THE OFFICIAL MXS SX SERIES: 2019 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur) (NA)

Organize races and post results here
trey127
Team: EBR PERFORMANCE

Re: 2019 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur) (NA)

Post by trey127 »

Well i was super excited about the year to start, now i believe i may just put the game down. Im not paying to race heat races all year and then an lcq. This really sucks. I really enjoyed the way it was last year. But RIP me because honestly no one cares about anyone in this game. The higher ups putting this on, basically say this is how its going to be and if you dont like it dont race. which is fine i guess... Not like anyone can say anything to change it.
mx816mx

Post by mx816mx »

So the open am class allows 450's?
Tyler Nichols
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

skyzen wrote:Image

So the number 5 is open for this year?
No, the rulebook is in relation to 2019.
trey127 wrote:Well i was super excited about the year to start, now i believe i may just put the game down. Im not paying to race heat races all year and then an lcq. This really sucks. I really enjoyed the way it was last year. But RIP me because honestly no one cares about anyone in this game. The higher ups putting this on, basically say this is how its going to be and if you dont like it dont race. which is fine i guess... Not like anyone can say anything to change it.
What exactly has changed?
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

trey127 wrote:Well i was super excited about the year to start, now i believe i may just put the game down. Im not paying to race heat races all year and then an lcq. This really sucks. I really enjoyed the way it was last year. But RIP me because honestly no one cares about anyone in this game. The higher ups putting this on, basically say this is how its going to be and if you dont like it dont race. which is fine i guess... Not like anyone can say anything to change it.
Bro, you have 98 points in the 250 class. You had to score 150 points to point out.. You'll be alright man. If people didn't care, there wouldn't be a brand new website...
MorganMX124

Post by MorganMX124 »

So there is no 450 class for ams, just OPEN meaning you can race a 125 to 450?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

There should be an exception to the amateur rule where if they've never finished inside the top 5 then they aren't forced to be bumped up. There's a lot of Ams who can only race on Amateur nights and aren't fast enough to race pro but have been scoring top 10s for years.
mx816mx

Post by mx816mx »

Ddavis wrote:There should be an exception to the amateur rule where if they've never finished inside the top 5 then they aren't forced to be bumped up. There's a lot of Ams who can only race on Amateur nights and aren't fast enough to race pro but have been scoring top 10s for years.
yes
Tyler Nichols
Mxkid823
Team: SPINC

Post by Mxkid823 »

- Riders who do not qualify for the fast 40 in the 250 Pro class, are eligible for this class.
So does this mean that A license riders can attempt to qualify for the 250 pro race on Wednesday night, and if they don't make the night show they can race the Open Am class on Sunday of that week? Or, must you not attempt to qualify at all for the pro race in order to be eligible to race the Open Am class? I know in the past years you had to skip the pro race completely to be eligible so I wanted to confirm.
2019 BRMXS Amat Supercross Part 1 [NA] 450SX Champion
3 - rF Amateur [NA] SX Wins (Oakland & Houston 2019; Atlanta 2020)
1 - MXSEMF Amateur [NA] SX Win (Minneapolis 2019)
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Mxkid823 wrote:
- Riders who do not qualify for the fast 40 in the 250 Pro class, are eligible for this class.
So does this mean that A license riders can attempt to qualify for the 250 pro race on Wednesday night, and if they don't make the night show they can race the Open Am class on Sunday of that week? Or, must you not attempt to qualify at all for the pro race in order to be eligible to race the Open Am class? I know in the past years you had to skip the pro race completely to be eligible so I wanted to confirm.
A license can only qualify for 250 pro. B license is able to to. Other things
SMITH_119

Post by SMITH_119 »

So who is going to actually be keeping track of all these rules for the classes round after round and removing people that exceed the points limit etc... Unless you have a script or code thats makes riders not be able to sign up for a class they are not eligible for. thats going to be a hell of a job to pick though 60-70+ signups per class and check their previous results to make sure they didn't exceed the points limit.
bcrase14
Team: RedBull Honda Racing

Post by bcrase14 »

