THE OFFICIAL MXS SX SERIES: 2019 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur) (NA)

Organize races and post results here
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Re: THE OFFICIAL MXS SX SERIES: 2019 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur) (NA)

Post by DBRider251 »

IIRC, anyone can protest anyone IRL... If a spectator wants to protest that he thinks someone is running a mod bike in a stock class, I'm fairly certain he can. There's no rule against getting third partied.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

DBRider251 wrote:IIRC, anyone can protest anyone IRL... If a spectator wants to protest that he thinks someone is running a mod bike in a stock class, I'm fairly certain he can. There's no rule against getting third partied.
This isn’t ams. In supercross there is no way a fan can protest someone
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

The AMA just dealt with an issue like this with bowers except the riders were quick to defend bowers. Payback happens all the time in the sport and of course action typically only gets taken when the top riders are involved. However I would say RF is much more bias free and consistent. Of course sometimes things shouldn't go unpunished but when you dish it out, you better be able to take it too. This same move happened on me for a potential podium position with a lap to go last year yet no action was taken. So I guess the question is, where do you draw the line? I suppose it's a case of personal judgement but Leclair can't be mad when he does stuff like that too.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

MOTOZ293 wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:IIRC, anyone can protest anyone IRL... If a spectator wants to protest that he thinks someone is running a mod bike in a stock class, I'm fairly certain he can. There's no rule against getting third partied.
This isn’t ams. In supercross there is no way a fan can protest someone
Yeah but in Supercross the AMA will hand out a penalty. I haven't seen RF themselves hand out a penalty in a while
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

chaseb31 wrote:Couldn’t agree more, ironic someone on mv has targeted leclair and intentionally hit him multiple times this year.. and revived 2 warnings. But I do it and I get a ban when I’ve never seen a warning in sim history. Oh well.
Yea that’s what I was thinking. I mean I think it’s really stupid because you didn’t even come close to crashing when you took him out. Even funnier to me was how Payson Johnson was taking out everyone and even cut the track some and only received a warning
chaseb31
Team: BPC | let's get it

Post by chaseb31 »

Heckman it makes me laugh man, I’ve never seen a warning in history.. never rode dirty enough to get protested. A Mv rider can hit someone intentionally multiple times in outdoors and in RF Supercross. And reveives (2) Warnings, not just 1. I was banned for a intentional takeout which his were all intentional? But I do it once and I get a ban and not a warning? And ya Payson gets a warning also and did far worse things then me. Not here to bitch and complain but it’s also not JUST me saying this is ridiculous and unfair.
Chase Blakely | Oregon Based
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Racers52 wrote:IMO, you would not have made the corner if you didnt blast Leghair wide open. End of the day people need to be racing and not stock track server punting and alot of people cross that fine line.
He hit him and still didn’t make the corner. Also admitted afterwards it was intentional.

There is a difference between punting and taking someone out. Always has been. Leclair has ridden that line for years but just barely stays on the takeout side.

I watch the negotiations between Pete and the rF guys on protests. They try to be as fair as possible no matter who is involved.

Chase, you effed up and now you sit here and argue just showing no respect to the rules, other racers, or staff. Shows not only was the penalty just, but perhaps should be more since you’d clearly do it again since you think it’s ok.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

I think he’s more focused on the consistency of the penalties. Like where’s the line for what’s too aggressive and what’s not? Wish you guys would write out specific examples and guidelines in the rulebook that way these issues don’t exist. Just my 2 cents
chaseb31
Team: BPC | let's get it

Post by chaseb31 »

Checkers do you read anything I say? I said I’m not here to bitch and complain, I’m confused why my intentional takeout is a ban when multiple intentional takeouts have happened from 1 person And they got 2 warnings. There’s the biggest grey area of what can be done and what can’t.
Chase Blakely | Oregon Based
Ashe
Team: Trap House Inc.

Post by Ashe »

Im not picking sides just asking how you differ from warnings to bans. Cause for the most part these look like the same takeout only difference is chase went off track a little bit and is that the way to differ between them is Atom stayed on track and rode away clean and Chase got banned cause it was sloppy?
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

Don't bring Monty into my comment, all I'm saying is what goes around comes around. You did the same thing with the same result. Kinda hypocritical to complain about it.
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

[quote="Ashe"][/quote]
From what I understand it is because Chase didn't keep it on track. We all know he got lucky even staying on two with a punt attempt like that. rF keeps it pretty realistic to the AMA/Feld with their inconsistency in calls though so props on the realism.
Ashe
Team: Trap House Inc.

Post by Ashe »

Got it
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Just to be clear, I have removed myself from anything other than building terrains and I didn't even look at the protests decisions and talk back and forth between the officials for this protest. I'm strictly commenting as a fan of the racing. I do however have experience ruling on these protests and watching these decisions being made. I can say the guys try their best to be consistent and they do a good job; perhaps the only thing more consistent is the community bitching about whatever decision is made... actually just the community bitching in general.

The difference between those two passes is honestly easy to see...

The one across the start straight, the rider made the turn (he was also more in a racing line, but that doesn't even matter in this situation I don't think). The one after the triple, even with contact the rider misses the corner. He came in at an angle so sharp he may have even clipped through the bales. It was an intentional punt, he had no plan to ride out of the corner without both of them going down or off the track.

The rF rulings have always been very strict on PUNTING and left some room for aggressive passing. There is a reason Leclair has been able to rollerball guys every week without being penalized. If the rF group was actually biased, don't you think they'd be penalizing Leclair out of all people?
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

AHeckman2 wrote:I think he’s more focused on the consistency of the penalties. Like where’s the line for what’s too aggressive and what’s not? Wish you guys would write out specific examples and guidelines in the rulebook that way these issues don’t exist. Just my 2 cents
Thats not necessarily the best option though because with very specific rulings we are essentially telling people how to ride which is not what we want. We want people to make there own decisions but also understand the differences between stock track punting and agressive racing. This approach leaves it up to the protest crew, viewing the incident from multiple perspectives and concluding on the most appropriate result. I can take constructive criticism but blaming the system for inconsistencies doesnt help to better it. Ya feel