2018 Pro and Amateur SX Series - rF Gaming

Organize races and post results here
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

2018 Pro and Amateur SX Series - rF Gaming

Post by checkerz »

Dear MXS Community,

With less than a month between us and Anaheim 1 for 2018, raceFACTORY Gaming wanted to update everyone on the status of the Pro and Amateur Replica Series.

Since the launch of rF Gaming on October of 2011, rF Gaming has hosted nearly 50 championship events and series ranging from Pro and Amateur Replica SX and Outdoors to fun custom events like the SX Open, Winter Indoor, Localcross, and more. While we have enjoyed building a great community based around high level racing events and we've been spoiled with support from so many of you, our staff has grown up over the 6+ years and responsibilities of life continue to grow as well.

Through many discussions in the off-season, we have worked hard to find solutions to ensure a continuation of high-quality replica racing in MX Simulator. We take hosting these events very seriously, and after much thought and discussion we have come to the difficult decision that it is best for the community to have rF Gaming to pass the torch for hosting the 2018 US Replica SX Series on to ensure that it can continue to be an elite level championship series that is well run and managed. This decision hasn't been easy, but we are doing what we feel is best for the community and the racers.

Thankfully over the past few seasons, we have built a great relationship and trust with the exceptional crew over at MXSEMF. We will be working with MXSEMF in the coming weeks to ensure a smooth transition to have them be the new home of the 2018 US Replica SX Series for 2018; in addition to their 2018 European Championship Series. Stay tuned for more details as they develop. Rest assured, the MXSEMF crew is professional and top notch and will be working hard to preserve the history of the US Championship Series. It is not starting over, but transitioning to allow the series to continue to flourish.

For those who may be concerned, this does not mean it is the end of rF Gaming or the rF staff's involvement with MX Simulator. The site will remain active and racing may still take place; however, we must take the 2018 Replica SX Series commitment off of our shoulders to ensure it is run to the highest level possible. Wheels will be working with MXSEMF to help with the transition on the site, stats, and server side. Myself and Stephen, and likely many others from the rF crew will still be assisting the MXSEMF crew with creating high quality replica tracks for racing as well.

Thank you to the loyal rF Gaming members and racers, the MX Simulator Community, and all of our fans for the continued trust and support that allowed rF over 6 years of amazing memories, relationships, and competition. A special thank you to JLV for trusting us with running the prestigious series, supporting the title, our website, and being a voice of reason in challenging situations. I would also like to personally thank Michael Wheeler and Adam Sweeney for their initial faith in this project and ridiculous amount of hours and energy that they put into this project with me to create something truly special. Of course we also want to thank all of the fantastic sponsors we have had past and present to provide great prizing for rF Gaming events and helping to legitimize our series. Last, but definitely not least I'd like to thank each and every person who has contributed to rF Gaming whether it be media, tracks, hosting, management, design, etc. I bet over this time period nearly half the community has contributed something special to help make an rF event happen.

I'd like to request that discussion on the 2018 SX Series wait until MXSEMF has released their details and that the awesome MXS community post some of their favorite memories from rF Gaming in the replies on this thread.

I would like to leave you guys with this, the initial announcement video for rF Gaming from Jeff Scott way back in October of 2011. I still remember the night this was released (im)patiently waiting online to reveal the secret of months of hard work and planning. While we wanted to elevate the MXS Racing scene, I don't believe any of us had any idea just how big rF would become, how long it would last, or the amazing feats it would accomplish.

Thank you and good luck in 2018!
-checkerz
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: 2018 Pro and Amateur SX Series - rF Gaming

Post by Lnxa »

FIRST
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

Posted without reading lmao, But RIP MXS it was a good run.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

2ND
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

so this means that atleast one of EU or US is gunna get dicked by the timezone?
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
StephaneGuido
Team: Evergood

Post by StephaneGuido »

cool , but if we are banned from emf ? rip?
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

:cry:
ROSE822

Post by ROSE822 »

Thanks for everything you've done for the MXS Community its been a hell of a run, Glad to see you guys helping EMF
HarryWhite71
Team: TMFR

Post by HarryWhite71 »

maggett wrote:so this means that atleast one of EU or US is gunna get dicked by the timezone?
They are running 2 series, Just like it would be normally. Just one at rF time, and one at EMF time.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

Lnxa wrote:RIP MXS
why is that?
ROSE822

Post by ROSE822 »

Just one question, Will all the EMF National Numbers be getting reset and starting fresh or will it carry on from last year?
Logeyboy
Team: Galaxy

Post by Logeyboy »

ROSE822 wrote:Just one question, Will all the EMF National Numbers be getting reset and starting fresh or will it carry on from last year?
EMF numbers will carry on like normal?
It will be two series not just a European one.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I don't think much will change in terms of the racing and the prestige of the events. From what I understand, Kellen will still be hosting on SYS and EMF will be hosting at the same time as rF, but the series title will just be EMF instead of RF. Anyone have an idea of what day the races will be held on this year?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

RF numbers will continue to be in effect for the US series and the EMF numbers will be used for the European series.
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

is rf completely done with ama races or will you still do nats ?