2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Organize races and post results here
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Post by DBRider251 »

As an Am, I'm tired of pros constantly running better laps, making me push my limits and wreck more. I definitely want them out of the servers that the slower ams are trying to qualify in. It makes it harder on us!

Im completely joking. Separate servers will be nice when Wheels gets a chance to add them. It would be nice to allow Ams into those servers, but have them in warmup. I like to watch them to see the fast lines.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Cummings55
Team: RFORCE8

Post by Cummings55 »

I have only briefly read this discussion about split qualifying servers and I don't know if it has been mentioned but I think it would be great if rF could sit down and split the riders up into a respective A,B,C class for 450/250. Granted, that would take a good amount of time and examination, but I think it may solve a couple more issues with difference in speed, consistency, track awareness, yadayada.

For now, I'm in agreement with DBRider, it would be awesome to still allow the ams to connect to pro servers but in warmup.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Pro only servers and Amateur only servers (Specifically for riders only signed up as well) would be great.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Hangtown and Glen Helen were really sick, best versions of the track by far. I think Lakewood is way off the mark, just my thoughts. I've enjoyed previous versions of Lakewood (all the way back to 2011) due to its variety in lines and being able to be creative with your line choice. Lakewood has like one really good main line with ruts the size of a mini van, with a few ruts that are either impossible to get into or just suck in general and can't compete with the main line. The track turns into a slot car track, especially with the "smoothened" style of sections this year. There's a lot of ams that are saying "I can actually play the track and not have to memorize the bumps!", and I don't think that should be a positive. We're racing at the elite level on this game and I think the tracks should be technical and rough, not follow the leader 10 foot high berms riding around the track. I know we're lucky to have tracks at all, but there should eventually be a "pro" version of the track and "am" version of the track. The pro track can be rough with challenging ruts and bumps, while the am track can be the simplified version of tracks it feels like we're getting this year. I'll add that I don't think Lakewood is a bad track, although you'll probably argue with that statement when you read everything I just posted, but I do think the track is fun, but not for racing. We'll see how it plays out tomorrow, but like Glen Helen, I think its going to be "get a good start and follow everyone around the 10 foot high talladega berms". I don't know if anyone agrees, since I'm the one who said it, probably nobody agrees.
rmitch524
Team: Jack Daniel's Racing

Post by rmitch524 »

I do not agree
2019 RF EU Iron Man Moto 1 Champion
Tlangs daddy 2020 RF EU SouthWick
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Meh, I like the track, I feel the racing is better when its a tad on the easier side, creates more battles. Instead of constantly worrying about not crashing, you can actually focus on battling. And besides, there are still a couple technical sections on the track that continue to catch me off guard -_- I'm pleased with all 3 tracks so far this year! Keep it up rF crew
CeeJayHDz
Team: Privateer

Post by CeeJayHDz »

I haven't bought the pass for outdoors this year just mainly due to my dislikening of the tracks, it probably wont be a popular opinion but i feel the tracks are just going backwards, 2012 and 2015 versions in my opinion were the best nationals tracks made for this game.
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

i just dont understand why there are no acceleration bumps or bumps along the straits or anywhere apart from right before you enter a rut. not overly huge bumps just a bit of choppyness

the 2015 tracks feels like motocross this feels like riding play-doh with jumps. after hangtown and glen helen thought it was getting back to more realism
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

Ddavis wrote:Hangtown and Glen Helen were really sick, best versions of the track by far. I think Lakewood is way off the mark, just my thoughts. I've enjoyed previous versions of Lakewood (all the way back to 2011) due to its variety in lines and being able to be creative with your line choice. Lakewood has like one really good main line with ruts the size of a mini van, with a few ruts that are either impossible to get into or just suck in general and can't compete with the main line. The track turns into a slot car track, especially with the "smoothened" style of sections this year. There's a lot of ams that are saying "I can actually play the track and not have to memorize the bumps!", and I don't think that should be a positive. We're racing at the elite level on this game and I think the tracks should be technical and rough, not follow the leader 10 foot high berms riding around the track. I know we're lucky to have tracks at all, but there should eventually be a "pro" version of the track and "am" version of the track. The pro track can be rough with challenging ruts and bumps, while the am track can be the simplified version of tracks it feels like we're getting this year. I'll add that I don't think Lakewood is a bad track, although you'll probably argue with that statement when you read everything I just posted, but I do think the track is fun, but not for racing. We'll see how it plays out tomorrow, but like Glen Helen, I think its going to be "get a good start and follow everyone around the 10 foot high talladega berms". I don't know if anyone agrees, since I'm the one who said it, probably nobody agrees.
I support this
Bryce#313

