Budds Creek race - Saturday May 22, 9:00 PM EDT

Organize races and post results here
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Budds Creek race - Saturday May 22, 9:00 PM EDT

Post by jlv »

I've added the results to the first post. (Damn! That was quick warrior!)
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

That's what happens when you're a grad student I guess, you learn to get things done fast. I just hope it's accurate and nobody gets mad at me for putting them lower than they were.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

That's what happens when you're a grad student I guess, you learn to get things done fast
Not speaking for anyone else, but for me, you learn to get things done fast... because you leave stuff to the last minute :lol:
Blitz
Team: Privateer

Post by Blitz »

jlv wrote:I'm running a pretty low end computer (core i3 + gt 240) and it stayed at 127 fps the whole time. If you're having fps issues try running the stock wheels. It will save you almost 4000 vertices per bike at a distance.
Thanks, ill try that.
mxer323 wrote:
Blitz wrote:That was a great experience, however i feel it will become a race where the person who has the best computer will win, and not the fastest.

kinda like real life huh, equipment makes or breaks riders :P

save some money instead of spending it on useless stuff and put it towards a nice upgrade for your computer for future things NOT JUST GAMES
Fair call haha
DJ wrote:I'm sick of people having a whinge about their poor frame rate, and do nothing about it.

If you have a shit computer, and you want to run in these large races, you have 2 options.

1) Buy a new computer

2) Revert back to the stock models and textures.
I have tried doing lots about it, believe me. I'm not buying a new comp.
No. Lol.

Jlv's advice takes the cake.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I'll take a 8th :).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
blaster99

Post by blaster99 »

It was a ton of fun, but hard to get back up when you crashed. Everyone just plowed into you. I did lead for like .5 seconds in the 1st moto though! :P
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
MX196

Post by MX196 »

I got to see these.
knapp21

Post by knapp21 »

JLV, I have a compaq presario with a 200$ graphics card (not sure of the specs). But my proseccor is junk. Could you maybe give me an idea of what I can do so I can ride with 35 other guys? I was thinking maybe to just get a new motherboard so I could get a better processor. I really need to do something before the series starts so I can race. i dont know what to do!
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I'd need to know the specs of your system before I could make an intelligent recommendation.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

knapp21 wrote:JLV, I have a compaq presario with a 200$ graphics card (not sure of the specs). But my proseccor is junk. Could you maybe give me an idea of what I can do so I can ride with 35 other guys? I was thinking maybe to just get a new motherboard so I could get a better processor. I really need to do something before the series starts so I can race. i dont know what to do!
there is a problem with that, im not 100% sure but usually dell and compaq and other computer companies make it so you CANT upgrade with after market parts, you have to go back to them (go figure) Usually buying a "gaming" comp from a company is BS and way overpriced. I would honestly say just save up and build one yourself then sell what you have online to someone local (craigslist ) You can build a nice performance computer for 350-500 $ & 500-800 $ youll never touch your computer again for 5 years with anything that comes out.

Depending on what your specs are no one can help & also what your able to do helps, but off the top of my head i would drop more memory in your computer ASAP and thats a cheap way to help your computer out.

Run this below and this should help you out to tell you what exactly you have in your comp or you can even post it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool

To do this:

Step One: Click Start, and select the menu item Run

Step Two: In the Run dialog box, type: dxdiag

Step Three: Click Ok

http://www.updatexp.com/directx-diagnostic-tool.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

i wish the EDIT button worked for like 5 minutes after a post.

but anyway i loaded up the demos from the race.

and im using 1,117MB thats with pretty much everything MAXED & AA Maxed and a few other options in my control panel for visual appearance. Also thats with alot of high res/poly models.

hopefully that little info could help you with your code, maybe if a few others post there MB usage too might help.

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
JohnnyMac

Post by JohnnyMac »

jlv wrote:I'm running a pretty low end computer (core i3 + gt 240) and it stayed at 127 fps the whole time. If you're having fps issues try running the stock wheels. It will save you almost 4000 vertices per bike at a distance.
Whats the process for this? Sounds like in order to get everyone to have stock wheels again, I would need to REMOVE the hd wheels saf from personal folder right?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

That's correct.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

would it be possible to duplicate the mx sim personal folder and rename one of them to like "mx sim personal folder2" with default models and no skins so that i could switch to it for races? (rename it to what the default one would be)