2019 rF Nationals Pro and Amateur (NA)

Organize races and post results here
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Re: 2019 rF Nationals Pro and Amateur (NA)

Post by aeffertz »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:What's the consensus on erode? I saw some emotionally skewed assessments about it from a few sore losers, but from what I saw it was well received.
I think it makes the racing more exciting, fun and challenging, it just needs some more improvements; better lighting/shading update so we can run better looking decals, multi-core support so it can run smoother on more PCs, and just continue searching for that perfect setting between too smooth or too rough. From what I've gathered, I think most people enjoy the concept of erode, they just wish it was more polished. That's why most servers you play in have it and most tracks being released now have erode versions, but as soon as a track get's "too rough" or "too easy, not enough erode" they say erode is shit.

I know I and others have gone back and played on old tracks with no erode and it just gets dull rather quick now that we are accustomed to a deforming track.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Erode was really good this season. I don't think we need it in Supercross. I miss the days where if someone is coming onto your inside into a corner you can square them up. That doesn't exist anymore in SX. The berms turn into huge ruts and it makes passing difficult and the rhythm sections come down to luck due to the poor lighting/shading on this game. In my opinion we should ditch erode in SX and just race the tracks how they are. Outdoors, however, we should keep erode and keep similar settings that we had this season, but work on the lighting/shadows and we'll be in a really good spot.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

That was definitely true at the beginning of supercross, but once we switched our concept up and started the ruts at the 66% mark (similar to what you see on real SX tracks) it became very possible to square up the corner.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Ddavis wrote:Erode was really good this season. I don't think we need it in Supercross. I miss the days where if someone is coming onto your inside into a corner you can square them up. That doesn't exist anymore in SX. The berms turn into huge ruts and it makes passing difficult and the rhythm sections come down to luck due to the poor lighting/shading on this game. In my opinion we should ditch erode in SX and just race the tracks how they are. Outdoors, however, we should keep erode and keep similar settings that we had this season, but work on the lighting/shadows and we'll be in a really good spot.
If ruts in jump faces worked properly, this would never be an issue either as it'd give a reason to deviate from the massive rut on the outside when the face went away and you couldn't jump into the section as big.

The rF crew IMO did a good job working with what they have been given. Until the system evolves more and some glaring issues are fixed I don't think you'll see any more huge gains.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

i do agree that they improved in sx but honestly id still vote for no erode in sx but erode in MX is sick as
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

checkerz wrote:
Ddavis wrote:Erode was really good this season. I don't think we need it in Supercross. I miss the days where if someone is coming onto your inside into a corner you can square them up. That doesn't exist anymore in SX. The berms turn into huge ruts and it makes passing difficult and the rhythm sections come down to luck due to the poor lighting/shading on this game. In my opinion we should ditch erode in SX and just race the tracks how they are. Outdoors, however, we should keep erode and keep similar settings that we had this season, but work on the lighting/shadows and we'll be in a really good spot.
If ruts in jump faces worked properly, this would never be an issue either as it'd give a reason to deviate from the massive rut on the outside when the face went away and you couldn't jump into the section as big.

The rF crew IMO did a good job working with what they have been given. Until the system evolves more and some glaring issues are fixed I don't think you'll see any more huge gains.
I agree with you, the rF crew did an incredible job working with what they were given and honestly made the absolute most of it and I'm appreciative of the work they put in, and you Chris, to get it to where it is today.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

Prizes

450 NA PRO
Alexis Leclair - 7500 Knobbies
Atom Holm - 5000 Knobbies
Jack Haley - 2500 Knobbies
Chase Blakely - 1250 Knobbies
Jeremi Seabolt - 800 Knobbies

250 NA PRO
Walter Gebhardt - 5000 Knobbies
Tyler Lang - 2500 Knobbies
Sean Klein - 1250 Knobbies