Nationals Erode Testing 2018

Organize races and post results here
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: Nationals Erode Testing 2018

Post by checkerz »

Update 3 - going on server now, testing immediately.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/o7nj44ytr ... 284%29.zip
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

checkerz wrote:Update 3 - going on server now, testing immediately.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/o7nj44ytr ... 284%29.zip
Need ^^^

Then:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/eld7mxs65 ... folder.zip

Can't guarantee this to be awesome, but we testing to get rid of the jackhammer around the track.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

When is this happening? Downloading now
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

We will have an update and another test between 9-9:30pm CST with multiple motos likely.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I think it's best for the tilemap if we do a race like we did right now with 5-10 fast guys, and have erode super low. Erode would form a few ruts but they wouldn't get overbearingly huge, then use that tilemap for the race tilemap, and the ruts would just continue to form naturally to the ruts beginning to form and I think we'd avoid these weird holes/chop around the entire track when you put erode a bit higher to compensate for the flat surface.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

You aren’t wrong, but then for every race on the track the lines would stay the same. It’s a “hack” when I’d rather find a fix otherwise I’d stick with prebuilt lines we balance. IRL multiple lines form without prebuilding them, so there is no reason we can’t develop erode to do the same. It just may take a lot of tuning from us and perhaps some jlv updates. The coolness of the multiple unique ruts providing a truly dynamic race each time is totally worth it to me.

It won’t happen overnight but we are getting closer and I believe it’s possible. I hope I’m not wrong.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

checkerz wrote:You aren’t wrong, but then for every race on the track the lines would stay the same. It’s a “hack” when I’d rather find a fix otherwise I’d stick with prebuilt lines we balance. IRL multiple lines form without prebuilding them, so there is no reason we can’t develop erode to do the same. It just may take a lot of tuning from us and perhaps some jlv updates. The coolness of the multiple unique ruts providing a truly dynamic race each time is totally worth it to me.

It won’t happen overnight but we are getting closer and I believe it’s possible. I hope I’m not wrong.
Curious what you figured out. Seemed like the lines formed quick, but then quit forming after just a couple laps. Pumped you're putting in the hours to figure it out and keep progressing us. It's crazy how much better it's gotten since the beginning of SX, let alone when it was first introduced.
jmayo_2

Post by jmayo_2 »

aeffertz wrote:
checkerz wrote:You aren’t wrong, but then for every race on the track the lines would stay the same. It’s a “hack” when I’d rather find a fix otherwise I’d stick with prebuilt lines we balance. IRL multiple lines form without prebuilding them, so there is no reason we can’t develop erode to do the same. It just may take a lot of tuning from us and perhaps some jlv updates. The coolness of the multiple unique ruts providing a truly dynamic race each time is totally worth it to me.

Curious what you figured out. Seemed like the lines formed quick, but then quit forming after just a couple laps. Pumped you're putting in the hours to figure it out and keep progressing us. It's crazy how much better it's gotten since the beginning of SX, let alone when it was first introduced.
I noticed this too especially in the first corner, but after the first few laps it seemed to mellow out and not get as deep. Big thanks to you Chris for working your ass off as well as the rest of the track crew
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

jmayo_2 wrote:
aeffertz wrote:

I noticed this too especially in the first corner, but after the first few laps it seemed to mellow out and not get as deep. Big thanks to you Chris for working your ass off as well as the rest of the track crew
Retweet these quotes man. Hits the nail on the head fr fr
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

More tests starting now:
official.mxslobby.com:19808

Track for tonight (will likely be just updating tileinfo/tilemap from here for rest of night)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s379tf8lt ... 285%29.zip
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

checkerz wrote:More tests starting now:

Track for tonight (will likely be just updating tileinfo/tilemap from here for rest of night)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s379tf8lt ... 285%29.zip
Need this ^^^

And this update:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q0i3drgnm ... older2.zip
ColtonD719
Team: Privateer

Post by ColtonD719 »

checkerz wrote:testing to get rid of the jackhammer around the track.
Don't know if this lines up with your experience, but when I was doing a lot of single player erode testing, I found that a relatively higher erode_inner_depth often allowed for lines to quickly appear, but resulted in more random chop as far as bumps. On the other hand, a relatively higher erode_depth might not form ruts as quickly, but tended to have more organic bumps that expand a bit more side-to-side, as opposed to the noisy effect of the inner erode.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1l9depsoy ... 286%29.zip

^^^ LATEST TRACK - 11pm CST We need to fill the gate. Settings are turning out very good, but need more guys to verify now. made huge progress today.

checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Thanks everyone for coming. Please post feedback.

mx201
Team: Madcape

Post by mx201 »

I haven't had any time to make these races is there any way you can uploaded the eroded version of the track to download? Wanna try em out
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List