Nationals Erode Testing 2018

Organize races and post results here
Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Re: Nationals Erode Testing 2018

Post by Rush »

T_Frye127 wrote:come on rush, your like hunter back in the day.

what you doin hunter?
ohh nothinn just sitttin here (thumb sticks slappin)

we know your playin fool quit tryna act all hard
nah ill admit i used to play a lot like last year. but i really only play fortnite now. I dont find the game fun unless im racing
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
T_Frye127
Team: Volcom

Post by T_Frye127 »

is it possible to make the ruts and have them not erode as much and then just make it so the erode only makes bumps?
so then coming into a single line would get rough making you switch to a new line that is already built and will be faster than hitting the rough one?

just a highdea i had the other night while playin the track haha
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

T_Frye127 wrote:is it possible to make the ruts and have them not erode as much and then just make it so the erode only makes bumps?
so then coming into a single line would get rough making you switch to a new line that is already built and will be faster than hitting the rough one?

just a highdea i had the other night while playin the track haha
Possible, yes.

Not sure I'm ready to go that drastic just yet as I think organic ruts would definitely be better, but I think this actually could be kinda cool.

Find me the national you feel has the best corner ruts and it wouldn't be hard to try. You pick the track, I'll handle the rest.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

HighPoint Practice - 2018: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0gsy1wjpi ... actice.zip

ERODE TESTS TODAY:
Midday test: 3:30pm CST
Evening Test: 9:30 CST (tentative, will confirm when I can)

Server:
official.mxslobby.com:19808

Track going on the server momentarily.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

checkerz wrote:HighPoint Practice - 2018: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0gsy1wjpi ... actice.zip

ERODE TESTS TODAY:

Server:

Track going on the server momentarily.
Don't Download Yet - I ooopsed, give me 10 mins to reupload.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

--FIXED LINK (must have 2017 HighPoint/mx2017 object pack)

HighPoint Practice - 2018: http://www.mediafire.com/file/t437z2yqk ... 282%29.zip

ERODE TESTS TODAY:

Server:

Track is up on server.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

45 Minutes until race time
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Feedback welcome. Please refer to numbers for specific corner feedback as you can.
CeeJayHDz
Team: Privateer

Post by CeeJayHDz »

[quote="checkerz"][/quote]

1. entry to turn could do with getting rougher as i hardly needed to slow down and could hit the rut 3rd pinned before halfway through the race until the end.

2. very inside dominant, maybe have bigger starter ruts middle and outside to give people an incentive to go out there, i think where the outside is so far out of the way doesnt help.

3. rut was very fast and smooth, could be rougher but both outside and inside were viable.

4. I only ever took outside so not sure but looking at the picture the middle and inside both look good, again entry to the corner could be rougher.

5. good turn, both outside and inside were viable however outside was too smooth, zero bumps even on last lap.

6. very outside dominant but i think thats just due to the double straight out of the turn, maybe some prebuilt bumps on the outside to make it rougher would help the inside be competitve?

7. both lines viable.

8. havent watched much irl but i feel this turn is so wide it could be scaled down a bit? didnt see a true definitive line though.

9. very fast and smooth, maybe prebuilt bumps to slow it down.

10. inside became very dominant at the end but up to about 20 mins all 3 lines were roughly the same speed so good turn overall.

11. same as above.

12. no definitive line, pretty even everywhere.

13. very outside dominant but thats just because of the inside roller, not much that can be done to prevent that.

14. again very outside dominant on the 250 at least but thats just to get the speed for the triple.

15. Inside OP but thats due to track layout, theres really no point going all the way outside

Overall a lot of the negatives are to do with the track layout itself and not much can be done to stop 1 lined turns like 1,2,13, 14 and 15
As far as fun factor goes it was great but maybe if there were 40 riders it might be a different story. I feel like not having two days to qualify helped the lines develop as people didnt know where would be fast so every line was used at first making them usable in the long run. If possible add some more braking bumps but smaller and closer together so they dont turn into rollers by the end.
CeeJayHDz
Team: Privateer

Post by CeeJayHDz »

checkerz wrote:.
See above^^^
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

CeeJayHDz wrote:
checkerz wrote:
1. entry to turn could do with getting rougher as i hardly needed to slow down and could hit the rut 3rd pinned before halfway through the race until the end.

2. very inside dominant, maybe have bigger starter ruts middle and outside to give people an incentive to go out there, i think where the outside is so far out of the way doesnt help.

3. rut was very fast and smooth, could be rougher but both outside and inside were viable.

4. I only ever took outside so not sure but looking at the picture the middle and inside both look good, again entry to the corner could be rougher.

5. good turn, both outside and inside were viable however outside was too smooth, zero bumps even on last lap.

6. very outside dominant but i think thats just due to the double straight out of the turn, maybe some prebuilt bumps on the outside to make it rougher would help the inside be competitve?

7. both lines viable.

8. havent watched much irl but i feel this turn is so wide it could be scaled down a bit? didnt see a true definitive line though.

9. very fast and smooth, maybe prebuilt bumps to slow it down.

10. inside became very dominant at the end but up to about 20 mins all 3 lines were roughly the same speed so good turn overall.

11. same as above.

12. no definitive line, pretty even everywhere.

13. very outside dominant but thats just because of the inside roller, not much that can be done to prevent that.

14. again very outside dominant on the 250 at least but thats just to get the speed for the triple.

15. Inside OP but thats due to track layout, theres really no point going all the way outside

Overall a lot of the negatives are to do with the track layout itself and not much can be done to stop 1 lined turns like 1,2,13, 14 and 15
As far as fun factor goes it was great but maybe if there were 40 riders it might be a different story. I feel like not having two days to qualify helped the lines develop as people didnt know where would be fast so every line was used at first making them usable in the long run. If possible add some more braking bumps but smaller and closer together so they dont turn into rollers by the end.
This is how you leave helpful feedback.
Trevor#91
Team: Proline Designs

Post by Trevor#91 »

checkerz wrote: This is how you leave helpful feedback.
+1 didnt get to race due to work but ill be on for the one later tonight
Chandler Bloxom
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by Chandler Bloxom »

checkerz you still doing a later Erode Test tonight?
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

checkerz wrote:--FIXED LINK (must have 2017 HighPoint/mx2017 object pack)

HighPoint Practice - 2018: http://www.mediafire.com/file/t437z2yqk ... 282%29.zip

ERODE TESTS TODAY:
Evening Test: 9:30 CST

Server:

Track is up on server.
Be there at 9:30! Track is the same as earlier.
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

checkerz wrote:.
My feedback probs wont mean shit cos no one likes aussies, but anyway here it is.

Overall I feel like the track still erodes too quickly, 15 minutes in, downhills on the approach to corners, eg in between corner 13-14, are severly chopped out. If there was a way to change the speed of the erode or something to something like 25% slower overall, I feel like the race would be better towards the end, instead of crawling around the track in survival mode for half the race.

The tighter corners such as 1, 2, 5, 15 might need a a new tile because those break down to the point where the main ruts is a deep at the riders handlebars. Perhaps even just on the insides, and leave the outside lines as is, to keep the speed up on them.

With corner 1, you could probably get away with using the light brown tile all the way through the corner, you don't exactly see a 4 foot deep rut in the first corner of any track during any of the AMA outdoors, when the conditions are dry at least.

Corner 11, I feel the very inside line needs to be just slightly flatter. When the rut starts forming there, feels very easy to slightly tip into the rut and then as a result hit your shoulder on the ground as crash. Maybe that's just a problem with my own riding, feel it was worth mentioning.

Hope this helps somewhat. :D :D :D