RFG supercross question

Organize races and post results here
RC_Pro97
Crushed Dissenter
Team: BellRoadRV.com

Re: RFG supercross question

Post by RC_Pro97 »

Lnxa wrote:The game is dead boys.
MY WORLD, YOUR WORLD,......... OUR WORLD!!!
RC_Pro97
Crushed Dissenter
Team: BellRoadRV.com

Post by RC_Pro97 »

AHeckman2 wrote:I honestly think the game was on a downward spiral when organizations started doing pay-to-race. Which I totally understand why they did it, but that’s my honest opinion as to why the game is dying.
I agree completely. I understand also why they did as well but its a game at the end of the day.
MY WORLD, YOUR WORLD,......... OUR WORLD!!!
Whiteracing204
Team: W.W. Designs Private

Post by Whiteracing204 »

MOTOZ293 wrote:
Whiteracing204 wrote:Ok guys I know about the erode but it still didn't answer my question??? Any help would be appreciated!
3 or 4 of us answered your question
No yall are talking about whether or not there will be a rf sx because of erode... I'm just asking (if there is an rf sx and mx) can you run a 250 2 stroke in the 250 class???
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

Well I hope it happens next year, regardless if it’s pay or free. I agree paid is better than nothing.

I also love that this is a rumor at this time of year every year! Will this be rFs last year??? Tune in next time to find out!!!
Sweendoggy

Post by Sweendoggy »

DP - also, I don’t think the game is dead, just have lost a lot of dedicated players over the years is all
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Sweendoggy wrote:DP - also, I don’t think the game is dead, just have lost a lot of dedicated players over the years is all
I think if racing and/or content continues, the game continues for sure. There were still a lot of new players last year. If rF left, someone would take their spot. It won't be the same, and it might make some on the fence leave, but someone would do something. Who knows how good or not good it'd be.
Sweendoggy wrote:Well I hope it happens next year, regardless if it’s pay or free. I agree paid is better than nothing.

I also love that this is a rumor at this time of year every year! Will this be rFs last year??? Tune in next time to find out!!!
It's because it's true, each time it gets harder to come back. Being completely transparent, Wheels is moving and won't be around during the events but is willing to work on the site side of things to keep it going if we'd like. Stephen has interest, not to put words in his mouth, but from what I"ve seen he's a bit more in than out. I have no clue about Race or Peter. And I'm 20% in right now, but hoping the motivation comes back. I don't want it to die, but I won't do it unless I'm committed to doing it right and right now I don't have the time or energy or motivation to promise that.

As far as the financials being asked about. You'd be surprised how small the amount is by the time paypal fees are paid, website hosting and domain and such is paid, and it is split approximately 10 ways. Trust me, if I was making bank with it, there would be no question about continuing. I have a ton of bills and work in the MX industry...aka, I'm far from ballin' and a bonus chunk of change is nice. Beyond that, I don't care to comment. Our financial business really isn't any of yours...
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

checkerz wrote:.
Have you tested the newest erode settings?
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
Sweendoggy

Post by Sweendoggy »

Sounds like it has nothing to do with erode people haha

Trust me, I know it gets harder, that’s what happened to me basically!
Mxs Racer 303

Post by Mxs Racer 303 »

I know I haven't been in the game long but I love this community more than any other gaming community. It's amazing when everyone comes together in the event nights and you see great racing but I know im still young and have lots to learn this game is more than a game. It's fun and exciting and brings challenge. I loved hosting part of last year it felt good to help and when you have people like Wheels and Checkers working full time then working 5+ hours trying to get the sorted out and the tracks pushed out and all the rF crew track makers working as hard as they can every single week it's hard to bag on them for a corner not being perfect or you not being put in because you were late. When you have people complaining and there always will be you have to deal with it but when your stressed out and tired and don't want to do it anymore like Checkers was saying it's hard to come back to something like this and deal with another year of complaining and trying to find people. I understand people want to help but you have to know how to deal with certain situations. It's harder for these grown men to run this good organization when they have lifes and they get a small thank you or a small pay for what hard work and dedication that they put in. I know that this was long and dragged out but it needs to acknowledged that these guys work really hard at their day job to come not spend time with their families just to work on a video game. I appreciate everyone that has helped keep this game running and rF for putting a big step in it to keep it alive and all the youtubers and streamers that really help bring new people into i just want to thank all of you.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Lnxa wrote:
checkerz wrote:.
Have you tested the newest erode settings?
No, I haven't opened the game in 2 months.
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

