:
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Do you mind sharing what you had it before and what you changed it to?
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Ddavis wrote:Do you mind sharing what you had it before and what you changed it to?
I just bumped mine up a couple clicks each, have it set at 60 and 7 now. Was at 56 and 6.something.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Alright, my lock angle is at 6.50 and my limit angle is at 75.
Matias43_

Post by Matias43_ »

AHeckman2 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:Do you mind sharing what you had it before and what you changed it to?
I just bumped mine up a couple clicks each, have it set at 60 and 7 now. Was at 56 and 6.something.
Yeah no prob. I changed my roll limit angle from 32 to 40. Then the one that helped big time was changing my restricted lock angle from 22.5 to 30.5
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

I have 60 and 6.50

I did several tests in the last month and i cant play woth a high restricted when i use a high roll (60)

I guess it works for mathias because he use a lower roll (40)
Ddavis wrote:Alright, my lock angle is at 6.50 and my limit angle is at 75.
Phil Doyon #423
Matias43_

Post by Matias43_ »

RXR_Banjo wrote:I have 60 and 6.50

I did several tests in the last month and i cant play woth a high restricted when i use a high roll (60)

I guess it works for mathias because he use a lower roll (40)
Ddavis wrote:Alright, my lock angle is at 6.50 and my limit angle is at 75.
Yeah i run Dennis's stability so its a little weird and also very loose lol. So my numbers probably wont be around what you guys had to start with. Like i went from 32 limit and 22 restr lock angle to 40 and 30 which is a little different than you guys had. Raising the restricted lock angle is the one that mostly helped because i would usually just wash out a lot and get weird wobbles from it. Was never able to do a whole session without crashing until after changing those settings lol. And yeah what phil said, i think the higher restricted lock works for me only because my roll limit angle is so much lower than you guys
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

Ddavis wrote:Interesting test. Personally I go into team files and rename anyone I don't really care to see on the line (sorry guys), but its the only way I can download team skins and still enjoy racing without timing out :lol:

Anyways, I went and tried to rewatch moto 1 from hangtown with 4 different ways of having skins.

Skins (Roughly 12 riders from 4 different teams) + Replacement pack for FC450, KTM450, and YZ450 - 1 minute and 2 seconds before I loaded into the demo.

Skins (Roughly 12 riders from 4 different teams) + NO Replacement pack for FC450, KTM450, and YZ450 - 58 seconds before I loaded into the demo.

NO SKINS, NO REPLACEMENT PACK - 5 seconds

Replacement pack only NO SKINS - 10 seconds

Not sure how consistent this is, but I tried taking out one of the team packs out one at a time, then would re-add it and take out another team and suddenly it took 10 seconds to load in each time, then I added everyone's packs all together and it only took 10 seconds, when earlier it took over a minute. Not sure how consistent these tests compare to actually joining a server, maybe the tech gurus around here know.
JLV should create a toggle to do this then, so that you can easily have everyone's skins for replays/videos, but for live race can just force default for everyone but yourself. I suppose you would lose the ability to show specific people that way tho...