THE OFFICIAL MXS SX SERIES: 2019 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur) (NA)

Organize races and post results here
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Re: THE OFFICIAL MXS SX SERIES: 2019 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur) (NA)

Post by KaseoDip »

I’m not asking for my positions back. I just think there has to be a better way for this not to happen in the future. Make it so like every 3 timing gates you miss, you are penalized 15 seconds unless you blatantly cut the track
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

Right but what am I saying is that track creators have no control over that. That's something JLV would have to do.
KaseoDip
Village Idiot

Post by KaseoDip »

Oh ok. I thought you were thinking I was asking for rf to give me my positions back
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Anyone have demos for 250 LCQ, 450 LCQ, and 450 MAIN? need them for how was your weekend?
KaseoDip
Village Idiot

Post by KaseoDip »

MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

KaseoDip wrote:450 main thanks to Ayetom
http://www.mediafire.com/file/iryfxge22 ... n.rar/file
thank you!
mx816mx

Post by mx816mx »

can someone unban so i can sign up
Tyler Nichols
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Wahlamt wrote:
jlv wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:What if some packets are lost from user -> server?
Timing packets are resent until they get through.
Hmm... Had this happen in 2016 sx, the guy who lead was leading according to his race, he won. So he stood still after the finish line, but according to the server and everyone else, he was 20th... Maybe not entirely the same, still peculiar.
I think there is a bug hiding in it somewhere. It's only happened a couple of times which makes it really hard to track down. It's not just from packet loss or it'd happen all the time.
Jeremy150 wrote:Right but what am I saying is that track creators have no control over that. That's something JLV would have to do.
Not sure if he missed gate 22 but that one isn't really necessary. I can't see any way you could cut 22 profitably. He either missed 22-24 or 23-25. But really, he missed half a straightaway. Doesn't matter if he only missed by a foot. He still missed it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

jlv wrote:He still missed it.
Input error. Wasn't about to rub it in, but since you mentioned it...
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

jlv wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:
jlv wrote: Timing packets are resent until they get through.
Hmm... Had this happen in 2016 sx, the guy who lead was leading according to his race, he won. So he stood still after the finish line, but according to the server and everyone else, he was 20th... Maybe not entirely the same, still peculiar.
I think there is a bug hiding in it somewhere. It's only happened a couple of times which makes it really hard to track down. It's not just from packet loss or it'd happen all the time.
I think I have my demo from it. Would that help at all?
mx816mx

Post by mx816mx »

mx816mx wrote:can someone unban so i can sign up
Tyler Nichols
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Wahlamt wrote:
jlv wrote:
Wahlamt wrote: Hmm... Had this happen in 2016 sx, the guy who lead was leading according to his race, he won. So he stood still after the finish line, but according to the server and everyone else, he was 20th... Maybe not entirely the same, still peculiar.
I think I have my demo from it. Would that help at all?
No. It's not a scoring problem. It's something with the client to server reliable message queue getting deadlocked. Not 100% sure there's a bug either. It could just be lots of packet loss on that particular client.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Gotta hand it to you rF, you've managed to blow my fucking mind yet again this year.

For some reason, you allow ANYBODY to join qualifying server. ANYBODY. Some fucking idiot joined the qualifying server Jack gatland and I were in for the last session before racetime, in that session, Jack Gatland and I ran 52s, which would have gotten us right into the mains, and this fucking asshole am just sits there and doesn't restart until 6:31 and our laps don't count. Then we try and explain it in the race server and you guys straight up fucking ignore us. GGs, even EMF would have at least reviewed our problem. And at least EMF can prevent ams from joining quali servers, Grade A hosting.
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

808 wrote:Gotta hand it to you rF, you've managed to blow my fucking mind yet again this year.

For some reason, you allow ANYBODY to join qualifying server. ANYBODY. Some fucking idiot joined the qualifying server Jack gatland and I were in for the last session before racetime, in that session, Jack Gatland and I ran 52s, which would have gotten us right into the mains, and this fucking asshole am just sits there and doesn't restart until 6:31 and our laps don't count. Then we try and explain it in the race server and you guys straight up fucking ignore us. GGs, even EMF would have at least reviewed our problem. And at least EMF can prevent ams from joining quali servers, Grade A hosting.
I think this guy is mad, not sure though.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Yeah I was pretty mad, but now that I'm calm, let me go ahead and suggest something so some nonsense like this doesn't ever happen again.

If a qualifying session starts before 6:25, all laps from that session should count, even if it's past 6:30 when the server restarts. Then, admins can be patient and wait for the times to count since the rF website is doesn't count times right away, and people who actually deserve to be in the race because they actually ran their fastest lap BEFORE 6:30 can get in, and the server not restarting on time won't be a problem.
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.