Hoping you guys figure out your decision on whether you continue on or not. I have no problem paying for racing. You guys work your tail feathers off for a small price. A 25 dollar fee to race SX is a small price to pay for 17 legit supercross tracks,hosted racing series with live streams and the chance to win prizes.I don't think price will ever be the full issue here. People will come and go they have for years. In the past few years there has been a influx of people that are just straight ridiculous with the things they say and do to the Rf series and Mx simulator community but in time they will either grow up or be weeded out.

Also hope you decide to at least open the game again and test the new erode. I think at the time of your testing prior to this people were just burnt out from racing all year. Lets be honest we replicate a pro series and probably spend about as much time as real life riders do to compete which is exhausting. Especially if your work a 40-50 hour work week as well. My self was actually waiting on the possibility of a mini series that was thrown out there after Nationals. I figured that was the testing needed for SX. I am sure that if you guys get something up and going again for testing the crowds will swarm in. Maybe just a bit of notice so we can make it. I know prior to this i would see the posts for a test and i missed it because it was posted 1 hour before the test.

Either way i hope you guys get the motivation and the help you need to continue. This game may be 10 years old but its not dead and there is no timeline on a games survival either. If you guys need help with anything or just people to test i will gladly help out and round a few others up to help. We are ready for racing again!
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

DP - And i forgot to mention that i know that making these tracks and everything that goes into it is just as exhausting if not more because you guys are making these each week, hosting the races, dealing with the bull crap complaints and cries of this track sucked and this guy is favored blah blah blah, But its all noise. We can choose to listen to it or just ignore it.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

If rF doesn't continue moving forward in 2018, which I hope it does, then I hope other organizations use that at motivation to perhaps make the next step forward and doesn't just discourage them from continuing events. Even if it's not a replica of the SX/MX series, big events in general draws in players and viewers.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Ddavis wrote:If rF doesn't continue moving forward in 2018, which I hope it does
I worded this in a weird way, let me clarify in case anyone doesn't read it how I see it... I hope rF continues moving forward in 2018*.
MXTYSEN21
Team: Volcom Racing

Post by MXTYSEN21 »

Yeah I've always hoped that when the rF boys are done that there will be another group of people that are capable of somewhat filling their shoes. I'd love to come back 5 years after I quit racing and still see replica races being hosted. See if anyone can top my all-time wins in sx etc. I don't know if Jesse is trolling but if you aren't, I swear you are the saltiest champion the game has ever seen haha... I think the game is still somewhat thriving and hope it stays alive for years to come if rF is the premier racing website or not. I bet someone in the last week has came across SYS livestreams and bought the game hoping to be the next Mullins or Fresquez. The best times I've had in the game was when i first started winning, the first wins/championships were waay more rewarding so I really like seeing new racers come up. Like Atom told me he had goosebumps the corner before his first 450 moto win. I told him hell yeah I dig that shit, it used to happen to me too but now a win is just a win haha.

I enjoyed watching the Am's in SX this year as well, was cool to see how many racers there are and just wondering who's gonna get super fast in the years to come. Just because outdoors died out this year, it does and has pretty much every year! Everyone gets over it by the 8th round of outdoors and it's because we've all been racing or in rF's case hosting and building tracks week after week since January on top of year after year.

Anyways my main point is, I would be bummed to see replica racing go in mxs but I'm sure a lot of ams would be way more bummed, never even getting a chance to win an rF race after they have been training to make it to pro's.. stuff like that. So it's a slap in the face to them imo to have a guy like Mullins consistently dogging on the game and saying its dead or racing is a joke. Saying shit like that gets you put over a berm kiddo :lol:
you are a G jlv