2010 Supercross Series Rd 10 - Thursday Night Mar 11

Organize races and post results here
Jake_413

Re: 2010 Supercross Series Rd 10 - Thursday Night Mar 11

Post by Jake_413 »

fun fun track. good recovery from last week in my opinion. but favorite sand by far the rut it perfect but you dont wash out you just like "spin" lik ereal life..
good job 1 of the best yet.
FMXIAN wrote:DJ I Swear If You Were My Dog I Would Put You Down
HA^

Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

jlv wrote:
Garasaki wrote:It's an interesting analysis to look at this track and determine WHY it feels so much more fun then the other tracks.
I didn't think the design was that good because of all the less than 90 degree turns which generally result in only one usable line. I obviously misjudged it. Maybe it's the combination of good passing lanes funneling into single line sections that works well? Another possibility is simply more room since it's a CFL field.
I agree that the problem with this layout is many of the corners will be 1 lined. This may not be so obvious until race day. Even if the corners are 1 lined, they are still fun.

A number of things I've identified in the past manifest themselves on this track:

1) A variety of speeds
2) Fun corners, all of which are different
3) Minimalized whoop sections
4) Few "dead" straights (straights with only 1 obstical, ie whoops, a double, a triple, or even just a flat straight)

And 1 thing that I think really sets this track apart, is how "compartmentalized" it feels - there are no long, straight sections. Even the rhythms have a subtle curve to them. It never feels monotanous, because the corners are never (rarely) separated by more then 2 jumps.

So you are always turning. The layout feels more like a flowing national almost.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

The textures, along with some of the track parts, remind me of Paradise raceway
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Didn't think about that before, but I can see it now that you mentioned it. Especially the two curved straights.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Race day track change prediction:

Raised humps on the insides of the chicane corners (to eliminate 1 lined riding thru them)
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
sam351

Post by sam351 »

Track = Awesome

The some really interesting sections... technical and fast.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I hate my life, and the track hated it too. I got screwed over in the first turn everytime other than practices.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Pumaxcs wrote:I hate my life, and the track hated it too. I got screwed over in the first turn everytime other than practices.

- the hate my life part. People just get way too god damn aggressive in the first turns of the races. I'm almost always dead last coming out of the first turns, and always heading into them about 2nd. i always set hella fast times, but have to do it coming through the pack, then always get unlucky again. Of course, what makes me any better than you guys by complaining about it? Therefore, good race everyone! was fun in it's own way.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I set my fastest laptime in my LCQ, makes me wish I didn't wait for Luiz.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
LuizH

Post by LuizH »

The feeling of been on the main was so good, too bad it lasted like 10 seconds :lol: :lol: :lol:
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

i was completely shocked at my heat.... not sure how i ended up getting 2nd at the very end.

was pretty intense, but my computer got excited or something during the main and drop the fps... gotta figure out how to stop this process from running.

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
sam351

Post by sam351 »

Next time I'm just going to treat the start like MX vs Atv Reflex... wait for everyone to crash then go around them really fast... or just try to get the holeshot...
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Gay. Went to catch a bus, and it didnt come. So now I missed out on the LCQ, and possibly the main :cry:
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

mxer323 wrote:i was completely shocked at my heat.... not sure how i ended up getting 2nd at the very end.

was pretty intense, but my computer got excited or something during the main and drop the fps... gotta figure out how to stop this process from running.
I think we were in the same heat and I was pretty solid on second but then the pressure caught me. I think I forgot to breathe or something :D Last lap for me was 1.31 so that tells alot.

Anyways it was pretty good racing, I gotta say that the practice starts were pretty scary when there was wrecking everywhere, but in heats it wasn't so bad. Thanks for the races jlv.
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Points/results are updated.

Nice job Sweden, that was a nearly perfect ride.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.