So just to make sure I read it right. It said there will be ONE 250 am class. So that means there will NOT be a East and West deal for the 250 class. I just want to make sure I’m reading that right. I wonder if EMF is doing the same? I just want to know because I was planning on doing 250 east coast and 450 on the west coast, but if that’s how its laid out, I don’t wanna show up to A1 on a 450 when I should be on a 250.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

bcrase14 wrote:So just to make sure I read it right. It said there will be ONE 250 am class. So that means there will NOT be a East and West deal for the 250 class. I just want to make sure I’m reading that right. I wonder if EMF is doing the same? I just want to know because I was planning on doing 250 east coast and 450 on the west coast, but if that’s how its laid out, I don’t wanna show up to A1 on a 450 when I should be on a 250.
Yes, one 250 Am class per location (NA and EU). No coasts. JUST ENSURING EVERYONE IS AWARE, EMF is NOT the same series. They do not have the tracks they’ve always been given from the rF team who has made them every year since JLV stopped. Don’t be misled.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Ddavis wrote:There should be an exception to the amateur rule where if they've never finished inside the top 5 then they aren't forced to be bumped up. There's a lot of Ams who can only race on Amateur nights and aren't fast enough to race pro but have been scoring top 10s for years.
There are only four people who scored more than 150 points in the 250 regional classes who are being bumped up from last season. Those riders are Will Whiteley, Reno Brennan, Trent Sheppard and Phil Doyon. Three of the four of these riders had wins, the outlier had three podium finishes. Three of these riders scored points in pro classes during the National Series. If a rider cannot make Wednesday night races, they can still race on Sunday in the Open class. Not sure I am understanding the issue here?
Mxkid823 wrote:
This is the same rule we used in 2017. You can attempt to qualify for Pro night, if you don't make the top 40 you can race AM class. Instead of granting riders two licenses per week, we would like to at least give them a chance to try and advance themselves.
SMITH_119 wrote:So who is going to actually be keeping track of all these rules for the classes round after round and removing people that exceed the points limit etc... Unless you have a script or code thats makes riders not be able to sign up for a class they are not eligible for. thats going to be a hell of a job to pick though 60-70+ signups per class and check their previous results to make sure they didn't exceed the points limit.
Your license is what governs you to select classes. If you point out of a B license, you will have an A license. The Open AM class is not affected by the point out rule like the 250 AM class is. Having A licensed riders eligible for the 'Open' AM class does a few things for us.

-Allows riders to try and advance themselves to the pro classes without having to change licenses weekly.
-Gives more people in the middle ground between Pro and AM a chance to race, especially when gates weren't full in amateur classes consistently last year.
-Gives the ability to only allow eligible riders in the limited qualifying servers on Pro night.

It is all about finding the best compromise for all classes.

We are still refining rules, so give your thoughts.
Mxkid823

Post by Mxkid823 »

SMITH_119 wrote:So who is going to actually be keeping track of all these rules for the classes round after round and removing people that exceed the points limit etc... Unless you have a script or code thats makes riders not be able to sign up for a class they are not eligible for. thats going to be a hell of a job to pick though 60-70+ signups per class and check their previous results to make sure they didn't exceed the points limit.
Your license is what governs you to select classes. If you point out of a B license, you will have an A license. The Open AM class is not affected by the point out rule like the 250 AM class is. Having A licensed riders eligible for the 'Open' AM class does a few things for us.

-Allows riders to try and advance themselves to the pro classes without having to change licenses weekly.
-Gives more people in the middle ground between Pro and AM a chance to race, especially when gates weren't full in amateur classes consistently last year.
-Gives the ability to only allow eligible riders in the limited qualifying servers on Pro night.

It is all about finding the best compromise for all classes.

We are still refining rules, so give your thoughts.
So, when refining the rules can you clarify that A license riders are eligible for Open Am because currently it only says B license are eligible, but also if you don't qualify for the pro race you're eligible. One should be able to realize that you'd need an A license to try and qualify Weds night, and since the ones who don't make it can race Sunday in Open Am therefore A licenses are able to race Open Am but I can see people getting confused.

Clarification on licenses:
450 Pro - Pro
250 Pro - Pro (That are eligible based on point out rule) & A
Open Am - A (That did not qualify in the fast 40 that week) & B
250 Am - B & C
250 Novice - C

Sounds right? Trying to summarize
Mxkid823

Post by Mxkid823 »

Mxkid823 wrote: 250 Am - B
Correction