RaceFactory National Erode Test Race 1

Organize races and post results here
barrington314
Team: me

RaceFactory National Erode Test Race 1

Post by barrington314 »

We would like to test how well the optimization is with the new snapshot (released yesterday) on a full gated national. First 40 people in the server (mxslobby 19801).
10:00pm eastern time tonight (8/3). We can probably run multiple races, so if you miss 10 oclock, try again!
No prizes but it would help us to take it seriously.

You need the original rF national Southwick plus this new folder: http://www.mediafire.com/file/sj3u5fv3o ... kerode.rar
bishop121
Team: lucas oil racing

Re: RaceFactory National Erode Test Race 1

Post by bishop121 »

would help to have it on the server thanks
jakebarrett
Team: GM

Post by jakebarrett »

hey rf crew you don't have to but maybe if you could host it like a couple hours earlier it will be good because then me and some over uk people are more likely to show up.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Can't remember if we did 2 motos or 1 but whatever the first was set to was too high, I think it was 3? In 4 laps the ruts were huge, I'd like to try it on 1. Is it like the old erode where the erode number is a multiplier for the erosion 1 bike makes? 1 would make sense for a 40 man gate on a long race no?

Wasn't the max 1.0 long ago, or did the scaling change?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

yzmxer608 wrote:Can't remember if we did 2 motos or 1 but whatever the first was set to was too high, I think it was 3? In 4 laps the ruts were huge, I'd like to try it on 1. Is it like the old erode where the erode number is a multiplier for the erosion 1 bike makes? 1 would make sense for a 40 man gate on a long race no?

Wasn't the max 1.0 long ago, or did the scaling change?
This is why I think they should still make tracks with ruts and bumps, but not as extreme as it is now. I don't think it would work as well as you'd think with a completely flat surface. At the moment, at too high of a number, if someone goes down and does a 180 to get back going, there's a big rut going sideways across the track. I think erode will work best on tracks about 1/2 or 3/4 of the current roughness, and new lines would form over time with erode on 1 or 1.25
SKERICK
Team: Mick Skezz

Post by SKERICK »

Yeh, You need at least slight burms to channel traffic into multiple inside and outside lines. If perfectly flat then everyone follows one line on the inside or middle and passing i would assume would suffer.
HarryWhite71
Team: TMFR

Post by HarryWhite71 »

SKERICK wrote:Yeh, You need at least slight burms to channel traffic into multiple inside and outside lines. If perfectly flat then everyone follows one line on the inside or middle and passing i would assume would suffer.
That's what the rF crew are doing if I'm not mistaken. They will build the layout and everything, but before they release it a few of them will do some laps on the track so there A some roughness.