National Erode Test

Organize races and post results here
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Re: National Erode Test

Post by Clfitty »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:imo it just seems odd that anyone would think that they would just suddenly switch back to non-erode. Especially after all the work that's gone into it. You can hope, but I don't see us ever going back to pre-made for racing events in rF again.
It's not that odd actually. There are plenty of games that revert to older updates, even after hours of work. Sometimes temporarily or permanently. It all depends on player count and if the players are generally satisfied. I know quite a few people personally who don't enjoy erode in it's current state, so they have stopped racing (myself included.) Although, I know there are a lot of people who like it. I'm not trying to say more people don't like it, than do. Anyways it's not that farfetched to think that they would consider doing a season of non-erode to wait for some sort of erode update(s) to make it better. But in the end, it's not that big of a deal to me. I don't spend too much time worrying about the game now, just a little hope that it would return to the tracks that I enjoyed more. I won't lose sleep over it, just on to the next game to waste some hours in. :)

Jakob Hubbard wrote:wat, I'm already 70 posts ahead of you.
Oh wow. Yeah, yikes... didn't see that correctly. Slow down, you'll turn into the next DDavis. hi devin
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Clfitty wrote:
Jakob Hubbard wrote:wat, I'm already 70 posts ahead of you.
Oh wow. Yeah, yikes... didn't see that correctly. Slow down, you'll turn into the next DDavis. hi devin
DDavis:
Me:
I think DDavis will hold that record for a while :lol:
chaseb31
Team: BPC | let's get it

Post by chaseb31 »

I really wish we could get as many people that show up to at least leave a damn comment on what they thought on the erode, or maybe things that people think you guys can change or try. I feel like no one gives any input and you guys wonder why you do 10 mins and leave from the erode server. All you people who sit there and say erode sucks or the roughness sucks this and that. Why not leave some comments about it so they can try and work on it. These guys show up for a erode test and do 10 mins of it and say how shitty it is but when its over wont say a damn word of input, secondly to the "RF Crew" if we are gonna do a erode test for outdoors, its gonna help a ton if we have at least a single bail in the corners. Not gonna say names but fast top guys are cutting corners and off cambers which is pretty sad them being such big names and fast guys and cant even run a clean lap for a erode test..
Chase Blakely | Oregon Based
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Post by Clfitty »

chaseb31 wrote:I really wish we could get as many people that show up to at least leave a damn comment on what they thought on the erode, or maybe things that people think you guys can change or try. I feel like no one gives any input and you guys wonder why you do 10 mins and leave from the erode server. All you people who sit there and say erode sucks or the roughness sucks this and that. Why not leave some comments about it so they can try and work on it. These guys show up for a erode test and do 10 mins of it and say how shitty it is but when its over wont say a damn word of input, secondly to the "RF Crew" if we are gonna do a erode test for outdoors, its gonna help a ton if we have at least a single bail in the corners. Not gonna say names but fast top guys are cutting corners and off cambers which is pretty sad them being such big names and fast guys and cant even run a clean lap for a erode test..
Not sure if you're referring to me or not but if you are..just so you know.. I've been to quite a few erode tests since they started them last year. None recently because I haven't played the game really. However, while people were punting each other, being toxic in chat to rF crew and others, etc. I was giving feedback on what i think it needed and how it felt to me. I do agree with your points, but just saying that I'm not one of those people.
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

I thought the V3 erode was way better than the V2 and both were night and day in front of V1 due to you re scaling and moving the terrain to make the most of the terrain. I pretty much give me 2 cents on some of the track below;

1 - the roughness going into the corner was pretty good, i would have liked to see more options in terms of ruts being used and them being viable as a fast line. maybe the chop coming out of the corner was a bit much imo.

2 - no real complaints here, people were using all three pre-made ruts which was better than V1, the roughness going into the corner felt pretty nice and the rough and chop going up the hill was pretty good.

3 - I actually liked the ruts going around this corner jump, i felt that the tile info was a let down as when you landed its very slick on both wheels, and this is made worse if you go over any ruts.

