2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Organize races and post results here
blind bryan

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Post by blind bryan »

Really hope ams comes back next year. I feel like its trending in the wrong direction right now. I think the other series are cool and i'm glad their doing them, but I really enjoy racing the rF tracks.

It'll be a big loss to a lot of guys if they don't do ams next year. Especially if we get online erode. Its a bummer that lack of interest and bad attitudes on the part of some of the racers ruin it for the whole group.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

A lot of assumptions based on a few words.

It started towards the tail side of SX (we literally had 1 rider I believe in a 250 Am SX event at one point) and hasn't really gotten a ton better outdoors.

The fact is, if the demand isn't there; then the series won't be there. Whether 6 people who up or 40 show up, it takes the same amount of effort to run the series on our side.

Not saying Ams are complaining or anything wrong with Ams. If you didn't know; the few times I do race, I am an Amateur these days and race those events. Of course I don't want to see them gone because I refuse to be the guy getting in the way of the pros.
CeeJayHDz
Team: Privateer

Post by CeeJayHDz »

2012 style tracks will rebirth sim
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

CeeJayHDz wrote:2012 style tracks will rebirth sim
Nah tracks being changed wouldn't be enough... Something big needs to happen.

I think it has to do with the fact that Sim hasn't been updated enough to keep people engaged. Need updates and new features to spark peoples interest. This has been happening slowly for the past few years but it seems lately a larger amount of people have been losing interest.
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Post by Clfitty »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:

I think it has to do with the fact that Sim hasn't been updated enough to keep people engaged. Need updates and new features to spark peoples interest. This has been happening slowly for the past few years but it seems lately a larger amount of people have been losing interest.
The game has no big community aspect to it. The forums have no real interaction. I think social changes would be huge for this game. I could go on about the game engine/features/etc. but the social part would be huge.
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Clfitty wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:

The game has no big community aspect to it. The forums have no real interaction. I think social changes would be huge for this game. I could go on about the game engine/features/etc. but the social part would be huge.
That is because the majority of the community is gone and what part of the community is left doesn't have interest in posting. I guess it's also the age where forums are less prevalent than they were five years ago. You are relatively new to the community so you missed when MXS was really big. There used to be lots of interaction on the forums and many content creators making content, etc. Lets face it, MXS doesn't have the following it once had. Not shooting down your thoughts on community interaction as it definitely isn't perfect, but I just think small changes at this stage in the game aren't going to cut it.

This is rather crude comparison but you should understand the point I am making..

Make a splash JLV, give us online erode and visual enhancements!
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

probably cuz the game used to be free after you got it :lol: :lol:
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
CeeJayHDz
Team: Privateer

Post by CeeJayHDz »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
Clfitty wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:

That is because the majority of the community is gone and what part of the community is left doesn't have interest in posting. I guess it's also the age where forums are less prevalent than they were five years ago. You are relatively new to the community so you missed when MXS was really big. There used to be lots of interaction on the forums and many content creators making content, etc. Lets face it, MXS doesn't have the following it once had. Not shooting down your thoughts on community interaction as it definitely isn't perfect, but I just think small changes at this stage in the game aren't going to cut it.

This is rather crude comparison but you should understand the point I am making..

I'm just gonna throw this out there... pay to race has killed it

*grabs popcorn*
Matias43_

Post by Matias43_ »

CeeJayHDz wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
Clfitty wrote:

*grabs popcorn*
Emf is pay to race as well tho right
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

CeeJayHDz wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
Clfitty wrote:

*grabs popcorn*
2016 SX wasn't paid so why isn't that date sometime in 2016 SX?
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

CeeJayHDz wrote:I'm just gonna throw this out there... pay to race has killed it

*grabs popcorn*
Its no different than DLC in a console game. You dont have to race, and there are plenty of free things to download.
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:Something big needs to happen.
2.0 Update???
chaseb31
Team: BPC | let's get it

Post by chaseb31 »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:

Chase Blakely | Oregon Based
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:

JETPACKS!
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

CeeJayHDz wrote:

*grabs popcorn*
You're not wrong entirely - it has had an effect, but it's also not really a fair statement either.

Why? Without the organizations that are charging to race it would've never gotten as big.

While racing in your statement is what is needed to keep the game alive, those holding races were far from the first to charge. Paying for racing was done because of others charging for content. Why work yourass off for free so others can profit?

If charging to race is killing the game, then no racing from those organizations would've been like a nuclear weapon going off. No one is willing to do the work for free. If they were, they would be and paid racing would be dead. Want to kill paid racing? Offer something equally as good or better for free. Good luck, I'll be waiting to be the first to sign up and support it.

The class sizes dropped more this year than last year when paid racing started, so I guess just paid racing hasn't been the only thing to blame. Games die, but because if a bunch of talented modelers, skinners, track builders, racers, streamers, website creators, race hosts, media creators, etc it has outlasted most titles. Unfortunately, it would take something massive to bring a lot of people back or something else big to bring in enough new guys to replace the old ones.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

You are wrong on this one. It might make you happy and the game more of a challenge again for the 1/2% that can do what you do, but to rebirth you need new faces...

Go look at comments and media from newer players. It's on big, fast, jumpy, unrealistic tracks. The more challenge the less they are interested.