Hall of Fame Race

Organize races and post results here
d3034
Team: Privateer

Hall of Fame Race

Post by d3034 »

I've been searching around and noticed people have done some cool highlight vids of certain riders, (James Stewart, Ryan Villipoto for example). I was wondering has anyone ever organized a race where every rider is sporting skins/bikes of a classic rider, (Stewart, Carmichael, McGrath, Dungey, Bradshaw, etc. Guys who have a championship.)? If so I haven't been able to find it. Better yet would be if the riders behind the riders were actually pro riders and were bad ass at the game. If there is a demo of this somewhere with some type of skins pack to download, or a Video edit or Livestream or something i'd love to check that out. If not I was actually kind of interested in knowing the ins and outs of putting something like that on. It seems like it could make for some cool YouTube edits as well as a fun race to ghost race against. Also feels like something if done well, could bring some more attention to the game. (the Stewart compound video has over 50,000 views right now) I figured riders could decide amongst themselves which legends they would like to ride as, or you could just go by order of standings in last pro circuit gets first pick or whatever, no duplicate riders.... It could be just a one time thing, or maybe it becomes a once a year thing.

So I guess what I want to know is..

What kind of prize money would it take to get together at least 10 to 15 top pros for a race like that? (i'd be willing to drop in a couple of $$hundred bucks on it)

Are there rules or etiquette about using EMF replica or other peoples tracks in general for something like that?

Who could help me organize something like that?

What would it take to get Kellen to call the race?

Could a single pack with all the gear be downloadable or would you have to download each skin, bike, helmet, tires separately? (for other people who want to make their own edits or race against the legends)

Is there ever an "offseason" or time to do something like that when pros aren't doing anything on SIM anyway?

Can I just edit an existing playback demo to change the skins myself? (tried but it ruins the demo and doesn't work, or I don't know how to get it to work)

Lastly has someone already done something like this that's decent? If so where can I find it? I enjoy watching the races on SIM almost as much as the real riders, because I know how damn hard the game is and sometimes I can't believe how good some of you guys are at it.... It just would be cool to see an all out Hall of Fame type race where every "rider" has won at least one championship. It doesn't really matter if its SX race or MX race... I think it would get some outside interest, and just be fun to watch and race against in ghost mode. You could do this pretty easily on an arcade console type game, but I mean, Not even really the same thing. You guys would usually rather race on replica tracks, well i'd like to see at least 1 "replica type race"
Damon Warlick
Logeyboy
Team: Galaxy

Re: Hall of Fame Race

Post by Logeyboy »

d3034

Post by d3034 »

Logeyboy wrote:http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37571
Never happened though :(
That's cool, but I see how that could be tough to maybe do a whole series. I feel like we could get 1 race.
Damon Warlick
d3034

Post by d3034 »

Logeyboy wrote:http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37571
Never happened though :(

Damn he was trying to get legit with though, I wonder why it never went down, seemed like a lot of interest. I will put up some dough to help get it done. I like the idea more of an all time rider thing and I will not assign anyone i'd rather let it be more open, I don't even have to be in charge of it in anyway I don't even know the first thing about doing anything like that.... just would hope they are known riders you know, something interesting, I think there are enough greats to go around. I guess its just the kind of thing that has to have enough incentive behind it to get it done. Wonder who else would throw in on something like this?
Damon Warlick