MXSoN 2018 'Teams'

Organize races and post results here
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Re: MXSoN 2018 'Teams'

Post by Sandhapper »

Rico118 wrote:
Sandhapper wrote:Even if this was real, I would assume there would be qualifying to determine who's in and not. Like all previous years.
i'm my opinion qualifying is not fair cuz guys like you that didnt race the whole year or only some rounds will take the spot away from the guys that have raced most of the rounds in 2018. think 99% of the guys are ok with the votes.
I get your point. But imo it's unfair to guys like me. I'd love to race but I'm not paying to race because I know I won't be able to make every round.

I haven't raced a full season since 2013 I think. At least let me have a chance to get on the team. I've seen you, Joey and Scott some this year and it looks like you're all pretty solid.
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

InfernalKerr77
Team: Jack Daniel's Racing

Post by InfernalKerr77 »

Sandhapper wrote:
Rico118 wrote:
Sandhapper wrote:Even if this was real, I would assume there would be qualifying to determine who's in and not. Like all previous years.
i'm my opinion qualifying is not fair cuz guys like you that didnt race the whole year or only some rounds will take the spot away from the guys that have raced most of the rounds in 2018. think 99% of the guys are ok with the votes.
I get your point. But imo it's unfair to guys like me. I'd love to race but I'm not paying to race because I know I won't be able to make every round.

I haven't raced a full season since 2013 I think. At least let me have a chance to get on the team. I've seen you, Joey and Scott some this year and it looks like you're all pretty solid.
but for the people who did the whole 2018 mx and sx and did well, they deserve the postion, but it just gets taken away from a person who hasnt done a full season since 2013
Rico118

Post by Rico118 »

InfernalKerr77 wrote:
Sandhapper wrote:
Rico118 wrote: i'm my opinion qualifying is not fair cuz guys like you that didnt race the whole year or only some rounds will take the spot away from the guys that have raced most of the rounds in 2018. think 99% of the guys are ok with the votes.

but for the people who did the whole 2018 mx and sx and did well, they deserve the postion, but it just gets taken away from a person who hasnt done a full season since 2013
exactly Alex, I know Ruben is a fast Guy And Probably Will take that 450 spot away from scott but Thats not fair Cuz scott has raced 11round of the 12. No offense to tristan he is faster then scott but he only raced 3 rounds of the 12. In my opinion scott deserved that spot he’s Not the fastest Guy but its his first season pro And isnt racing that bad
(Sorry for bad english)
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

CeeJayHDz wrote:Poor Matt, 2 honorable mentions lol
2 honorable 4 u

maybe if we make a team south west england i can get in :?: :?:
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Ddavis wrote:We should do qualifiers for the spots, though, since some of the people chosen aren't available during mornings which is when we should logically host it. If 90% of the field is European, we should have it accommodated to their time zone, even if it's in "the US". Btw who got 5th at Red Bud this year in the second moto? :wink: #DD4PuertoRico
I don't mind having it in the US time zone now. In the beginning it was one year US, one year EU and it switched (not on purpose though). But the last 3 editions has been EU time zoned. So either US or Oceanic time zone would be fair imo :p
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
WillSt24
Team: BPC

Post by WillSt24 »

Honestly I think if MXSoN has to be organized, do it the right way. Qualifying races, and such. I strongly believe that voting for the riders is a joke (No, I am not putting down anyone). There should be qualifiers for the spots on the team you want to represent ad Devin Davis said
| WILLIAM ST-LAURENT |
MXS best finish : 2nd [SX] 3rd [MX]
white327
Team: MotoPro GFX

Post by white327 »

no Brady Standley for Aussie? what kinda bs is that.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

checkerz wrote:Hmm... who is hosting? on what site? with what track?

I wouldn't get too worked up about some fake lists and a popularity contest.
I got 16 votes, please let me have it.

Also where was this voting? Can't believe how I got votes... I was literally slower than everyone listed for Sweden ( :lol: ), but I am honored :oops:
HarryWhite71
Team: TMFR

Post by HarryWhite71 »

this is all fake news
InfernalKerr77
Team: Jack Daniel's Racing

Post by InfernalKerr77 »

HarryWhite71 wrote:this is all fake news
clout gang
Rico118

Post by Rico118 »

maybe a idea if we need to qualify for this event, you can only qualify if you have done 50/75% of the season so you'll be sure there will be not old sim guys joining back for this event
Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Post by Rush »

Rico118 wrote:maybe a idea if we need to qualify for this event, you can only qualify if you have done 50/75% of the season so you'll be sure there will be not old sim guys joining back for this event
But we want old sim guys for the event hello?
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
Rico118

Post by Rico118 »

Rush wrote:But we want old sim guys for the event hello?
i mean guys that only raced a few years ago
WillSt24
Team: BPC

Post by WillSt24 »

Rico118 wrote:maybe a idea if we need to qualify for this event, you can only qualify if you have done 50/75% of the season so you'll be sure there will be not old sim guys joining back for this event
Do you want to be selected right way at this point?
| WILLIAM ST-LAURENT |
MXS best finish : 2nd [SX] 3rd [MX]
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

How about a participation rule where if there's a country with 4+ riders trying to earn a spot, then it comes down to not only qualifying but also who's been racing. Sure, Australia can probably field a strong 3 man team, but Brady Standley might be able to install sim for a week and qualify then disappear into obscurity again. So maybe a rule where the rider must have attended a certain percentage of events to be eligible to race?