2019 rF Nationals Pro and Amateur (NA)

Organize races and post results here
reddead422
Team: Wildside Designs

Re: 2019 rF Nationals Pro and Amateur (NA)

Post by reddead422 »

KTM57 wrote:The guy is the dankest memer I've ever witnessed.
Honestly this is the full truth Leclair says some of the funniest shit
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Jaruro38 wrote:I just saw Spencer Turley last video and ohh f******, we just need this again, please rF together we can raise this community again.

Have you not saw any of the how was your weekend videos, season recap video I made? We also have a new series for kick start coming out during the break of thunder valley and high point
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Jaruro38 wrote:I just saw Spencer Turley last video and ohh f******, we just need this again, please rF together we can raise this community again.

This was actually made by Alex Heckman if I remember correctly, not ST.
Jaruro38
Team: DP26 RB KTM FACTORY

Post by Jaruro38 »

Racers52 wrote:This was actually made by Alex Heckman if I remember correctly, not ST.
In the last video ST talks about the erode and tracks of 2017, that's why I've posted that video of 17 season.

The video that I am talking about is this, I believe that Spencer is right in many things that he says in this video, they are constructive coments which many of us agree with.

Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Jaruro38 wrote:they are constructive coments which many of us agree with.
Opening statement, I told areeeF they should make a harescramble seeerieees and mah gollly theh deid.

Really constructive.

Were the ruts too big in area's? Yeah
Were the braking bumps berms in area's where you were cutting across the track? Yeah
Did multiple line choice open late in the race? Yeah

His whole notion that 'rF should work on erode in the background, this right here is as far as you need to go to see he is ill informed. You can't develop settings for erode to use in the races without 40 riders. There is no simulated test we can do. Furthermore, you cannot get a 100% accurate test without having people know and tryharding the particular track using the actual lines. Erode works 100x better if people aren't confined to the single fastest line.

It is pretty hypocritical to just say 'fix it' without knowing what is involved, and what people are already doing trying to get a desired outcome with erode without making it worse..
rmitch524
Team: Jack Daniel's Racing

Post by rmitch524 »

Maybe I'm part of the minority but I've enjoyed the erode this year. I love that the tracks get rough enough to force a line change, sometimes multiple line changes in a single corner, and the fact that down the stretch you have to use more throttle control and really work the bike to hit lines perfect.
2019 RF EU Iron Man Moto 1 Champion
Tlangs daddy 2020 RF EU SouthWick
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

rmitch524 wrote:Maybe I'm part of the minority but I've enjoyed the erode this year. I love that the tracks get rough enough to force a line change, sometimes multiple line changes in a single corner, and the fact that down the stretch you have to use more throttle control and really work the bike to hit lines perfect.
Same here, I was telling people that my demise in the moto's was due more to the fact that I wasnt changing my lines and I wasnt taking it down a notch to ride the track properly.
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

Racers52 wrote:
rmitch524 wrote:Maybe I'm part of the minority but I've enjoyed the erode this year. I love that the tracks get rough enough to force a line change, sometimes multiple line changes in a single corner, and the fact that down the stretch you have to use more throttle control and really work the bike to hit lines perfect.
Same here, I was telling people that my demise in the moto's was due more to the fact that I wasnt changing my lines and I wasnt taking it down a notch to ride the track properly.
I don't really have a problem with erode, one of my only thoughts is that maybe lines should start a little sooner with slightly less sharp chop and straighter angles of entry so that coming into the corners later in the moto and not isn't like trying to navigate through a peaky field of moguls as my screen quickly shuffles back and forth between sky and dirt and hope I land in the rut properly that I cant even see yet.
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

FlyinHigh wrote:
Racers52 wrote:
I don't really have a problem with erode, one of my only thoughts is that maybe lines should start a little sooner with slightly less sharp chop and straighter angles of entry so that coming into the corners later in the moto and not isn't like trying to navigate through a peaky field of moguls as my screen quickly shuffles back and forth between sky and dirt and hope I land in the rut properly that I cant even see yet.
Also more on board with the idea like turkey and them were saying about something of the sorts of 80% premade 20% added.
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

FlyinHigh wrote:I don't really have a problem with erode, one of my only thoughts is that maybe lines should start a little sooner with slightly less sharp chop and straighter angles of entry so that coming into the corners later in the moto and not isn't like trying to navigate through a peaky field of moguls as my screen quickly shuffles back and forth between sky and dirt and hope I land in the rut properly that I cant even see yet.
The problem is, faster erode development = more stutters. The peaky bermish braking bumps is something we are trying to find a remedy for among other things of course.
FlyinHigh wrote:Also more on board with the idea like turkey and them were saying about something of the sorts of 80% premade 20% added.
From what JLV is saying the rough and ruts using erode then smoothed to desired level might be the better avenue. Premade that does not match what the erode is trying to form causes issue.
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
FlyinHigh wrote:I don't really have a problem with erode, one of my only thoughts is that maybe lines should start a little sooner with slightly less sharp chop and straighter angles of entry so that coming into the corners later in the moto and not isn't like trying to navigate through a peaky field of moguls as my screen quickly shuffles back and forth between sky and dirt and hope I land in the rut properly that I cant even see yet.
The problem is, faster erode development = more stutters. The peaky bermish braking bumps is something we are trying to find a remedy for among other things of course.
FlyinHigh wrote:Also more on board with the idea like turkey and them were saying about something of the sorts of 80% premade 20% added.
From what JLV is saying *make the rough and ruts using erode then smoothed to desired level might be the better avenue. Premade that does not match what the erode is trying to form causes issue.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I'd like to see Spencer Turkey try and do a lap around a national at the end of the day. It's pretty similar to what we deal with on this game, not gonna lie. The only thing that makes it seem unrealistic is the size of the ruts, but the physics of this game wouldn't handle realistically scaled ruts in a way that felt right. I think the tracks have been sick lately, but my only recommendation would be more premade ruts or lines added. Pala was a step in the right direction, a lot of line choices in each corner made for good racing.
Yung Kryp
Team: www.C4Designs.co

Post by Yung Kryp »

The only thing I recommended is what Daniel was saying, the jaggedness at the top of the ruts. Everyone always complains and say we need less "walls" but if those "walls" were smoothed out, imagine how sick it would be to have 3-4 ruts in every corner to pick.

I like the big bumps and changing lines because it really shows who can adapt to it.
2015 FAMmx Racetech Spring SX Series 250 Pro Champion
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Right now the problem with these jagged ruts is that you can't change your line once you're in it, and if you do happen to pop out of it, your bike 180s and you're backwards in a rut with a steep wall and you might as well have a legs off with the time it takes to get out of the corner.
Yung Kryp
Team: www.C4Designs.co

Post by Yung Kryp »

Ddavis wrote:Right now the problem with these jagged ruts is that you can't change your line once you're in it, and if you do happen to pop out of it, your bike 180s and you're backwards in a rut with a steep wall and you might as well have a legs off with the time it takes to get out of the corner.
Happened to me... I was stuck turning around with my front wheel in the sky for about 10 seconds.. :(
2015 FAMmx Racetech Spring SX Series 250 Pro Champion