RFG supercross question

Organize races and post results here
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: RFG supercross question

Post by Wahlamt »

Erode in SX might finally make SX enjoyable..
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Whiteracing204 wrote:Ok guys I know about the erode but it still didn't answer my question??? Any help would be appreciated!
3 or 4 of us answered your question
eblock_15

Post by eblock_15 »

Checkerz told me there is a 49% chance that there is going to be an RF Supercross series and a 14% chance that it is not going to be terrible
I am the one and only Larry Lawn Dart, if you see me on the track I will probably be on the ground - Eli Block
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

eblock_15 wrote:Checkerz told me there is a 49% chance that there is going to be an RF Supercross series and a 14% chance that it is not going to be terrible
70% of statistics are made up of the top of someone’s head
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

AHeckman2 wrote:I honestly think the game was on a downward spiral when organizations started doing pay-to-race. Which I totally understand why they did it, but that’s my honest opinion as to why the game is dying.
This, or slightly before this.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

10-ish years is an extremely long time for any game to "live".

Whether 2018 happens or not, the pay to play system gave rF an extra year and a half more than there would have been without it, maybe more if it continues.
Matias43_

Post by Matias43_ »

checkerz wrote:10-ish years is an extremely long time for any game to "live".

Whether 2018 happens or not, the pay to play system gave rF an extra year and a half more than there would have been without it, maybe more if it continues.
I dont think most people mind the pay to play, but just from talking to people most are saying they hope erode isnt brought into sx. Maybe it would be different if rF did some type of offseason series with erode, then people would be more comfortable with it and you guys would be able to see what your gonna fix
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Matias43_ wrote:

I dont think most people mind the pay to play, but just from talking to people most are saying they hope erode isnt brought into sx. Maybe it would be different if rF did some type of offseason series with erode, then people would be more comfortable with it and you guys would be able to see what your gonna fix
Once upon a time for something like a month I was testing nightly.

Support from riders showing up to help test was minimal at best which is part of the reason I went on a sim-cation to start with.

Organizing a series is a lot of work to put in to 'test' when ultimately the racing could be a complete crap show based on the settings used. It is a lot of work for a little bit of data. Before, we were trying to do less planning work, and more actual testing and getting way more data, but that takes participation.

It is impossible to judge whether erode in SX will be good or bad when a proper test hasn't been done with it working properly...
Matias43_

Post by Matias43_ »

checkerz wrote:
Matias43_ wrote:

It is impossible to judge whether erode in SX will be good or bad when a proper test hasn't been done with it working properly...
Yes exactly, so why risk it when rF can perfect it by the time MX comes. If i were you id wait till mx for erode, take everyones money for racing sx, and go on a nice vacation because you know pay to race makes bank
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Matias43_ wrote: you know pay to race makes bank
It's easy to add up and estimate a number that we got to make the tracks and host the series. But it's not easy to add up the hours we have in doing it because most people really have no idea how much we have dedicated to it. I just don't want that misconception floating around. The hourly rate isn't that baller.
ryanmx25

Post by ryanmx25 »

barrington314 wrote:
Matias43_ wrote: you know pay to race makes bank
It's easy to add up and estimate a number that we got to make the tracks and host the series. But it's not easy to add up the hours we have in doing it because most people really have no idea how much we have dedicated to it. I just don't want that misconception floating around. The hourly rate isn't that baller.
I made less than I make in a week, however having 40+ hours over the 2 tracks. It's not bank, it's about as enough to make it worth doing.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

So if JLV pays for the SX tracks, where does all of the revenue from rF go? Figured it would be more of a hassle for Outdoors than SX. Wouldn't everything after JLVs $$$ for the tracks be profit or how does that split?
MXTYSEN21
Team: Volcom Racing

Post by MXTYSEN21 »

I don't get why people blame the game dying on paying to race, you pay to race an organized 17 round replica supercross series with sponsors, prizing, live streaming etc. Look at iracing lets be real here...

rF and jlv (mxs) has given me the most entertainment from a video game BY FAR. Sim will always be apart of me I don't care how try hard it sounds haha its true, I still get the chills when I come across old video's or old live streams etc. I know most racers don't have as great of memories as I do with sim but from my point of view, the rF boys are nowhere near money hungry ass holes or whatever people try to say. I've been racing as long as these guys have been making tracks and hosting. Last year I had to force myself to practice, during supercross I played sim 3 days a week after round 7 or 8. These guys had been making tracks and hosting for years for free. They got burnt out just as I get burnt out from even just racing for so many years. I don't blame them wanting a little bit of extra cash to get them going again. I'd pay 40 for a race pass just because that would still be more than worth it to me.
you are a G jlv
Bryce#313

Post by Bryce#313 »

MXTYSEN21 wrote:I don't get why people blame the game dying on paying to race, you pay to race an organized 17 round replica supercross series with sponsors, prizing, live streaming etc. Look at iracing lets be real here...

rF and jlv (mxs) has given me the most entertainment from a video game BY FAR. Sim will always be apart of me I don't care how try hard it sounds haha its true, I still get the chills when I come across old video's or old live streams etc. I know most racers don't have as great of memories as I do with sim but from my point of view, the rF boys are nowhere near money hungry ass holes or whatever people try to say. I've been racing as long as these guys have been making tracks and hosting. Last year I had to force myself to practice, during supercross I played sim 3 days a week after round 7 or 8. These guys had been making tracks and hosting for years for free. They got burnt out just as I get burnt out from even just racing for so many years. I don't blame them wanting a little bit of extra cash to get them going again. I'd pay 40 for a race pass just because that would still be more than worth it to me.
Couldn't have said it better
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Bryce#313 wrote:
MXTYSEN21 wrote:I don't get why people blame the game dying on paying to race, you pay to race an organized 17 round replica supercross series with sponsors, prizing, live streaming etc. Look at iracing lets be real here...

Couldn't have said it better