Post by Bryce#313 »

ROSE822 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:Hangtown and Glen Helen were really sick, best versions of the track by far. I think Lakewood is way off the mark, just my thoughts. I've enjoyed previous versions of Lakewood (all the way back to 2011) due to its variety in lines and being able to be creative with your line choice. Lakewood has like one really good main line with ruts the size of a mini van, with a few ruts that are either impossible to get into or just suck in general and can't compete with the main line. The track turns into a slot car track, especially with the "smoothened" style of sections this year. There's a lot of ams that are saying "I can actually play the track and not have to memorize the bumps!", and I don't think that should be a positive. We're racing at the elite level on this game and I think the tracks should be technical and rough, not follow the leader 10 foot high berms riding around the track. I know we're lucky to have tracks at all, but there should eventually be a "pro" version of the track and "am" version of the track. The pro track can be rough with challenging ruts and bumps, while the am track can be the simplified version of tracks it feels like we're getting this year. I'll add that I don't think Lakewood is a bad track, although you'll probably argue with that statement when you read everything I just posted, but I do think the track is fun, but not for racing. We'll see how it plays out tomorrow, but like Glen Helen, I think its going to be "get a good start and follow everyone around the 10 foot high talladega berms". I don't know if anyone agrees, since I'm the one who said it, probably nobody agrees.
I support this
I do find some of the ruts large, but imo there is quite a few lines that are similar in speed around the track. For example me and Colton are running similar lap times and are running around 6 different lines.
kxalex31
Team: Evergood

Post by kxalex31 »

I've really been liking the tracks this year. Just on thunder valley I've found so many different lines that are the same speed and could be used in a battle situation. I know Chex and all the rf guys really work hard on making a track multi-lined and not just a goat trail and I really think they hit the perfect spot on thunder valley.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Come to think of it, the racing might not be so bad because I just went through the entire track in my head and I will change my opinion to the fact there's quite a few lines you can use in racing situations, however I stand by my theory that it becomes extremely one lined in qualifying at the very least. I've found myself getting out of the "main line" and hitting an alternate rut on a lap and it ends up being way slower, in the races it's not a big deal but in qualifying its frustrating for sure.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Ddavis wrote:Come to think of it, the racing might not be so bad because I just went through the entire track in my head and I will change my opinion to the fact there's quite a few lines you can use in racing situations, however I stand by my theory that it becomes extremely one lined in qualifying at the very least. I've found myself getting out of the "main line" and hitting an alternate rut on a lap and it ends up being way slower, in the races it's not a big deal but in qualifying its frustrating for sure.
If you learn the technique to the lines on the track and not just stick to one specific line every lap you will find that there is very little to no difference speed wise once you get used to hitting them properly..
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

Yeh davis i agree with skype, when you learn your way around the track with others lines they are just as fast! Me and my friend were using alot of different lines and they were really equal!
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
Ddavis wrote:Come to think of it, the racing might not be so bad because I just went through the entire track in my head and I will change my opinion to the fact there's quite a few lines you can use in racing situations, however I stand by my theory that it becomes extremely one lined in qualifying at the very least. I've found myself getting out of the "main line" and hitting an alternate rut on a lap and it ends up being way slower, in the races it's not a big deal but in qualifying its frustrating for sure.
If you learn the technique to the lines on the track and not just stick to one specific line every lap you will find that there is very little to no difference speed wise once you get used to hitting them properly..
Phil Doyon #423
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

Hmm rf can't seem to win. Last year everyone complained saying thunder valley was to rough, so chris decides to make it less rough, and now it's not rough enough. Make up your minds boys and girls.