WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Organize races and post results here
jamie kinna
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:16 am
Team: Privateer

WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Postby jamie kinna » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:47 am

Hello fellow mxs,

I am looking to get a laptop and just wondering whats a half decent laptop that will run 50-60fps with alright graphics with 20-40 ppl on supercross at nationals events?
any feed back would help,

thanks,
JUST GONNA SEEENND EEEET! :roll:

User avatar
mx201
Posts: 1247
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:05 pm
Team: MV Filims
Location: London, Japan
Contact:

Re: WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Postby mx201 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:25 pm

Get a computer
Logan "Indiana Jones" Leitzel
Image

Ripping_reckless
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:07 pm
Team: Mystery Motosports

Re: WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Postby Ripping_reckless » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:06 pm

dont get a laptop you can get a desktop way cheaper that better

User avatar
motokid499
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:25 am
Team: VersusPC/FAMmx
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Postby motokid499 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:58 pm

What are your reasons for needing it to be a laptop? A desktop will always offer better price/performance but I trust you have your reasons for needing a laptop. I made the decision to get a laptop and although it is a great system, the amount I spent on it ($1600) would've got me a beast of a desktop. I couldve gotten the same performance for about $900 if I went for a desktop. Unfortunately I needed a laptop for reasons.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-256gb-solid-state-drive-black/5872507.p?skuId=5872507

Something like that would run MXS well.
Tanner Rogers

RhysHarris
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:12 pm
Team: KulanVisual
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Postby RhysHarris » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:46 pm

if you want to play for example at home and then go somewhere and have the portability then certainly buy a laptop but if its just for you playing sim at home get a PC

User avatar
Andy_Hack
Posts: 2175
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:47 am
Team: SplitFire
Location: Germany/Bavaria
Contact:

Re: WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Postby Andy_Hack » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:10 pm

First of all, Laptops are shit. Macbooks are the only ones that actually work, but they're not for gaming.
If you need a Laptop, get a Macbook, if you want to play games, get a Windows PC.
Photobucket sucks.

User avatar
motokid499
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:25 am
Team: VersusPC/FAMmx
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Postby motokid499 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:45 pm

Andy_Hack wrote:First of all, Laptops are shit. Macbooks are the only ones that actually work, but they're not for gaming.
If you need a Laptop, get a Macbook, if you want to play games, get a Windows PC.


I disagree. There are some really good laptop manufacturers out there, you just have to know where to look. I'm guessing you haven't had the best experience with windows laptops and have reasons behind your opinion but I don't think its fair to say all laptops are shit.

http://www.eurocom.com/ec/configure(2,405,0)SkyMX5R3

I know Eurocom makes some solid notebooks and you can configure them as well.
Tanner Rogers

User avatar
Ashe
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:30 am

Re: WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Postby Ashe » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:45 pm

If this helps you at all I play on a macbook and its great and gets me 125fps on just about any track with full gates. The plus side for me personally with having a laptop and it being a mac is that i boot camped windows onto it so the OS side is for all my school work and the windows side is for games.Its like having two laptops in one. Hopefully this helps you in anyway.
Image

User avatar
Cummings55
Posts: 504
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:24 pm
Team: Evolution Design

Re: WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Postby Cummings55 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:06 am

I got an Asus ROG about 2 years ago for $800, which now that I look back on it was a pretty good deal. It has a quad core i7, 8gb of RAM, 1tb hard drive, and a GTX960. I had to get a laptop for school and also wanted it to be something I could play games on. If you can find a deal like that, I would highly recommend getting the laptop (if you’re set on a laptop of course). Otherwise, take these guys’ advice and get a desktop. I still want to build a desktop to have solely for gaming and editing.
Image

User avatar
aeffertz
Posts: 2409
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:01 am
Location: Wiscansin

Re: WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Postby aeffertz » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:05 am

jamie kinna wrote:Hello fellow mxs,

I am looking to get a laptop and just wondering whats a half decent laptop that will run 50-60fps with alright graphics with 20-40 ppl on supercross at nationals events?
any feed back would help,

thanks,


What's your budget? That's the first thing to go off.

User avatar
Bradclay306
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:42 pm
Location: england

Re: WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Postby Bradclay306 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:49 pm

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-GL702VM-G ... 060+laptop

this is what i run on, needed a laptop for uni but also wanted something for sim and games. works perfect for what i want.
-If you like riding my shitty tracks please donate so i can buy subway footlong subs <3 https://www.paypal.me/Bclay306

jamie kinna
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:16 am
Team: Privateer

Re: WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Postby jamie kinna » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:54 am

motokid499 wrote:What are your reasons for needing it to be a laptop? A desktop will always offer better price/performance but I trust you have your reasons for needing a laptop. I made the decision to get a laptop and although it is a great system, the amount I spent on it ($1600) would've got me a beast of a desktop. I couldve gotten the same performance for about $900 if I went for a desktop. Unfortunately I needed a laptop for reasons.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-256gb-solid-state-drive-black/5872507.p?skuId=5872507

Something like that would run MXS well.


got any pc reccomendations?
JUST GONNA SEEENND EEEET! :roll:

User avatar
motokid499
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:25 am
Team: VersusPC/FAMmx
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Postby motokid499 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:18 pm

jamie kinna wrote:
motokid499 wrote:What are your reasons for needing it to be a laptop? A desktop will always offer better price/performance but I trust you have your reasons for needing a laptop. I made the decision to get a laptop and although it is a great system, the amount I spent on it ($1600) would've got me a beast of a desktop. I couldve gotten the same performance for about $900 if I went for a desktop. Unfortunately I needed a laptop for reasons.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-256gb-solid-state-drive-black/5872507.p?skuId=5872507

Something like that would run MXS well.


got any pc reccomendations?


Would you be willing to build one?
Tanner Rogers

jamie kinna
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:16 am
Team: Privateer

Re: WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Postby jamie kinna » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:18 pm

motokid499 wrote:
jamie kinna wrote:
motokid499 wrote:What are your reasons for needing it to be a laptop? A desktop will always offer better price/performance but I trust you have your reasons for needing a laptop. I made the decision to get a laptop and although it is a great system, the amount I spent on it ($1600) would've got me a beast of a desktop. I couldve gotten the same performance for about $900 if I went for a desktop. Unfortunately I needed a laptop for reasons.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-256gb-solid-state-drive-black/5872507.p?skuId=5872507

Something like that would run MXS well.


got any pc reccomendations?


Would you be willing to build one?


probably not man I wouldn't know where to start, I just want a pc under 800 thatll run sim with 40 ppl with 60fps haha
JUST GONNA SEEENND EEEET! :roll:

User avatar
DBRider251
Posts: 1047
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:38 pm
Team: LCQ Studios

Re: WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Postby DBRider251 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:18 am

jamie kinna wrote:
motokid499 wrote:
jamie kinna wrote:
got any pc reccomendations?


Would you be willing to build one?


probably not man I wouldn't know where to start, I just want a pc under 800 thatll run sim with 40 ppl with 60fps haha

Building a PC is easy. Anyone on here will create you a decent parts list, you just have to follow a youtube tutorial on how to build it. It's really easy honestly. I've built at least 10 between me and my friends.
Image


Return to “Racing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], manii20 and 6 guests