4- This for me was by far the worst part on the track, the ruts felt pretty good and they opened up the track rather than the corner starting off flat, but god damn those braking bumps were a nightmare, i mean they didn't build up too high, they were all just so sharp as sudden and the suspension couldn't settle going into them.

5 - Pre-made ruts weren't amazing as they wasn't really used, people would just cut across the first single, i think bales are a must on the next erode test if there is one, the rough going up the hill was better this time though.

6 - Same again, couldn't really tell what the ruts/ roughness was doing as everybody was cutting the corner.

7 - The last 70% of the braking bumps going into this corner felt really great! although when you landed from the double there was horrible little chop, i feel that the roughness as the end of this hill should be how the hill at 4 builds up too. The inside ruts didn't really build up all that impressive as people just kept making a new one further and further in, again, need bales.

8 - One of my favourite corners on the track up until the 20 minute mark when pretty much everything got just a tad too much, the inside two ruts formed really well.

9 - I thought this got rough but it wasn't overbearing, the bumps built up a little too much by the 25 min mark but prior to that i wasn't enjoying coming into the corner and jumping into the rut. maybe in the future make the second and third pre-made rut hold you a little better just as an intensive to start taking it earlier?

10 - Really liked the ruts going up the first turning singles face, also enjoyed the ruts and little kickers on the turning double, just wish they would have been a little more visible.

11 - Er, nothing much to say. The corner was just mostly chop going through it, maybe try some pre-made ruts? or an outside sweeping berm to force different lines? and also bales to limit people on where they can go.

12 - I know im not alone in saying that middle rut formed amazing, the inside kept getting blown out and needed bales as people where just going so tight, the outside was really far wide and didn't really hold, maybe try and change the erode tile info to make the inside get a little more rough then the outsides? just to force different lines.

13 - I felt that the inside braking bumps were good, and the inside line formed well, it got a little much at the end but that made a few of us start choosing the middle or the outside rut.

14 - I mean i think we just need bales, people were going onto the overlay. so not much really built up in the corner, the roughness wasn't bad leading into it though.

15 - the rough coming into the corner was good, the two outside ruts build up nice, there was a really square edge bump build up, possible from where two erode info's met, other than that no complaints here.

16 - not really any roughness here, which shouldn't really form as there inst any braking, the three ruts built up really nice, but people were just cutting the corner, so there should be bales here in the future.

17 - the roughness was really nice through here, being able to jump through braking bumps felt good, doubling into the corner felt even better though, but thats just my dumb ass wanting to send stuff for the fun of it.

18 - the inside lines was a little too op, maybe try a few more pre-made ruts to make other lines more possible as the outside didn't hold you and the inside just got really chewed up.

19 - the roughness going into here was great, my only complaint would be to put bales on the inside leading up to and around the corner just so people don't cut, i think the same should be done across the entire track.

Overall, the erode was a lot better, there wasn't a horrible chop caused by a the terrain this time around, just small chop in places from the erode settings, with a little tweaking on the erode and tilemap it will be a lot better, maybe the erode was just a tad too high with it being really rough with 10 mins still to go. Agree with chase about people quitting 10 mins into the race which defeats the entire point of the race. But thanks for putting in the effort to push erode better, JLV - how likely would it be in the future for 4k terrain? which would be a huge benefit for erode. also make the game utilise multi core CPU's and utilise GPU's.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Are these all new settings or using what Chris had come up with last year?
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

I thought the v3 erode was much better than the first 2. I only quit because I was stuttering non stop
SMITH_119

Post by SMITH_119 »

anyone save the rough V3 track?
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

aeffertz wrote:Are these all new settings or using what Chris had come up with last year?
Starting with a combo of last year's ending and what has been learned from SX.

Jeremy has taken most of this over, but I'm still giving him input the best I can without being too involved due to my frustrations with development.
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

Bradclay306 wrote:GREAT POINTS
I was going to do something similar to this but when i saw his there is no reason for it because i agree with 99% of what was said.
He hit the nail on the head saying he would like to see less small chatter coming out of turns (the entrances were pretty good) but on the exits i felt like my back end was skipping around so much it makes the bike feel like its in sand with very weird traction/ slideouts / front end lock ish?
Several others in discord mentioned same thing.
Outdoors is about to be fkn wicked.